• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turmoil

King Phenomenon

I've heard people on here talk about how the Christian right tries to save gay people. I was just wondering how they do that? Is it at church, on the Internet, on the street etc? Are they the ones that bring it up first or are they asked what God means by "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."? It's been a while since I've been to church but I don't recall any preacher saying stuff like that and after reading a bible statement like that it would be dumb for me to ask them what God means by it. So I don't really know what the problem is between the Christian right and other groups regarding this topic.

One might say Christianity spreads hate but hate would exist without religion I think and maybe even worse without it.

If everybody woke up tomorrow and started to teach their kids to respect people with different beliefs and ways of living there would still be hate unfortunately because these kids grow up and will ultimately form their own opinions and make their own choices I think.

I hate to say things like that but I am a realist. I wish I could tell people all the nitty gritty details as to why theres hate in the world but I cannot.

Obviously everybody knows that in Christianity being gay is a sin. So perhaps it's as simple as knowing that where all the turmoil arises within certain people.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've heard people on here talk about how the Christian right tries to save gay people. I was just wondering how they do that? Is it at church, on the Internet, on the street etc? Are they the ones that bring it up first or are they asked what God means by "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."? It's been a while since I've been to church but I don't recall any preacher saying stuff like that and after reading a bible statement like that it would be dumb for me to ask them what God means by it. So I don't really know what the problem is between the Christian right and other groups regarding this topic.

One might say Christianity spreads hate but hate would exist without religion I think and maybe even worse without it.

If everybody woke up tomorrow and started to teach their kids to respect people with different beliefs and ways of living there would still be hate unfortunately because these kids grow up and will ultimately form their own opinions and make their own choices I think.

I hate to say things like that but I am a realist. I wish I could tell people all the nitty gritty details as to why theres hate in the world but I cannot.

I guess it's just general knowledge that Christianity tries to save people from Sin and obviously everybody knows that in Christianity being gay is one of those sins. So perhaps it's as simple as knowing that where all the turmoil arises within certain people.
Christian "salvation" as I understand it, involves evading the consequences of sin, to wit: condemnation by God. Of course, this presupposes an existing, judgemental god; and Karma, or indirect, delayed consequences to certain actions or thoughts.

It does seem odd that one would be condemned for what would be essentially a birth defect. One wonders why God would create a hopelessly defective creature to begin with.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

I guess it's just general knowledge that Christianity tries to save people from Sin and obviously everybody knows that in Christianity being gay is one of those sins. So perhaps it's as simple as knowing that where all the turmoil arises within certain people.

My experience has been the following.... building relationships. I remember when two ladies who had made a choice of living a lesbian lifestyle. As they came in, one presenting the other as her husband, we greeting both ladies with love and care. They enjoyed the service and at the end, both gave their lives to Jesus.

You see, we don't have to "try to change them". Once Jesus lives on the inside, He does the changing.

The end of the story is that one ended up in jail (don't know why) but the other moved to a New England State and send a thank-you card for her life changing experience. She was then married to a man.

ecco

Veteran Member
My experience has been the following.... building relationships. I remember when two ladies who had made a choice of living a lesbian lifestyle. As they came in, one presenting the other as her husband, we greeting both ladies with love and care. They enjoyed the service and at the end, both gave their lives to Jesus.

You see, we don't have to "try to change them". Once Jesus lives on the inside, He does the changing.

The end of the story is that one ended up in jail (don't know why) but the other moved to a New England State and send a thank-you card for her life changing experience. She was then married to a man.

I take that entire story with a huge grain of salt.
Just one visit to your church and they "both gave their lives to Jesus"!

One who Jesus changed became heterosexual.

You credit Jesus for that.

The other ended up in jail. Do you also credit Jesus for that?

ecco

Veteran Member

Early childhood influences are very important. If a child grows up in a racist, homophobic home he will more often than not grow up to be a racist homophobe.

Actually, many Christians have come to accept homosexuality as a natural part of life.