• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twelver/Sevener differences?

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
Salaam friends,

I was wondering where the point of division was for Twelver Shi'ites and Seveners? Are there also significant doctrinal differences?

Thank you in advance for your time and peace.

Matemkar

wa salam.

Good to know you are studying Islam.

But I need to inform you that, these ten days (Muharram 1-10) we will be busy attending majalis, listening to Islamic sermons and all that.

Is it OK if we answer your questions later? :)

Thank you for your understanding.

Matemkar

Wa alaikum salam. Sorry for the delay.

The differences are on the continuation of Imamah/Leadership after Imam Jafar Sadiq.

However, there are no significant doctrinal differences except in the Imamah concept. And it is mainly because shia Islam, no matter what sect in it, gets the essence of the religion from Quran and Prophetic Hadiths through Ahlulbayt. And the main teachings are taken from Prophet Muhammad and first Imams of Ahlulbayt.

You can check Tuhaf al-Uqoul for example. It is a shia hadith book, which every shia sect accepts. Because it consists of the narrations from the first Imams.

I hope I make sense. ma salam

p.s. I am glad that you study shia Islam. And, if I may, you can use these websties for your researches:

Books on Islam, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad(s), Ahlul Bayt | Al-Islam.org

English Bayynat

Islamic Mobility Ebooks for iphone, ipad, android, ios