• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two questions -- I'll explain soon

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Question 1 -- a baseball bat and ball cost $110 together, but that bat costs $100 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

Question 2 -- do you have a faith belief in a deity, or are you atheist or agnostic?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Forgot the decimal points. ;0)

Predisposed toward religion unless I get an education.

The ball is 005.

Atheist after being educated, would be my answer.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

Question 1 -- a baseball bat and ball cost $110 together, but that bat costs $100 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

Question 2 -- do you have a faith belief in a deity, or are you atheist or agnostic?

$5. But I suck at math and I cheated and looked up the answer. Thank God for Google....oh, wait....I'm an atheist....never mind.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

$5 (took me less than 5 seconds)

I am a pantheist (we're even smarter than atheists who are smarter than theists)

And I'm leaving my brain to science when I go! (got an offer from the local High School biology club)

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
On a side note, I had no idea baseball bats had gotten so expensive these days.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The bat is 105, leaving 5 for the ball. 100 is the difference in prices, not the prices itself. I did a table in my head, counting down from 110 til i reached 105, and counting up from 1 til i hit 5 and the 100 dollar difference summing 110.

Im atheist, with strong spiritual inclinations. Proto consciousness is fundamental i believe.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Thank gosh I skipped math and graduated already!

Uh. Got as far as the bat and ball are 55 dollars each. but if the bat costs 100 more then its no longer 110? Her ignorance shows

No.
Atheist.

How do the two questions relate?

Bob the Unbeliever

1) Ummm... I have a calculator function on my smartphone... but I don't know how to use it. ;)

2) unbeliever. (some call me atheist, some would call me agnostic. But they all can call me ex-christian)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

$5, and yes, exactly :)

(Seriously, I am a stranger to the idea of belief in a deity).

To be formal, I am very much an atheist and technically also an agnostic - although that has become nearly inconsequential along the last few years.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1) Ummm... I have a calculator function on my smartphone... but I don't know how to use it. ;)

2) unbeliever. (some call me atheist, some would call me agnostic. But they all can call me ex-christian)
Simple algebra you can do in your head:

A + B = $110.00

A - B = $100.00

Add the two equations together and simplify:

2A = $210.00

Divide both sides by 2 to get the price of the bat:

A = $105.00

And subtract a hundred bucks to get the baseball price.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Unfortunately the first question is often seen in many forms so the answer already known. The second, agnostic as to a deity, atheist as to any faith in such.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

$5
Mostly agnostic. I have faith in humans, though. Not quite the same as faith in a deity.

Gallowglass

1. $5, because poor people need to be able to calculate prices quick and well.
2. Theist. (Non-Christian, Polytheist variety, Heathen if you want to be specific.)