• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

two questions

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I don't know about "all" Norse pagans, but I'm pretty hard polytheistic, and regard men and women as equals with no encouraged gender roles.

Oh ok cuz i had heard stuf like women are encoyraged to be mothers but not forced. i never knew about asasatru and stuff till a while ago so it got me curious

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Oh ok cuz i had heard stuf like women are encoyraged to be mothers but not forced. i never knew about asasatru and stuff till a while ago so it got me curious

I haven't heard that, yet, but I'm still a newbie. However, the later parts of the Havamal don't paint women in that great a light, but those parts I don't really care about. I would maintain my views on women based on my own experiences, not what one or two Vikings or Skalds from a thousand years ago had to say about women.

BTW, it's Asa-tru. ^_^

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I would observe that of all the flavors of Neopaganism out there, Asatru/Heathens/Northerners are among the most unapologetic polytheists of them all. Reconstructionists in general are unapologetic polytheists, but especially that demographic.

Views on women's roles probably depend on what group you're associated with. If you can, I'd pick up this issue of Witches & Pagans for a great overview of these traditions. The back issue is expensive, but it's like buying a book. It's one of their most well-produced issues.