• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turn your inner demons into friends!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to all those souls curious enough to click on this little thread of mine.

Anyway, here's an article you may find useful or enlightening.

For a taste -

Feeding our demons rather than fighting them contradicts the conventional approach of fighting against whatever assails us. But it turns out to be a remarkably effective path to inner integration.

Demons (maras in Sanskrit) are not bloodthirsty ghouls waiting for us in dark corners. Demons are within us. They are energies we experience every day, such as fear, illness, depression, anxiety, trauma, relationship difficulties, and addiction.

Anything that drains our energy and blocks us from being completely awake is a demon. The approach of giving form to these inner forces and feeding them, rather than struggling against them, was originally articulated by an eleventh-century female Tibetan Buddhist teacher named Machig Labdrön (1055–1145). The spiritual practice she developed was called Chöd, and it generated such amazing results that it became very popular, spreading widely throughout Tibet and beyond.

Read more here -

How to Feed Your Demons

Namaste

:)

ValdresRose

I've been searching for something like this. There are 2 particular demons that I have not been able to work through. The lesser one is loneliness which would be easiest to work with using Chöd. Along with fear and joy, I should be able to feel loneliness when it arises momentarily but I don't Thoughts arise in my mind, such as sexual thoughts for example, and that clues me in that I'm dealing with loneliness. I usually remind myself, "hello loneliness, glad you're coming for a visit" and just let the thought change to something else because it isn't sex I want, it's human contact. What I need is to feel loneliness when it arise like I feel fear, it's just an emotion and the feeling will pass in about 10 seconds.

Anyway I want to try this technique because it looks like something that could bring a break-through for me. Thanks for posting this.