• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying to find happiness without God has become impossible

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've fallen into unbelief in the sense that I do not have the faith that I had.

I don't believe in God or any such spirit being can be contacted by me or has any interest in my life.

It is a miserable hopless place to be and I've been there before. I cannot experience happiness in this agnostic or Deist frame.

Everything has become un interesting and the women I desire are out of my league and would require too much work and change for me to ever get close to.

I cannot figure out what else there is to live for. The days where prayer brought euphoria and I could taste heaven were so happy. My sins or something cut me off from that, and life has become bitter and empty.

I'm telling you, having faith is a much happier place to be. This atheism is hell and a feeling of total separation from God.

Not a damn thing brings me joy anymore. I walk to beautiful places to pray and my prayers are like daggers returning to stab me.

there is simply no reward in religion anymore and now I must make a difficult decision to find reward without a God or religion.

I simply cannot do it.

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
This atheism is hell and a feeling of total separation from God.

I interpret it you come from a Catholic background? I don't believe in hell perse but I fully agree with your sentiment. Atheism is the absence of rationality and the idolatry of the physical world, all it can cause is suffering. A bad religious person and an atheist are inevitably the same thing.

However if you're going through an agnostic (uncertainty of yourself) phase, try seeking experiences and try meditating more.

there is simply no reward in religion anymore and now I must make a difficult decision to find reward without a God or religion.

This depends on what you mean by "religion" but you sound as though you are trying to lift weights off your shoulders. I don't get the sense that you are atheist or irreligious, just stressing yourself out. We all need to stress ourselves out occasionally, it gives us time to rethink things and change our approaches to better understand ourselves. I don't think you're doubting God inasmuch as you are doubting yourself. Give it time Popeadope, you'll be fine.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I have no clue how you atheists and agnostics find happiness when you only have faith in yourself to accomplish your goals.

When you only have faith in the material world, and there are no spirits looking out for you or after life, it seems there is nothing meaningful to life imo

If you do good deeds or bad deeds, so what? It really doesn't matter. There is no reward or consequences for any of them.

as a believer I thought I could draw power from someone who was much greater than myself. I thought I could rely on these heavenly beings to be stronger and wiser.

Now it must all come from me. It's a terrible place to be. Atheism is hell in my experience.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I interpret it you come from a Catholic background? I don't believe in hell perse but I fully agree with your sentiment. Atheism is the absence of rationality and the idolatry of the physical world, all it can cause is suffering. A bad religious person and an atheist are inevitably the same thing.

However if you're going through an agnostic (uncertainty of yourself) phase, try seeking experiences and try meditating more.

This depends on what you mean by "religion" but you sound as though you are trying to lift weights off your shoulders. I don't get the sense that you are atheist or irreligious, just stressing yourself out. We all need to stress ourselves out occasionally, it gives us time to rethink things and change our approaches to better understand ourselves. I don't think you're doubting God inasmuch as you are doubting yourself. Give it time Popeadope, you'll be fine.
Thanks, I'm not as Catholic in the sense that I didn't believe in hell for quite some time.

I just said atheism is hell because it is a feeling of separation from God. In my opinion, separation from God is hell!

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
Thanks, I'm not as Catholic in the sense that I didn't believe in hell for quite some time.

I just said atheism is hell because it is a feeling of separation from God. In my opinion, separation from God is hell!

Yes, as I mentioned, I agree with your sentiment. This is what I think as well. You'll find a way out of your current state of mind, I don't doubt you!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I don't believe in God or any such spirit being can be contacted by me or has any interest in my life.

It is a miserable hopless place to be and I've been there before. I cannot experience happiness in this agnostic or Deist frame.

Everything has become un interesting and the women I desire are out of my league and would require too much work and change for me to ever get close to.

I cannot figure out what else there is to live for. The days where prayer brought euphoria and I could taste heaven were so happy. My sins or something cut me off from that, and life has become bitter and empty.

I'm telling you, having faith is a much happier place to be. This atheism is hell and a feeling of total separation from God.

Not a damn thing brings me joy anymore. I walk to beautiful places to pray and my prayers are like daggers returning to stab me.

I simply cannot do it.

You don't need a faith in God, to have a faith in something bigger and more powerful then the self. And scientifically, that appears to be enough.

sooda

Veteran Member

I simply cannot do it.

Why don't you try getting up in the morning, eating breakfast and getting yourself ready for the day... Say a brief prayer and then get out and do something?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why don't you try getting up in the morning, eating breakfast and getting yourself ready for the day... Say a brief prayer and then get out and do something?
Tried it many times. I've simply lost motivation for it. It simply has no meaning anymore.

I'm not saying my opinion is good here but that is what it is.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

I simply cannot do it.

Don't give up just yet - some of us enjoy your weird & wonderful posts so that should please you!

Things can always change - in fact the ONLY constant in the universe is change ...

Hopfully you will enjoy a couple of videos I just found now in my cybersurfing -

4 Books That Will Teach You a New Paradigm of Happiness

All the best!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I simply cannot do it.

You want to be happy? Start laughing.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

I simply cannot do it.
Take a walk in the park...enjoy the designs of nature: the birds chirping, and the squirrels playing! It helps me!

74x12

I simply cannot do it.
God cares and helps people out in various ways to show His love. He does it so people will repent.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It's a very tricky subject. Questioning or a change of beliefs initially often leads to cognitive dissonance and a feeling of darkness..... but it occasionally sometimes leads to long-run happiness.

Just my experience.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I simply cannot do it.
Theism is overrated anyways .

Stay in the chill zone. Relax. Take your shoes off.

MonkeyFire

Don't give up, that's why we have faith at all. You might even get tormented, but as long as you have an eternity everafter, time heals all wounds.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

I simply cannot do it.

You just need somebody to love that isn't you.