• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Has Surpassed Movies

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't see how PETA has the authority to cancel anything. They may have brought the death of the horses to the public's attention, but it was public backlash against how the show treated the horses that got the show cancelled.
PETA can apply public pressure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It seems a rather bizarre perspective to say that PETA got the show cancelled instead of acknowledging that it was the production company's inability to keep horses alive that got it cancelled.
PETA was the instigator.
A few horses died....big deal.
They're just low grade hamburger manufacturers.

QuestioningMind

PETA was the instigator.
A few horses died....big deal.
They're just low grade hamburger manufacturers.

Don't be silly... PETA didn't instigate anything. The instigators were the show's producers who decided to treat majestic horses as if they were nothing more than cheap hamburger meat. Only they discovered that most of the public is disgusted by the thought of majestic horses being killed for their entertainment and ended up getting themselves cancelled.

Rather sad that you don't think that those responsible should take any responsibility for the results of their actions. It wasn't THEIR fault... it's the fault of the entity that brought their abhorrent actions to light. It's kind of like a rapist claiming that the only one who did anything wrong was the evil person who witnessed the rape and tattled to the authorities.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't be silly... PETA didn't instigate anything. The instigators were the show's producers who decided to treat majestic horses as if they were nothing more than cheap hamburger meat.
How do you know this?
Rather sad that you don't think that those responsible should take any responsibility for the results of their actions.
Don't be sad.
I never said that, & don't believe that.
It's kind of like a rapist claiming that the only one who did anything wrong was the evil person who witnessed the rape and tattled to the authorities.
Pbbbttttt!
What a mischievous analogy.

QuestioningMind

How do you know this?

Don't be sad.

Pbbbttttt!

How do you know this?

HBO Sued Over Alleged Horse Deaths Cover-Up on 'Luck' | Hollywood Reporter

Don't be sad.

Sure you do... your very first reaction was to blame the messenger and not the people who committed the act.

Pbbbttttt!

It's actually quite apt for someone who claims it was the messenger of the abuse that got the series cancelled and not the actions of the producers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How do you know this?

HBO Sued Over Alleged Horse Deaths Cover-Up on 'Luck' | Hollywood Reporter

Don't be sad.

Sure you do... your very first reaction was to blame the messenger and not the people who committed the act.

Pbbbttttt!

It's actually quite apt for someone who claims it was the messenger of the abuse that got the series cancelled and not the actions of the producers.
My claim is somewhat different from what you state.
And you link doesn't support this....
".....show's producers who decided to treat majestic horses as if they were nothing more than cheap hamburger meat."

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Actually going to a theater and watching the annual Disney movie with my friends was a rite to me...as a kid.
I don't know...going to the movies is magical.

QuestioningMind

My claim is somewhat different from what you state.
And you link doesn't support this....
".....show's producers who decided to treat majestic horses as if they were nothing more than cheap hamburger meat."

I simply used the term YOU chose to use to describe these animals. I could just as easily have said the show's producers decided to treat majestic horses as they were useful bags of meat. If you don't like it perhaps you should choose your words more carefully.

QuestioningMind

We are each entitle to our views.
But we shouldn't misrepresent others'.

I don't think I misrepresented anyone's views. I simply used the term you provided for describing how the show's producers viewed the horse's lives as nothing more than disposable commodities for the sake of entertainment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think I misrepresented anyone's views. I simply used the term you provided for describing how the show's producers viewed the horse's lives as nothing more than disposable commodities for the sake of entertainment.
That's not what I said.
Now you're misrepresenting both me & the show's staff.
Stop it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like long lingering development of stories.
When done well, I just don't want it to end.
One series that epitomizes such TV kawality...
But some of the greatest moments are the most mundane.
Openings for each episode are wonderfully done...often
inscrutable at first, the significance slowly unfolding.

Last edited: