• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Kinds of Salvation

Ben Avraham

What is it about "dead" you do not understand? You are adding to God's word. "It does not say the boy died of sunstroke.

But the motion of the Prophet to restore the boy's life is akin to resuscitation. And besides, we have all the Biblical quotes attesting to the fact that once dead no one will ever return from the grave if you read II Samuel 12:23; Psalmas 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; and many more, all in the Tanach which was the Scriptures of Jesus himself.

omega2xx

But the motion of the Prophet to restore the boy's life is akin to resuscitation. And besides, we have all the Biblical quotes attesting to the fact that once dead no one will ever return from the grave if you read II Samuel 12:23; Psalmas 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; and many more, all in the Tanach which was the Scriptures of Jesus himself.

There is a general rule---once dead, always dead. This is always true unless God intervenes,

Elijah did not bring the child back to life. He asked God to do it, and God answered his prayer. Same with Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead.

Ben Avraham

There is a general rule---once dead, always dead. This is always true unless God intervenes,

Elijah did not bring the child back to life. He asked God to do it, and God answered his prayer. Same with Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead.

No one can be raised to die again, let alone to resurrect.

Ben Avraham

HaShem can do every thing He wish but one; to do something just because you wish He did or should have done.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You believe too much. Usually one who believes too much does not know as much. Knowledge does not come from believing but from learning. No, I am not talking about salvation from sin but from universal catastrophes of the size of the flood. I did not say from another flood. It could be fire or atomic destruction. Jesus had nothing to do with personal salvation. He rather said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law to achieve salvation. (Luke 16:29-31) And for him to pay for the sins of others, he would contradict the Prophets of the Most High who say that no one can die for the sins of another. (Ezekiel 18:4,20)

The promise not to flood the earth again does not have to be only with water. It could be with fire or total atomic fall-outs. Jesus will never return from the grave. He was a Jew and he believed in Psalms 49:12,20. The eternal home of the dead is called Sheol aka the grave. Your assumption that there is no difference between the collective concept and the individual one is based on the power of Christian preconceived notions.

I believe I believe as much as I need to. My experience is that people think they know things but usually they are in error. I believe it is rare when I am in error.

I believe one learns because one believes the information is true.

I believe there are plenty of verses that say He does.

I believe your :rather" is incorrect (in error) I am not sure where you get the idea that He connects listening to Moses as equvalent to salvation.

I do not believe it is a contradiction.

I don't see how anyone could construe it otherwise.

I believe that would negate the prediction of Peter without any basis for doing so.

I believe He already has.

I believe that is only talking about the body.

I believe I did not make an assumption but a logical deduction. The Jews is not a single entity but a set of many members and a member of that set would be from the set. (That is set theory in case you missed it).