• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twin Jewsih Messiahs?

roger1440

I do stuff
It doesn't matter. If someone points something out and you see it too, it's all the same.
Yes it does matter. In both Jewish scripture and the gospels the Messiah will make himself known personally. It will not be done by proxy. What I mean by “proxy” is that you will not be told by another. You will not be told by a rabbi, priest, book, sermon, etc.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Yes it does matter. In both Jewish scripture and the gospels the Messiah will make himself known personally. It will not be done by proxy. What I mean by “proxy” is that you will not be told by another. You will not be told by a rabbi, priest, book, sermon, etc.

That's not true. The Apostles were trying to convince people of Jesus by showing how he fit the bill as the Messiah.

Acts 28:23 .” So they set a day to meet with Paul, and many people came to the place he was staying. He expounded to them from morning to evening, testifying about the kingdom of God and persuading them about Jesus from the Law of Moses and the Prophets. Some of them were convinced by what he said, but others refused to believe.…

But I don't believe it simply because Paul says it, I believe it because I can see it too.

roger1440

I do stuff
That's not true. The Apostles were trying to convince people of Jesus by showing how he fit the bill as the Messiah.

Acts 28:23 .” So they set a day to meet with Paul, and many people came to the place he was staying. He expounded to them from morning to evening, testifying about the kingdom of God and persuading them about Jesus from the Law of Moses and the Prophets. Some of them were convinced by what he said, but others refused to believe.…

But I don't believe it simply because Paul says it, I believe it because I can see it too.
I’m going to ask a very simple question. If Jesus is the Messiah, what did he do? Explain in your own words. Don’t tell me, believe in Jesus and you will go to heaven, unless you can produce a dead Christian who can tell me the story himself. When I look out my window, I don’t see the world any different than it was in the first century. Granted, I wasn’t here during the first century but I have read enough about it.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I’m going to ask a very simple question. If Jesus is the Messiah, what did he do? Explain in your own words. Don’t tell me, believe in Jesus and you will go to heaven, unless you can produce a dead Christian who can tell me the story himself. When I look out my window, I don’t see the world any different than it was in the first century. Granted, I wasn’t here during the first century but I have read enough about it.

Judging by your question you don't want to believe, having excluded the only option that makes sense.

Ben Avraham

Twin Jewish Messiahs!

Yes, there were two Messiahs during the time when Israel was divided between two Kingdoms: Israel in the North and Judah in the South. Israel was called Messiah Ben Yoseph and, Judah is called Messiah Ben David. When Israel the Northern Kingdom was rejected by the Lord, and Judah the Southern Kingdom was confirmed to remain as the only Kingdom according to Psalms 78:67-70, the virgin Israel fell to Assyria and was gone forever from the Land of Israel. (Amos 5:2) Well, I am posting a thread about the two Messiahs in this forum where you can have a complete idea about the two Messiahs. Enjoy your learning!

rosends

410e4746233f533f.gif

Prestor John

Messiah simply means anointed one. being a messiah doesn't necessarily equate to being the son of God. I'm not sure how a messiah is different from a prophet. Perhaps a messiah is a savior who opens a dispensation of the Gospel. In that respect Joseph Smith would qualify as the Messiah Ben Joseph. The mission of the Messiah Ben Joseph was to restore the truth to the Earth in the latter days. According to prophecy his father would also be named Joseph. Also according to prophecy he would die at the hands of evil men before the age of 40. It isn't a perfect fit to Joseph Smith but it is a very good fit.
The prophecy also claimed that the Messiah Ben Joseph would restore Temple worship.