• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying to decide on a profile pic.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Ok so I was taking pictures of me stimming (link embedded) because of a project I was working on in regards to my autism and a friend of mine looked over my shoulder at what I was doing and said that I should use one of those pictures as a profile picture on here(I told them I was trying to come up with a new profile pic before I decided on my dog.) because I actually looked happy in it and I've thought about it...I like the idea but I don't want people to see it and think that it's the only important thing about me. Or immediately think less of me. I would like to use it because I'm proud of my autism and I love how happy I usually feel when I stim.Here is the picture that my friend thinks looks the best:
d3b238593485322761fbb49740815289-full.jpg

I actually like this one better through:

057f27eb6512acedd1bb6caa09b2afb7-full.jpg

So should I change my profile pic to me stimming?What do you think?

Last edited:

VoidCat

You choose whatever you think best represents you at this moment :)

Also, I love stimming. I rock from side to side :D
I rock as well through not usually side to side. I rock back and forth. I love twirling that's my favorite stim. I can't decide what best represents me that's why I'm having trouble deciding on a profile pic

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I rock as well through not usually side to side. I rock back and forth. I love twirling that's my favorite stim. I can't decide what best represents me that's why I'm having trouble deciding on a profile pic
I actually really like your current one.

VoidCat

The problem with using a picture of me stimming is that my hands are moving a lot so it's hard to get a picture that doesn't makes my hands look weird or not there at all.

VoidCat

I too like the picture of the dog, good boy (or girl)! What is stimming?
Rissa is a good girl.If you hover over the word you will see it's a link explaining it in detail.I'll edit the post to make that more obvious. Basically it's a repetitive motion and also called stereotypy. I could get into more detail but read the link first if you haven't already. Then if you still don't understand it I'll explain it better.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Ok so I was taking pictures of me stimming (link embedded) because of a project I was working on in regards to my autism and a friend of mine looked over my shoulder at what I was doing and said that I should use one of those pictures as a profile picture on here(I told them I was trying to come up with a new profile pic before I decided on my dog.) because I actually looked happy in it and I've thought about it...I like the idea but I don't want people to see it and think that it's the only important thing about me. Or immediately think less of me. I would like to use it because I'm proud of my autism and I love how happy I usually feel when I stim.Here is the picture that my friend thinks looks the best:
d3b238593485322761fbb49740815289-full.jpg

I actually like this one better through:

057f27eb6512acedd1bb6caa09b2afb7-full.jpg

So should I change my profile pic to me stimming?What do you think?

They are both good. The first one gives a "woosh" look like you're doing magic since it's blurred. The second one you posted looks good for any profile.

As for if you "should". I think it's more, want. I chose a different avatar probably once a week. I can't stay one tracked very long. So, you can always change it when you want.

VoidCat

They are both good. The first one gives a "woosh" look like you're doing magic since it's blurred. The second one you posted looks good for any profile.

As for if you "should". I think it's more, want. I chose a different avatar probably once a week. I can't stay one tracked very long. So, you can always change it when you want.
ooo I like the idea of the picture looking like I'm doing magic...That's it I've decided.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The problem with using a picture of me stimming is that my hands are moving a lot so it's hard to get a picture that doesn't makes my hands look weird or not there at all.

Are you holding the camera at the same time? I rock because of seizures, so sometimes I hold on to something and prop my phone camera. I have a laptop (if you have one?) which is much stable.

In a profile, usually your face mostly shows. It may not catch your hands if you're thinking about the first picture.

VoidCat

For the reason you have stated and because I just found out some disturbing info that people are using bleach to try and cure people's autism I am going to change it to me stimming

VoidCat

Are you holding the camera at the same time? I rock because of seizures, so sometimes I hold on to something and prop my phone camera. I have a laptop (if you have one?) which is much stable.

In a profile, usually your face mostly shows. It may not catch your hands if you're thinking about the first picture.
No it's my laptop camera sitting on my lap.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No it's my laptop camera sitting on my lap.

To tell you honestly, I didn't know what stimming was until I looked it up. I used to stim when my seizures were worse. Now they are in a different part of my brain. Not as big anymore. Anyway. Maybe prop the laptop on a chair. On the laps would definitely make the picture blurred. But you can play with creativity bit.

VoidCat

To tell you honestly, I didn't know what stimming was until I looked it up. I used to stim when my seizures were worse. Now they are in a different part of my brain. Not as big anymore. Anyway. Maybe prop the laptop on a chair. On the laps would definitely make the picture blurred. But you can play with creativity bit.
Thank you for the advice I appreciate it!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I am rather the opposite.
I dislike it when people change their avatar. I am a visual person, and an avatar is like a face. Although I wouldn't ever use a real portrait.

And I don't bother with everybody's posts. Lots of RF posters are a waste of time. I tend to scroll through, stopping to read mainly when I see an avatar I associate with worthwhile posting. If somebody changes their avatar I am likely to skip over their posts for awhile.
Tom