• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

turncoats

hindupridemn

Defender of the Truth
Have any of you ever been accused of not being commited to either religion? I get called a turncoat all the time for following four religions at once. I'm HIndu because I'm a panentheistic henotheist and believe in reincarnation of the atman. Hindus should recognize all deities as one, so they shouldn't have a problem with it. I'm LDS because I value the guidance of Jesus and the President/Prophets of that church. When I was baptised the missionaries told me I could keep my other religions. I'm Jain because I value ALL life and try to practice ahimsa as much as possible. I currently have the flu but am still praying for the souls of the organisms that my immune system is killing. Mahavira taught that sages come from all religions. I'm Baha'i because I believe in unity of all religions and I recognize Baha'u'llah. 'Abdul-Baha actually said that converts are not only allowed to identify as Christian Baha'is, Jewish Baha'is etc but MUST continue involvement in our previous religions. Yet some people consider me to be unserious in religion and some members of my family have called me immoral (though I think it may have more to do with the fact that none of my four religions is Catholic or mainstream Protestant).

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I'm not a Christian Wiccan, but I am eclectic pagan and have been accused of "cultural rape" :sarcastic:rolleyes:. It seems to me from reading this, that perhaps you just borrow from these traditions and turned it into something that you've made your own, rather than following all of them to the letter. If so, then I would label (if I had to label, of course) you are eclectic, like me.

Rain Drops

There are Fundies everywhere. People think it's just hardline Christians or Muslims that are extreme....

But I've seen the same thing in Paganism and Reconstructionist religions.

It's especially bad when you tell them you are a 'Christian".... whatever. That really gets the Pagan Fundies stirred up.

I've been told I'm not allowed to label myself a Christians Druid..... I can be a druid, a Christian or an Eclectic Pagan... but I'm not allowed to call myself a Christian Druid.

Whatever man...... there are some real Douchebags out in the world.

Peace all. :rainbow1:

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Have any of you ever been accused of not being commited to either religion? .
Regularly. When I was attending mainstream protestant churches I was regularly "beaten up" by the pastor/cell leader for my "lack of faith". I've been chased away from almost every denomination in South Africa. They normally tell me that worshiping a goddess is against the Bible and I'm condemned to spend eternity in Hell

I've not been accused of it yet. Except in a few Wicca books I read. ='3 I'm honored I'm such a threat.
I've seen this on a lot of wiccan and Christian websites. The Christian websites are really nasty most of the times.

*I wish we had UU here in ZA:(*

AlsoAnima

Friend
Regularly. When I was attending mainstream protestant churches I was regularly "beaten up" by the pastor/cell leader for my "lack of faith". I've been chased away from almost every denomination in South Africa. They normally tell me that worshiping a goddess is against the Bible and I'm condemned to spend eternity in Hell

I've seen this on a lot of wiccan and Christian websites. The Christian websites are really nasty most of the times.

*I wish we had UU here in ZA:(*
Actually I've never seen a Christian book take notice of Wiccans, but I've seen quite a few Wiccan books go on a page or two rant about the evils of non-Wiccan witches, or those sects of Wicca that 'don't count'.

no-body

I follow new-age and neo-pagan beliefs. Let's be serious here unless you conform (or nonconform) to a little boxed label most people are going to judge you no matter what you do or say. Prove them wrong through your actions and be your religion.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I have been Wiccan and Christian, just not at the same time.

I am the original turn coat.

I was a solitary Wiccan first and then I joined a coven that practiced Witchcraft.

I say more power to you and your spiritual journey.

Do you ever have any regrets?