• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning to G-d does not stall progress of science. Does it ?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I agree with the one's first sentence.
What does one mean from "As long as it is left out if the science itself"?
Please elaborate.

Regards

That God(s) isn't used as a reason for any scientific test (or lack thereof) nor should we attempt to disprove or prove God(s) using science.

Nimos

If one could have a little recess for tea and meals one could find some time to turn to G-d also, it will boost one's concentration in the matter of science in hand, I understand. Right, please?
What is meant by that statement is simply, that God per definition is considered supernatural, which is something that science doesn't work with.

If you are performing an experiment and add a bit of God to it, basically anything is possible.

Just to make it perfectly clear, it doesn't mean that religious people are not scientific or capable of doing science. In fact by far the majority of religious people that work in science have absolutely no issue with it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Only if one stops seeking answers via the scientific methods and just relies on old stories and personal revelation, etc.
Does science say that religion should follow "scientific method", please?
My understanding is that scientific method is only for science, and not for religion. Right, please?

Regards

Milton Platt

Does science say that religion should follow "scientific method", please?
My understanding is that scientific method is only for science, and not for religion. Right, please?

Regards
I did not say that, and science says nothing about religion. That was not what you asked in your OP

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Turning to G-d does not stall progress of science.
Does it ?

Regards

Ask the "scientists" at the discover institute.

Luckily they are only a very tiny fraction of of scientists who hold god dear.

Although most scientists do not believe in a god (i have heard as many as 93% hold no religious belief) some of the greatest discoveries have been made by scientists who gave a belief in god

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Ask the "scientists" at the discover institute.

Luckily they are only a very tiny fraction of of scientists who hold god dear.

Although most scientists do not believe in a god (i have heard as many as 93% hold no religious belief) some of the greatest discoveries have been made by scientists who gave a belief in god
"some of the greatest discoveries have been made by scientists who gave a belief in god"

It gives evidence that the truthful religion is an ally of science. Right,please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Depends.

If by "turning to god", you mean "i'll pray for the answer to this problem" instead of actually rolling up your sleeves and actually working to find an answer, then yes it absolutely will stall progress.

Because 2 hands working accomplish infinitly more then 1000 hand clasped in prayer.
While making utmost endeavors to find a vaccine for the Corona-virus, it won't stall if they also turn to G-d. That is my understanding, please?
Regards