• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tunnel

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
This seems to be the day for motoring videos so i thought I'd throw in one of this tunnel in Russia

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hmm. I wonder if this is due to black ice patches or if the drivers are just drunk out of their skulls?

Bob the Unbeliever

This seems to be the day for motoring videos so i thought I'd throw in one of this tunnel in Russia

That short video shows me why dash-cameras are so very, very popular in Russia.

I've watched any number of dash-cam YouTube vids, and it's frightening. I am so glad I do not live anywhere near there, nor in a city with that level of population density.

It's scary enough where I live, in a modestly-small city....

Of course, being in a Double-Dare-Red-Red-RED state? Most vehicles are pick-'em ups.

And worse? The owners of these death-on-wheels think they are *safer* in ice and snow...

... yes, it is true-- these pickup drivers think a rear-wheel drive, empty-bed monster drives better on ice and snow than any front wheel drive anything...

I do enjoy pointing and laughing whenever I see pickups stuck in ditches in the winter... of course, I'm not all heathen-- if there are people still inside? I'll report it to the PoPo, just in case they need some assistance.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That short video shows me why dash-cameras are so very, very popular in Russia.

I've watched any number of dash-cam YouTube vids, and it's frightening. I am so glad I do not live anywhere near there, nor in a city with that level of population density.

It's scary enough where I live, in a modestly-small city....

Of course, being in a Double-Dare-Red-Red-RED state? Most vehicles are pick-'em ups.

And worse? The owners of these death-on-wheels think they are *safer* in ice and snow...

... yes, it is true-- these pickup drivers think a rear-wheel drive, empty-bed monster drives better on ice and snow than any front wheel drive anything...

I do enjoy pointing and laughing whenever I see pickups stuck in ditches in the winter... of course, I'm not all heathen-- if there are people still inside? I'll report it to the PoPo, just in case they need some assistance.
I once was driving in freezing rain and saw cars sliding off a crown-shaped road (higher in the middle). I had four studded snow tires (we could do that then) and drove down that road successfully. It pays to be prepared.

Daemon Sophic

At one minute into the video, a truck is progressing along in the right lane, when WHAM!! another equally sized truck hits him.....from the right.
I watched it several times. What do y’all think.....does the second truck come through the tunnel wall (perhaps from traffic flowing in the opposite direction in an adjacent tunnel)? :confused:
I will watch again.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
None. Poor driving on ice and possibly and probably a vodka or two yo help keep out the cold is a recipe for an overdose of concrete wall
Someone should fix the leaking roof....I may complain about living here sometimes because of the greed and corruption, but that tunnel would never stay open here until the problem was fixed. Ridiculous!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
At one minute into the video, a truck is progressing along in the right lane, when WHAM!! another equally sized truck hits him.....from the right.
I watched it several times. What do y’all think.....does the second truck come through the tunnel wall (perhaps from traffic flowing in the opposite direction in an adjacent tunnel)? :confused:
I will watch again.

Looks to me like the truck behind tried to avoid the collision by driving up the wall, bounced back into the right rear of the leading truck.