• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter liberals use racist alt-right slur in “cucker Carlson” trend.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes music is a great source of emotionality.
I tend to be rather “masochistic” with music. Like I want something sad sounding when I’m feeling sad. Is that bad lol?

For me comfort comes in the form of a simple movie like Wizard of Oz (yes, I am aware of the horrendous behind the scenes antics) or Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Even Forrest Gump, even though I think it’s far more “iffy” when I actually think about its narrative structure and messaging.

At the moment though I’m just enjoying getting lost in Red Dead 2. Simple wholesome fun.
No, it's not bad. People respond to music on an individual level and that can't be judged. If it helps you to hear music that matches your mood and know that you are not alone, that can only be a good thing.

As for me, it depends. I tend to already be depressed as my default mode. So listening to depressive music often only makes it worse, especially when I'm drunk, as I often am. So now I tend to seek out music with lyrics that both can relate to what I am going through but ultimately have a positive perspective. Hence, that song I posted. Of course, I also have BPD so I'm very sensitive to things people say, and that includes lyrics.

I wish I could play RDR 2! That was my fave game for over a year but now my Xbox One disc drive is busted. :(

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No, it's not bad. People respond to music on an individual level and that can't be judged. If it helps you to hear music that matches your mood and know that you are not alone, that can only be a good thing.

As for me, it depends. I tend to already be depressed as my default mode. So listening to depressive music often only makes it worse, especially when I'm drunk, as I often am. So now I tend to seek out music with lyrics that both can relate to what I am going through but ultimately have a positive perspective. Hence, that song I posted. Of course, I also have BPD so I'm very sensitive to things people say, and that includes lyrics.

I wish I could play RDR 2! That was my fave game for over a year but now my Xbox One disc drive is busted. :(
Yeah that makes sense.
I notice I tend to listen to music more when I’m drunk. I’m not sure why.

Oh no! My PS4 disc broke. I was so upset. I ended up redownloading it and it still had my saved files. Probably not a good idea on my part because it’s just rebuying the game essentially. But I’m an idiot prone to reacting from emotion, what can I say?

Hope a new gaming system can enter your life in the future.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah that makes sense.
I notice I tend to listen to music more when I’m drunk. I’m not sure why.

Oh no! My PS4 disc broke. I was so upset. I ended up redownloading it and it still had my saved files. Probably not a good idea on my part because it’s just rebuying the game essentially. But I’m an idiot prone to reacting from emotion, what can I say?

Hope a new gaming system can enter your life in the future.
It's partially my fault because I was upset and threw my console down a flight of stairs twice. Partially not my fault because my ex-girlfriend upset me by throwing a violent tantrum, breaking my Xbox controller and shattering a cup that my deceased mom gave me that was a favorite of mine while throwing me out of her apartment. I had actually planned to kill myself after that, so I didn't care about the Xbox at that time. I'm honestly surprised it still works at all. I can still play the games downloaded on it and it runs fine.

I will figure out how to fix it, or pay for a repair. Honestly, I'm waiting for the Series X to come out since it will be backwards compatible with Xbox One games and discs and I believe Microsoft when they say that as they have a better track record than Sony when it comes to such promises.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Don't feel bad, the term is used primarily among neckbeard, weeb, and incel circles where they hang out on chan boards and regurgitate memes into each other's mouths like baby birds.
Eh??

Now you'll have to explain what a neckbeard is, and a weeb. And a chan board. Weeb sounds like a sort of maladapted waterbird.