• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying something different...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In this journal thread, I don't talk my usual subjects of religion, spirituality, politics, and transgenderism. I'll see how long not talking those 4 subjects lasts me. Okay, so...

Ever since a kid, I've been complimented on the look of my hands. I don't think they're that great. Sometimes near the knuckles they even grow hair. Playing the Nintendo 64 gives them blisters. That plastic thumbstick against those hard Zelda bosses including the Skull Kid.

And I realize this thread may be pretty hands-on, but I'll try not to let things get out of hand. :hand:
There was another subject I wanted to talk about, but I can't put my finger on what it was. Oh yes...

Zelda: Ocarina of Time was an amazing game for me. As a kid, I found it scary, but rather interactive and thrilling.

A family member of mine isn't very good at RPGs or action/adventure games. When we got Zelda Majora's Mask, I knew he'd never make it through the first of the game, so I coached him on what to do. He got mad and said I spoiled the fun. After that, I kind of stopped giving video game tips in real life. Even though he never would have made it with that time limit, and would have cursed the game anyway.

Speaking of weird accusations, one time I was asked to go fishing as a kid. I turned it down to play Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The people who went fishing, came back with fish to fry - two little bitty fish. They spent all day fishing to get that. The fish were fried and everyone got a piece. I was the only person to reach for a second piece. The fish was delicious, but there was hardly anything there. Then I heard one of my prized fishermen say: "He (speaking about me) chose to stay home and not help us fish - then he dived in and ate all the fish!"

So yeah. I'll be fair, maybe there is an element of truth.... maybe I would rather sit on my bottom than handle slimy worms and bait hooks.

In the words of some Nickelodeon girl I used to watch.... "What-evahhhh!" :p :nailpolish:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
As a kid, there was a dog I really wanted, but I didn't get. I do like this particular breed of dogs though. Pekinese poodle. What I like about them so much is that not only do they often seem smart, but they are less expensive than some other types of dogs. I remember when I saw the Pekinese poodle I wanted at the pet store as a kid... he had these furry, padded paws, it seemed, and his look said "Take me home!"

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
As a kid, there was a dog I really wanted, but I didn't get. I do like this particular breed of dogs though. Pekinese poodle. What I like about them so much is that not only do they often seem smart, but they are less expensive than some other types of dogs. I remember when I saw the Pekinese poodle I wanted at the pet store as a kid... he had these furry, padded paws, it seemed, and his look said "Take me home!"

Maybe someday?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been thinking more about things lately, kind of trying to look at things from the outside in. I feel that I've made a few foes on RF. I really didn't mean to, although I can see how a dysphoric me isn't the easiest to get along with. So yeah, sometimes it's hard when you really stop and think about things. I don't plan on leaving, though. Leaving creates too much stress on myself and others, especially when I have the free time so as not to make up excuses - I mean, I'm not working right now, so I might as well post.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't really do it any more, but for awhile, I listened to Pink's music. I got a good chuckle when I told someone online, and they said, "Oh, so you like generic pop?"

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I know I said I wouldn't speak about transgenderism, but let's just say, I'm kind of having a hard time of it today. I go to a few different social circles and I do post my pics, and people often judge you based on looks - whether they want to talk to you or not, etc. I had a few people tell me I was attractive as a cis male - it made me feel confident. Currently, I just feel like an ugly woman. I haven't gotten that feminine glow about me yet, and also, my skin is flaky, pale and terrible due to me slowly recovering from a cold. Like I said, I just feel...... ugly. Granted, there are people on this one site I go to, where some of the guys kind of have a fetish for newly transitioning male-to-females, and while they would be nice to me, it's just not the kind of people I want to be around right now or interact with, either.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I know I said I wouldn't speak about transgenderism, but let's just say, I'm kind of having a hard time of it today. I go to a few different social circles and I do post my pics, and people often judge you based on looks - whether they want to talk to you or not, etc. I had a few people tell me I was attractive as a cis male - it made me feel confident. Currently, I just feel like an ugly woman. I haven't gotten that feminine glow about me yet, and also, my skin is flaky, pale and terrible due to me slowly recovering from a cold. Like I said, I just feel...... ugly. Granted, there are people on this one site I go to, where some of the guys kind of have a fetish for newly transitioning male-to-females, and while they would be nice to me, it's just not the kind of people I want to be around right now or interact with, either.

Grrl, I know that people can say things like "don't feel that way" all day and it literally would never make any difference. So let me just remind you that your skin's having problems because of a temporary issue. Maybe make a day when you feel better and you get your glow back to give yourself a glow-up for literally no other reason than to feel good about yourself. Maybe that will feel nice.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Cool. I'll probably try Zelda Skyward Sword Switch tomorrow. I got it today. I'm hoping the graphics are really good with improved textures.

My roommates just got this! I've been debating playing it. I started the other day but it was telling me about using the controllers separately from the grip attachment, and I don't know where they keep the things that slide on with the straps and the shoulder buttons. (I do now).

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Grrl, I know that people can say things like "don't feel that way" all day and it literally would never make any difference. So let me just remind you that your skin's having problems because of a temporary issue. Maybe make a day when you feel better and you get your glow back to give yourself a glow-up for literally no other reason than to feel good about yourself. Maybe that will feel nice.

Thanks. You're right. Sometimes my mind just thinks I should look pretty, and it feels dysphoric when that doesn't really turn out that way. If you want an idea of the feeling, picture that you started a new religion that required one to be celibate, and (insert name of pretty actress) was right next to you. Something kind of like that as far as the brain goes.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
My roommates just got this! I've been debating playing it. I started the other day but it was telling me about using the controllers separately from the grip attachment, and I don't know where they keep the things that slide on with the straps and the shoulder buttons. (I do now).

I completed Zelda Breath of the Wild. It was worth it but it took me forever to beat the final boss. Then I realized that all I really needed, was the right recipes in the game.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I feel I'm having a better day today. I still have a cough in regards to my cold, but I breathed some hot steam from about 12 inches away, which opened up my sinuses a bit. Also had some hot apple cider.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You're up pretty late.

I hope whatever's bothering you resolves quickly.

I get a little moody when I get tired. I got a short nap in tonight after I posted. Will probably go back to bed pretty soon.

So while my being up late isn't really abnormal, I just needed to vent. Kind of about me feeling cranky.