• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying to decide on a profile pic.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I am rather the opposite.
I dislike it when people change their avatar. I am a visual person, and an avatar is like a face. Although I wouldn't ever use a real portrait.

And I don't bother with everybody's posts. Lots of RF posters are a waste of time. I tend to scroll through, stopping to read mainly when I see an avatar I associate with worthwhile posting. If somebody changes their avatar I am likely to skip over their posts for awhile.
Tom
I don't usually change my profile pic. I just get tired of a profile pic after a few months or so and might change it for that reason.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I dislike it when people change their avatar. I am a visual person, and an avatar is like a face. Although I wouldn't ever use a real portrait.

And I don't bother with everybody's posts. Lots of RF posters are a waste of time. I tend to scroll through, stopping to read mainly when I see an avatar I associate with worthwhile posting. If somebody changes their avatar I am likely to skip over their posts for awhile.
Tom

Shrugs. Switch

Tom

I can see that. I'm not too fan of self-portraits myself. Though, it depends on the OP wants.

Jumi

Basically it's a repetitive motion and also called stereotypy. I could get into more detail but read the link first if you haven't already. Then if you still don't understand it I'll explain it better.
I understand now, knowing a bit about autism I knew about the rocking movements and stereotypies and so on but not the word stimming. Because English is not my native language I was thinking about something completely different. :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I understand now, knowing a bit about autism I knew about the rocking movements and stereotypies and so on but not the word stimming. Because English is not my native language I was thinking about something completely different. :)
You are good.Most native English speakers don't know the word stimming. Not unless they do research on autism or know someone who is autistic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't usually change my profile pic. I just get tired of a profile pic after a few months or so and might change it for that reason.
One suggestion....
th