• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Political Questions...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
1) In an ideal world, do you believe you should have a say in whether or not your neighbor can pollute your air and drinking water?

2) In an ideal world, would you want and accept government intervention to stop your neighbor from polluting your air and drinking water (assuming your neighbor were doing it)?

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTION: In what nation or jurisdiction do you live?

The questions are straight-forward and to the point. Let the weaseling around giving them straight and to the point answers commence at once!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes and yes.

USA, Iowa. Do I get a cookie for answering an extra credit question?

I like cookies.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1) In an ideal world, do you believe you should have a say in whether or not your neighbor can pollute your air and drinking water?

2) In an ideal world, would you want and accept government intervention to stop your neighbor from polluting your air and drinking water (assuming your neighbor were doing it)?

The questions are straight-forward and to the point. Let the weaseling around giving them straight and to the point answers commence at once!

Yes
Yes ( but the govt should intervene only if local negotiations between me and the neighbor fail and there should be limits to the intervention. The govt often have their own agendas and use local disputes as an excuse to pursue them)
India.

Heyo

Veteran Member

No.
No.
Germany.

(In an ideal world my neighbour would never even think of polluting his and my air and water.
In an ideal government with less ideal people the answers would be "Yes", of course.)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm guessing most folks will agree on the principles and that the differences lie mainly in the execution.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Yes
Yes
Michiana

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes

Yes

NZ

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

1) Yes

2) Yes

Ex) France/Nouveau Aquitaine/Dordogne/Perigord/Canton of Domme... You did ask

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yes.
Yes.

The Universe, Solar System, Earth, EU, Denmark, region Sjælland, Guldborg kommune, Nykøbing Falster, Nørrebro.
As ChristineF, you did ask. :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Two Political Questions...
IMO:

Short answer: NO

Long answer:
From Political POV I think "ideal world" is kind of impossible, but assuming the world is ideal then, IMO, all behave ideal, so "I should not have a say in that"

Short answer: YES

Long answer:
IF "government intervention" is the way to get "an ideal world" THEN I would want and accept that, because "ideal world" seems ideal to me

That's indeed an easy "extra credit question". I live in Holland

Last edited:

WalterTrull

Godfella
I was about to write "we do live in an ideal world" until I looked it up: "satisfying one's conception of what is perfect; most suitable". Never happen, I guess. I suppose "perfect" is the word I was looking for. In practice the questions are already answered affirmatively.