• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
That's being faithful to God, isn't it?
Watering down God's word, in order to tickle itching ears is being unfaithful.
Not loving your brother (not that I am accusing you of this) and rejecting them because their views annoy you, that is unfaithful. You can't turn a single hair white or black. What makes you think you can change a mind? A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

I realize that scripture is often used to claim that no one can say they have the truth, and others do not, but it's clear to many, from Jesus' next words, that persons are misapplying the text.

(Matthew 7:6) 6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.

Dogs? Well, who are those, and should you not identify them if you are to avoid being trampled on.
What about his following words, from verses 13-23?

Well if I can't identify a rotten tree by its fruit, how can I be on the watch for false prophets?
Character. Character is the fruit of the spirit, not promises and words.
How can I go in a narrow gate, if I can't tell the difference between that and the broad one, which many find themselves on?
Humility is the narrow gate, however you don't have to agree with me on that to be Jesus disciple. You only have to love me and all the rest of his disciples.

How can I avoid the wolves, if I can't even tell the difference between those in sheep covering, and the sheep... and avoid them?
The wolves arise from within. Paul says it. They look like angels of light. You can't tell them from sheep easily, and that's part of the problem. Their character is not good though. I guess if we extend the analogy they kind of smell like sheep and look like sheep unless you get up close, so perhaps the key is to know someone personally and knowing their character. Obviously you can I cannot do this very good. We can't know each other, but on the other hand I am not an insider and neither are you. We're strangers.

Seems to me, if I am in such a state of ignorance, I'm a goner. :(
I can't then expect Jesus' words in verses 21-23, not to apply to me.
Would you agree?
Ignorance is not such a deal breaker. I would argue from canon that it is not, and I have done so before in this forum. "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" seems applicable. Forgiveness and love are enough to make up for ignorance and then some. If your parents grow old and senile do you stop loving them? When a baby has a tantrum, do you throw it away? Of course you don't. You endure.

I am not saying that I am great at such endurance. It certainly is a divine property and requires a lot of character.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Are you saying parents should not teach their children the holy writings, which is the common understanding among followers of Christ?
Were the relatives of Timothy wrong, in your view?
(2 Timothy 3:14-15) 14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from whom you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

You said it's against scripture. Do you have a scripture? Can you quote it please.
Timothy is Jewish, and the scriptures do make him wise. "Blessed is the man who walketh not in the council of the ungodly nor standeth in the way of sinners nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful, but his delight is in the law of the LORD and in his law doth he meditate day and night...." (Psalm 1) This is true, and I think about this law day and night myself. I'm not great though, and I am not like Timothy. I think sometimes I do stand in the way of sinners and sometimes am scornful. I'm lonely and weak. I'm imperfect, but is that any reason to cast me away like some insect? No, I don't think so; but is there is no room for me at Christ's table since I am imperfect? Am I to be eliminated as a contagion? I think its like Paul says: that the flesh and the mind war against each other.

We often use that word "we" loosely, and as applying to us.
I have wondered why we are always one of those Jesus and his apostles said something to?
Have you noticed it too?

We are never on the other side.
Is that because we have decided by our own laws, principles, teachings, that we qualify... rather than allowing God's word - the Bible to be the qualifying marker?

Isn't Paul addressing the Christian congregation, in the first century.
That's not the ones we know today.
Paul said that division would exist among these.
2 Thessalonians 2:6-12; Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30; 1 Corinthians 11:18-19; 1 John 2:18

The question I think is fitting, is, does the Christian congregation exist today?
I think the pattern of the first century Christians is evident today, but not in the thousand of Christian 'denominations'.

What do you see?
I think the trouble is that in order to gather in Jesus name one cannot do it for our own honor, so we cannot exclude others. Paul says in 1 Corinthians that this is "Worldly" behavior: that we are behaving as mere humans rather than divinely. Paul and Apollos don't always agree, but Paul allows that Apollos might water the seed that Paul has planted. Only God can give a harvest. We have to let go of control, and we do this by accepting one another in spite of doctrinal disagreement.

[1Co 3:6 NIV] 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.

According to the scriptures, love follows truth.

(2 Peter 1:5-8) 5 For this very reason, put forth all earnest effort to supply to your faith virtue, to your virtue knowledge, 6 to your knowledge self-control, to your self-control endurance, to your endurance godly devotion, 7 to your godly devotion brotherly affection, to your brotherly affection love. 8 For if these things exist in you and overflow, they will prevent you from being either inactive or unfruitful regarding the accurate knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Its a great quote, but I think you know that its not a pyramid. You add to all of these things as you grow and improve. Each adds to the other as you grow and become stronger. You seem to be suggesting that the more truth you have the more love you will have, yet you know this is not the case. We should not require truth tests of brothers before we can fellowship. Leave that for the Masons and the Pythagoreans. In Christ: Love is greatest of all. Love covers a multitude of faults, and love never fails. When someone is willing to fellowship, to forgive and to make peace that is when they should be welcomed immediately with no truth tests or prerequisites or postrequisites. I know it sounds hard, but its what the canon says to do.

So are you saying that John 8:31-32 is saying, “If you remain in my Logos (love), you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”?

Logos is Greek for word, not love... Unless you have a referrence I have not seen.
In that case, i would be interested in seeing that reference.

You don't think Jesus is saying here, they make the love of God invalid, do you?
(Mark 7:13) 13 Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”
My initial understanding of this changed more than once over the years. I understand (currently) that 'Logos' is the Greek term for the form given to chaos. It is coined by a philosopher names Heraclitus long before the writing of the gospels but has been put into use by John. John in describing the new creation demotes the previous creation to chaos. He has the Levite teaching system of the temple and the formal teaching traditions like the pharisaic and sadducee methods as chaos which are to be given form by a logos. In this creation the greater person can be baptized by a lesser, because the holy spirit does not flow from the greater person to the student. Rather, it comes directly from heaven. It does not go from teacher to student. John who is not a great as Jesus baptizes Jesus, but this would make no sense in the previous order of things.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a baby born man says I was born from my human mother life body...not by sex when it was sex. He was. But he was misquoting advice as science man's position.

As a Grown baby man a human adult. Suddenly his cell blood body healthy life had changed. He gained stigmata. So he looked back making the claims why his life cell changed.

It wasn't the cause of human sex. Is what he taught. He said heavens mass had changed. Exact teaching ignored.

Healer medical biological science advice.

So he states his thesis why human DNA had been removed sacrificed then about million years ago..now put back was of human biology. Old reasons pyramid technology. Calculated data was first.

Data written to argue against new rebuilt technology.

Said to Roman newly built temple pyramid model. As a man of the same DNA Judas genetic old Egyptian men the Jews who were assisting them.

As my brother's genetics is known it's why my mind is advised of all chosen man's wrongs.

Once all men babies were holy first in nature garden living healthy DNA. Told not to build science. As bared naked earth was proof the sun had not allowed biologies coverage.

Nature garden body first.

Pyramid sciences old moved mountains mass back to dust. Fell at the Feet of the mountain. Giant pyramid causes.

Face mount burnt scorched blackened was then covered in clouds veil obscuring face. Saved mountains fall. When UFO hit that melted gold. The false idol of man.

Philosophers stone converting earths cold metal seams. Underground inside pyramid.

Crystal atop received temple transmitters absorbed them on the pyramid peak pyramid. Using beamed technology within it then blew up.

As crystal mass was formed on earths face Fixed held non rotating. A cold earth planet mass not alight in space. With cold clear immaculate heavens. No light. Not moving.

Planets in space law were greater than sun star planetoid asteroid. Was first fixed. Position one in space laws.

Why they owned no suns history. Men knew.

So he taught why human baby man DNA healed in the saviour leaving atmosphere. Ice melt into holy water. Ice cold used to allow sun metal cross to cool lighten be voided by vacuum.

Ice was a law.
Flooding man's introduced caused law...life being saved by ice body.

No science allowed.

The saviour had evicted the suns metals attack above so man could live survive and heal.

Told exactly what was happening.

No man is God you aren't mass nor ice body. You aren't sea son. But notice how false ownership by theist man lied.

The event.

So in a non technology evolving cooling UFO removal. The star hits falls again. Life sacrificed by star is proven not owned in science 1900 Russia hit...1000 years before also.

Proof no man is a God or star.

Star mass earth gained pushed over UFO fallout itself.

Black holes equalled a planetoid star earth attack isn't any small mass.

Men think star mass to bio self now ignore a humans machine was involved in why its mass had returned.

As space laws froze it. O moon is the proof.

Man's earth science had changed space laws. He'd confessed he caused it.

So today man has all worlds populous gathered in a small human DNA parents community. Who migrated to his stone ark place. A crime A. His zOO. Owns all animals of the world on his stone ark land.

Says so in His mind. My stone ark has now boarded what I claim is life's survivors. I'm ok he falsely claims first by memories only.

I put my new machine reactor not in my country. Supersedes all other communicating machines using smaller transmitters.

My nations father indian says he's the cloud father owner.

False advice. We will survive he says.

It's why the nature aware American father said don't go into space it will mess with your mind.

And he was correct.

nPeace

Veteran Member
[Jhn 13:34-35 NIV] 34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
"All will know that you are my disciples..."
You have not said what is a disciple.
You have mentioned one way they can be identified as such.

There are other identifying marks or a disciple of Christ.
(John 8:31) . . .“If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples. . .
(John 15:8-9) . . .keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples. . .
If you observe my commandments...

A disciple of Christ, is a follower of Christ - one who obeys Christ's teachings, and follow's Christ's example.

We must know by the love for one another, which is a fruit of the spirit. If this is absent then there is no fruit, and so we cannot know.
Love is certainly important, but that leads to another question, since many people have a different, and sometimes, distorted view of this also. What is love?

Yes, prophets are moved more than most people and will protest sins that other people are not. This is why they are not liked.
Oh. you meant protester of sin... but if you say protesters, and leave it there, how would one know you did not mean protesters as we know them?

What I am not doing is deciding for others what God says to them. I am responsible for what God says to me if anything. I don't have to test your knowledge to know if you're a disciple of Jesus. That is: such a test does not work at all and is pointless and hurts the church.
If you claim that God says things to you, and God says them in your ear, when you lie down in your bed at night, you are on your own, with that.
If you claim that the Bible is God's word to you, then you cannot make that claim without demonstrating it, since millions use the Bible, and according to the Bible, you are obligated to show that you do live by what God says.
(1 Peter 3:15) But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.

Oh, we don't need to know anything not in the Bible? Scripture is inspired by God; but God is not imprisoned within scripture. God can inspire in other ways, such as through David's music which music is key to helping king Saul mentioned in the canonized book of Samuel. David plays, and it helps Saul. Despite this the scripture does not teach us how to play an instrument like David can. We can only learn that in other ways such as by practicing. Why didn't David just read scripture to king Saul? Because the scripture didn't have what Saul needed.
That's David.
Samson killed many an enemy with the jawbone of a donkey, and Elisha threw a stick in a river, and an axe head came to the surface, and floated. Jesus raised dead people.

You are not saying that we do these things, are you?
God used people in many ways, but that does not mean God must use these things with us.
God has told us how he chooses to communicate with persons.
(Hebrews 1:1-2)
1 Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. 2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.

The apostles of Jesus tells us the scriptures are indeed God's message to us - God's way of communication.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21
If we don't want to accept that, then we are offering nothing more than philosophies of men.

I am a fundamentalist, because the canonical scripture teaches me to expect the holy spirit to come from almost any direction. I don't limit it to only confined sources approved of by people who call themselves authorities on matters of God's divine wisdom or who decide for me what is scripture. Nevertheless it is the canon which I am discussing here. This is biblical debates. The truth from canon is that the holy spirit is not limited to the canon, nor to a particular teacher. This I see as the the initial point of Jesus speech to Nicodemus in John 3. If these things were not so we'd all be pharisees, and we'd expect God to share truth only through confirmed and carefully established sources. We'd be like them, always being careful to strain out the gnats, but that is not what Jesus teaches his apostles to be like.
Why would I want to water down or adulterate it? The suggestion is preposterous to me. I have been honest in this forum about my weaknesses. This isn't one of them.
From what scripture tell us, it is the disciples of Christ that Jesus leads by holy spirit, and they must be in line with, or in agreement with his teachings, in order to have holy spirit.
It's not everyone's 'gift'.

Actually, both Peter and Paul - ministers of the good news, mentioned the requirement for Jesus disciples to be a part of the Christian congregation, and be taught by those - men - Jesus has appointed.
Hebrews 13:17; 2 Corinthians 5:20; 1 Peter 5:1-5

Otherwise, the holy spirit has no part with us.

In 1 Corinthians Paul says God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. In the same letter he says he lays a foundation as a wise builder but then leaves the building to be finished by strangers! (How irresponsible!) He behaves unlike the 'Church of Christ', which sits on every egg to make sure it stays warm and hatches into just the right kind of bird. That is your church grouping, correct?
Which verse are you referring to?
Hard to answer your question when I don't know what you are talking about.

Its fair to ask, since you challenged me over my title and have challenged that I am the one watering down the word.
I don't mind you asking.
I have asked you questions based on what you are saying.
I don't recall saying anything about you, but if you do believe in watering down God's word, then I suppose what I was saying does apply to you.

I think it is you who won't listen and want to change what is being taught in canon. Because you are afraid to do what the canon says to do. You don't believe it will work.
What does the Canon say, which I disagree with?

You have painted me, but didn't David's brothers do the same to him? They thought David was arrogant, because he wanted to fight the giant. And maybe he was arrogant, but he killed the giant even so. It was foolish young David, not his wise brothers.
Now you are speaking in parables - which isn't a bad thing, but I still do not know what I have painted you with, and where I have not used scripture.

I'm not the one who gathers teachers to himself to have his ears tickled. "Sermons" hello? Why would I have any interest in teachers who tell me everything is fine? It isn't fine. Things are upside down and backwards.
That's good to hear.
Did I say you have acquired teachers to have your ears tickled? Where?
Or are you applying those scriptures to yourself? May I ask why?
If they do not apply to you, why are you applying them to yourself... to then say they don't apply to you?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Not loving your brother (not that I am accusing you of this) and rejecting them because their views annoy you, that is unfaithful. You can't turn a single hair white or black. What makes you think you can change a mind? A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
I agree with this. What makes you think I don't agree?

Character. Character is the fruit of the spirit, not promises and words.
Humility is the narrow gate, however you don't have to agree with me on that to be Jesus disciple. You only have to love me and all the rest of his disciples.
I do love all of Jesus' disciples... and all those who are not disciple.
Is there any reason you think I don't?

The wolves arise from within. Paul says it. They look like angels of light. You can't tell them from sheep easily, and that's part of the problem.
When you say "they look like angels of light", what do you mean... Their physical appearance?

Their character is not good though. I guess if we extend the analogy they kind of smell like sheep and look like sheep unless you get up close, so perhaps the key is to know someone personally and knowing their character. Obviously you can I cannot do this very good. We can't know each other, but on the other hand I am not an insider and neither are you. We're strangers.
So you think Jesus is talking about a person's character? Seriously?
Oh. That explains why you use that text about not judging.
I understand now, why people are mistaken, and why they misapply that text.

How could Jesus be talking about a person's character, when he is talking about spiritual things - that is, either doing God's will, or not?
It might help to read the whole of Matthew 7, and study those verses carefully.

Ignorance is not such a deal breaker. I would argue from canon that it is not, and I have done so before in this forum. "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" seems applicable. Forgiveness and love are enough to make up for ignorance and then some. If your parents grow old and senile do you stop loving them? When a baby has a tantrum, do you throw it away? Of course you don't. You endure.
Yes. We do not judge people based on their physical, and mental make up. That's not loving at all.
Do we stay away from harmful teachings and practices? Of course.

So, if your mother is teaching things that are harmful, you reprove her. That's love - love for her, your neighbor, and God.
You disagree?

All the while separating yourself from her "congregation", which will harm you, and others.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18; Revelation 18:4

I am not saying that I am great at such endurance. It certainly is a divine property and requires a lot of character.
Can be learned, and cultivated though, right?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Timothy is Jewish, and the scriptures do make him wise. "Blessed is the man who walketh not in the council of the ungodly nor standeth in the way of sinners nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful, but his delight is in the law of the LORD and in his law doth he meditate day and night...." (Psalm 1) This is true, and I think about this law day and night myself. I'm not great though, and I am not like Timothy. I think sometimes I do stand in the way of sinners and sometimes am scornful. I'm lonely and weak. I'm imperfect, but is that any reason to cast me away like some insect? No, I don't think so; but is there is no room for me at Christ's table since I am imperfect? Am I to be eliminated as a contagion? I think its like Paul says: that the flesh and the mind war against each other.
Cast you away like an insect? Lol
What do you think about this scripture?
(2 John 8-11) 8 Look out for yourselves, so that you do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that you may obtain a full reward. 9 Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

Whom does it apply to, and what how are Christians supposed to act toward them?

I think the trouble is that in order to gather in Jesus name one cannot do it for our own honor, so we cannot exclude others. Paul says in 1 Corinthians that this is "Worldly" behavior: that we are behaving as mere humans rather than divinely. Paul and Apollos don't always agree, but Paul allows that Apollos might water the seed that Paul has planted. Only God can give a harvest. We have to let go of control, and we do this by accepting one another in spite of doctrinal disagreement.

[1Co 3:6 NIV] 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.

Its a great quote, but I think you know that its not a pyramid. You add to all of these things as you grow and improve. Each adds to the other as you grow and become stronger. You seem to be suggesting that the more truth you have the more love you will have, yet you know this is not the case. We should not require truth tests of brothers before we can fellowship. Leave that for the Masons and the Pythagoreans. In Christ: Love is greatest of all. Love covers a multitude of faults, and love never fails. When someone is willing to fellowship, to forgive and to make peace that is when they should be welcomed immediately with no truth tests or prerequisites or postrequisites. I know it sounds hard, but its what the canon says to do.
I'll ask, rather than tell you. So that you see for yourself.

What is it that God makes grow? a) The seed. b) The soil. c) The plant. ...and what does it represent?
What is 1) the seed, 2) the soil, 3) the plant? See Luke 8:4-15; Matthew 13:1-23
Does all plants grow? Are there any plants not worth watering? See Matthew 13:24-43

My initial understanding of this changed more than once over the years. I understand (currently) that 'Logos' is the Greek term for the form given to chaos. It is coined by a philosopher names Heraclitus long before the writing of the gospels but has been put into use by John. John in describing the new creation demotes the previous creation to chaos. He has the Levite teaching system of the temple and the formal teaching traditions like the pharisaic and sadducee methods as chaos which are to be given form by a logos. In this creation the greater person can be baptized by a lesser, because the holy spirit does not flow from the greater person to the student. Rather, it comes directly from heaven. It does not go from teacher to student. John who is not a great as Jesus baptizes Jesus, but this would make no sense in the previous order of things.
That goes against 2 Timothy 3:16.
John either wrote under inspiration of God, or he stole Greek philosophy.
Are you in favor of the latter?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
"All will know that you are my disciples..."
You have not said what is a disciple.
You have mentioned one way they can be identified as such.

There are other identifying marks or a disciple of Christ.
(John 8:31) . . .“If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples. . .
(John 15:8-9) . . .keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples. . .
If you observe my commandments...

A disciple of Christ, is a follower of Christ - one who obeys Christ's teachings, and follow's Christ's example.
John's gospel which you have quoted, treats the 'Word' as love. He is the one who says "God is love." Therefore I have said what I think identifies a disciple, and it is love. I also think this is what John is claiming. What you seem to be suggesting is what makes a disciple of Jesus is a series of commands which Jesus disciples obey. From there you apply tests to people to see if they are welcome to enter based upon their knowledge of the commands and conditional obedience to those commands. This is a mistake. If it is like this we may as well just join a synagogue and be done with communion.
Love is certainly important, but that leads to another question, since many people have a different, and sometimes, distorted view of this also. What is love?
Everyone has his or her limits to what we can stand and who we can love. I admit this, but here is how you know love: when its hard to put up with someone but you do anyway that is when you know you are loving someone. When you need someone or when they are pleasing to you then it is unclear. Its when they stink or they are annoying or stupid or something like that, and you are trying to be their friend or support. That is agape. It is a very divine quality, not from the flesh. It takes brain power and effort.

Love hopes all things, believes all things and endures all things. 1 Corinthians is a good place to start reading about love; however one thing about love is you can't demonstrate it living by yourself alone in a cave. You have to deal with other creatures that test you. Putting up with other people is a sufficient test to find out how strong your love is and its quality.
In 1 Corinthians Paul says God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. In the same letter he says he lays a foundation as a wise builder but then leaves the building to be finished by strangers! (How irresponsible!) He behaves unlike the 'Church of Christ', which sits on every egg to make sure it stays warm and hatches into just the right kind of bird. That is your church grouping, correct?
Which verse are you referring to?
Hard to answer your question when I don't know what you are talking about.
Sorry. Here are references but my emphasis is on 1 Corinth 3:6 "...So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow..."
[1Co 1:27 NIV] 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
[1Co 3:4-7, 10 NIV] 4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere human beings? 5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe--as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. ... 10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.​

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
If you claim that God says things to you, and God says them in your ear, when you lie down in your bed at night, you are on your own, with that.
If you claim that the Bible is God's word to you, then you cannot make that claim without demonstrating it, since millions use the Bible, and according to the Bible, you are obligated to show that you do live by what God says.
(1 Peter 3:15) But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.

As an aside: how do you suggest demonstrating that the bible is God's word? Where are the tens of thousands of Christians who after attending sermons then go and share their lives with stupid poor people who probably will never be able to repay the act? They are almost nowhere to be found, but we can find many who pray over meals in restaurants and who are impressive at wielding scripture to make various points about sin. They have bibles and knowledge and talk about it. Jesus lives without a house, wandering about. He is as disreputable as a dog, even keeping disreputable women in his group yet people listen to his foolish message. He involves himself with disreputable people and is himself not visibly pious. Is this not the way to do things?

Jesus also hates it when there are public displays of piety, such as when people pray in public. Its very strange, because praying in public is a big deal. Its a part of my culture and of my past. We're expected to preach with our lives, and prayer is considered part of that. Our presidents and congressmen pray, and every day in Congress begins with a public prayer. We put "In God we trust" onto our money.
That's good to hear.
Did I say you have acquired teachers to have your ears tickled? Where?
Or are you applying those scriptures to yourself? May I ask why?
If they do not apply to you, why are you applying them to yourself... to then say they don't apply to you?
Here is the quote of what you said to me:
I translate that to, "Let's water down and adulterate the word."
Did I get it right?

It reminds me of scriptures such as...
Jeremiah 23:25-32; 1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3 - For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.
But to your question: "Or are you applying those scriptures to yourself? May I ask why?" Yes I also apply them to myself. All people want to hear particular things, and that is what is so dangerous about having weekly sermons. Hypnosis can be induced during a sermon by the way. As early as the 1850's the triggers of hypnosis were being learned: tiring the muscles, prolonged stillness, comforting words. The details are best read in hypnosis books. I am not saying every sermon is hypnosis, but I am saying that people would not sit still for lots of sermons that they didn't like. They go to get "Recharged." It has become idolatry, and we are all pretty much doomed if it continues.
When you say "they look like angels of light", what do you mean... Their physical appearance?
Jesus is known as a glutton and a drunkard because he eats and drinks though he isn't a glutton, and he isn't a drunkard. He spends time with them though. He lets people accuse him of things but is silent. He chooses disreputable men as his apostles. Not only are most of them terrible choices, but almost none of them get along easily. It must have been extremely trying to be one of the good ones and be lumped in with people like Judas. Who do you think is the disciple "That Jesus loved?" I think its Judas, because he is the one most difficult to get along with. Even if it is not him, its certainly not one of the more pleasant of his disciples. Jesus certainly did not come across as a pious man or what we today would think of as a pious person. He did not attract people to himself with charisma or quiet demeanor or a soft voice. He did not take the easy road or have pamphlets and a nursery for his sunday school classes. He didn't have fine brick buildings which assured people of his piousness. He physically attacked the pious traders in the temple courts.

What do you suppose it means to seem like an angel of light?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I agree with this. What makes you think I don't agree?
There are a number of groups that affiliate under the name 'Church of Christ' which are very exclusive based upon agreement about doctrines. These are not all the same, and I have not personally visited any of them except for one. If have only visited one, however the reputation is widely known. They share this exclusivity which is also very common for churches in USA. Its not only the ones called Church of Christ but a great many which are very exclusive and which insist upon common agreement about doctrines. This a common failure I think, however you may think its a feature. It comes from centuries of the same all the way back to people like Irenaeus. I think of it as a control or an attempt to control how people think. Exclusivity seems to be very common, and I don't hear you denying it but rather seem to be fostering it.

I do love all of Jesus' disciples... and all those who are not disciple.
Is there any reason you think I don't?
I don't know, but my own love is tentative. I've been in churches of many kinds, and I know that its common to mistake human feeling for agape. I think agape is usually very tiny in most people, but I've met people who seemed to have more than usual.

So you think Jesus is talking about a person's character? Seriously?
Oh. That explains why you use that text about not judging.
I understand now, why people are mistaken, and why they misapply that text.

How could Jesus be talking about a person's character, when he is talking about spiritual things - that is, either doing God's will, or not?
It might help to read the whole of Matthew 7, and study those verses carefully.
Ok, well that will take me some time. I don't think you should wait.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Human science is to think tell stories then thesis to get what I want for human only machines invention.

My god I already designed invented conjured is just the machine. Metal mass transmitters a machine.

Human inventor not a God.

I claim the spirit of energy mass is always a fixed held body. O planet or a sun O is a spirit creator as the gas is an inheritance Inheritor body.

In the type mother causer conception space empty space pressure the body type and also space owning nothing is extreme cold. No measure.

So I claim as a human man theist the father concept in created energy mass inherits a gas spirit as it's highest inheritance.

With coldest of law the mother womb type.

The most destructive of inheritance is mass as it's still burning in the same womb law. Not the Inheritor type as highest form.

As theoretical philosophy is also bible topics. Gathered from previous human Multi studied updating theorems constantly.

Man's behaviours.

Man said cloud mass I believe was once a pressurised ring in heavens around earth. That exploded into a separating cloud mass as a reaction.

Proving space pressure a law I cannot emulate as a science.

If O law wasn't first O...a line I lie about would mean I cannot theory by the discipled term. First I know I'm a science disciple so teach me. Secondly I knew the disc principle was heavens creator in spirit. Replenishing only by causes.

Suns attack upon immaculate non burning heavens. Law of a planet natural attacked by law broken a sun.

Once. So I taught space laws changed as origin law evolution by suns blast.

How pressure in space infinite emptying nothingness increased and forced the gas body to emerge. Therefore if I didn't want to be life sacrificed ever again I had to agree to laws.

As I need spirit gas body presence surrounding me above to pressure keep my life cell water active as bio held cell or I'll die. O image of God in my life a cell. Isn't any line.

Pretty basic law of science discussing change by Sion. A word Sion as I discuss Sion a discussion about God Sion and Fu Sion converting Sion conversion fis Sion.

Sun mass is lightened cooled as its still in a reaction reacting so consumes itself. Space pressures in womb explode it into a gas release as it re enters space from a cooling process.

I'm not to meddle with heavens law is what I understood. I called it holy..don't interfere. The balances so precise if I change anything above we don't and wont inherit gas mass above.

As the sun had changed origin natural law earths gas mass by its blasting. I was advised the converter was the sun.

It's still converting by law as star mass of sun still comes to earth. I taught it now had to be allowed to replenish put back gas mass above as I burnt it out by science causes.

As it's in a reacting reaction I cannot alter its natural reactive paths Or I will change the reaction condition. To put back.

My teaching no nuclear science promised is now ignored. Knew already to never change above.

Man tried to claim 12 discs....no such status it's one law one history one reaction it's not separated. Said the teaching. It's one law not 12 laws.

The teaching is what I tried to cause was time to separate as one fixed law light and above gases fell burning as flame combusting life and nature.

A teaching what man caused.

It's not a theory so dont do it again now by copy and forced reactive theory as a new machines. It wasn't caused for a machine.

As machine communicated as a cold machine to a cold machine always..

Man in modern science has theoried to cause it. The end.

As Jesus and the disciples wasn't any beginning.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Cast you away like an insect? Lol
Ew! Get it off of me! :) I like you right now, because you have made such thoughtful and careful replies. That is why I feel bad about writing such a long reply. I'm sure it must feel like chewing leather to read me. Sorry about that. I have always struggled to make things succinct and to not add in distractions.

What do you think about this scripture?
(2 John 8-11) 8 Look out for yourselves, so that you do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that you may obtain a full reward. 9 Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

I don't want to do this, but I'm going to point out 2John 1:3. It repeats the same words different ways and does this for grace then for love. It has grace mercy and peace grouped, and then it has truth and love grouped. I admit that as a human being truth and love often seem at odds, like twins that require balancing. It is an old Jewish conundrum, too; of how either to balance them or how to reconcile them. Do you stone people or refuse to stone them? John both in the gospel and in his letters puts forward love as the answer to this conundrum. I understand the (1:3) as an equivocation of truth and love but with love being the substance and the handle of both. Here is a Psalm that mentions how the psalmist longs for the reconciliation of love and truth:
[Psa 85:10-11 NIV] 10 Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. 11 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven.​
In God's perfection these two are not at odds, however in humanity they have been. It is not to be so in the new creation, in Christ. In Christ what was in heaven is to be made so on earth: truth and love together. John's gospel and letters seem to say that we must put love first, and this will reconcile the truth to it. Mercy and toleration will draw us to repent such that exclusions and truth tests and filters will become a thing of the past. As a human this sounds mad I know, but the NT authors expect divine choices not human choices. Only a madman takes a thief in to be a roomate, but a divine person might do so sanely for the purpose of winning the thief over. There are stories of Christians who have done this kind of thing. As a human I question their wisdom, but as someone familiar with scripture I can see why they have done so.

Love comes first and is the truth in John. In Paul it is the word made flesh in us, the church which is the body of Christ (Jesus being its first member).

When John mentions "Walking in the truth" this is a phrase also in James the letter of his brother. (**Editing follows**) James also mentions the light. John 1:7 uses the phrase "walk in the light." All are in the canon. What James points out about truth is that we are not the truth but that we receive it constantly, analogous to how a person walks in light. John uses the phrase walking in the light. (**Editing ends***) James also calls this something else: He calls it continually looking at the-perfect-law-which-gives-freedom. That perfect law which gives freedom is what John names as 'Love'.

To finish: this is what John 2:8-11 is talking about when it says to walk in the truth. It means going away from the old ways and just loving people. A lot of historical evidence also points to this such as the doing away of circumcision and allowing to eat previously unkosher foods. Lots of taboos were lifted for Christians. I realize that Paul was very strict about certain things, but love seems to be considered more important than knowledge by him. This represents a huge reversal of many previous Jewish positions. They would have thought that it was most important to work out the details of how to love people and to have plans in advance called protocols which we today call laws and which are based upon truths: therefore making truth the big brother of love whereas James and John have love as the big brother of truth.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
It refers to most Christians today who reject other Christians. Therefore it is confusing to tell you who to treat this way. Do we reject the LDS people since they claim to have the only correct church? The JW's? The Muslims? Yes pretty much everybody who wants to claim exclusivity. Its a tough row to hoe. I think the best thing to do, right now, since its such a rampant sin is to blatantly rebuke people who are exclusive in this way. We can't live on a postage stamp though, and even in groups that are heavily antichristian live people who are open to christ and to an inclusive communion. I guess at the time the verse is written its easier to distinguish the people who want to be exclusive, but today almost everyone is. To perfectly follow this rule I'd have to cut off my own family, but I don't have the strength to do so. Besides I don't think they understand what they are doing.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I'll ask, rather than tell you. So that you see for yourself.

What is it that God makes grow? a) The seed. b) The soil. c) The plant. ...and what does it represent?
What is 1) the seed, 2) the soil, 3) the plant? See Luke 8:4-15; Matthew 13:1-23
Does all plants grow? Are there any plants not worth watering? See Matthew 13:24-43
God makes the kingdom grow. Matthew 13:24 is the parable of the wheat and tares which is yet another reason not to exclude people on the basis of doctrinal differences.

That goes against 2 Timothy 3:16.
John either wrote under inspiration of God, or he stole Greek philosophy.
Are you in favor of the latter?
Let us leave this part of the discussion for another day. I think God's inspiration is for anyone who requests it: poets, writers, evil leaders, wise persons, children etc. Should I reject wisdom if it comes from the wrong place? Why must John be stealing if he uses Greek philosophy? Provided he and we excise anything that isn't good for food, what's the harm? A melon seed does not make you pregnant if you eat it. Its a good discussion but might be too big for this thread I think. Today we deal only with canon and what it says. The only reason for bringing up Heraclitus is that John uses his words, and this can help us who don't share the language and culture of John.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you ask a greedy lying man in any cult organisation all fake man's control history. As family is first.

Doesnt the heavens own any reaction itself as natural law. Same as the earth.

The only answer one word and one word meaning language is yes.

However he's aware of if I do a science machine reaction my awareness says I can and have triggered the reaction abnormally.

To either mass body.

In heavens it means remove a natural occurring reaction. By pressure balances laws. Imbalances occur.

To and by an abnormal cause.

So Japan's nuclear plant O on earth overheats in a disturbed reactive heavenly cause.

Men said UFO ark melted earths graven science thesis...philosophers stone. Gold thesis.

Power plant he says goes into melt down also. As his machine in attack.

Machine position is first one science.

Reactors.

As he said my transmitter science itself did no harm. By thesis machine mass to machines mass communications.

Is his exact mind owned told by man advice in his own mind.

It's reacting by changing more and new earth mass substance he said that removed natural past supported mass history of all things.

Pretty basic if you remove mass history our life support we die destroyed now.

As man theoried it increases earth base mass radiations the backdrop that supports biology. It's radiations.

As earths heavens backdrop as biology is factually grounds evaporating droplets of its water mass oxygenated. Owning healthy ground bio minerals and living cells.

Holy water.

So Theists by theory were putting all Inventive theories Into activity outcome causes their selves first.

As it's not there first.

So a man applying nuclear mass causes first has to remove mass now to predict a past accumulated radiation mass he causes. Calculated predicted. As mass future is here and now.

As all thesis he calculates predicts. Does not predict pre exist. So experiment after experiment eventually puts his prediction exact to where he claimed a reaction will occur. New machine status.

As it's man's owned prediction.
Men in our past said I caused the carpenter earthquake I named it carpenter to claim I knew I activated caused it.

Tectonic earths plates is tectonic.

A four day great seal breaking Sion caused...term losing grail. Losing gods earth mass body in space law eternal life.

Teaching said Christ's cup is not a container contained you cannot drink eternal life.

The carpenters cup the earth seal was broken. Carpentry is built. Carpentry is by wood. Earths ground mass isn't wood. Its roots are grounded as wood.

Nature only. The exact warning.

Man theoried against it existing.

Ice the saviour came all nature was gone only trees root still lived under the ground that emerged in ice melt.

The lying theist incorrectly theorising.

Earthquake. Carpenter tectonic.

As if he actively predicted for the occurrence first reaction from black mass as earths mountain actively arising himself.

Law of mountain shift.

As man said black mass volcano mass in space was earths history why it formed gases in space.

Then mountain volcano Inside heavens by law now only reproduces the Rock flesh and not any gas spirit. What mountain law put back was rock only.

Proving it's not a thesis and they told earths natural relativity history.

Man ignores today his own teaching. Eternal God earth reproduces rock only not any spirit gas. From mountain law black mass space earth pressures.

Old volcanic covering mass body was converted back historic into coloured dusts on earths body...sacrificed rock flesh.

Gods saviour rock body replaced returned flesh was attacked as the old seals.

From old plate opening. Last event is to eat gods body flesh in science ground attacks.

Is modern man's ignored science warnings.

What occurs when man false claims he's copying natural earth history when he isn't.

The great seal of earths mass was actually pondered by modern theists as a new removal.

Eli G

When Jehovah made the human being to live on the planet, he first created a body with physical organs. He then made those physical organs function and then gave him a consciousness supported on the function of those organs that he had already created before.

Humans became living beings (Gen. 2:7) from the functioning of the organs of their created body. If the brain, for example, breaks down, you can no longer be a fully functional person. There is no person separate from our physical body... our body is an essential part of the person we are. Resurrection is bringing to life a person whose body has been damaged to the point that they no longer feel or are aware of themselves.

This way of understanding our physical reality is fully supported by the Scriptures.

Eccl. 9:4 There is hope for whoever is among the living, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion. 5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.
7 Go, eat your food with rejoicing, and drink your wine with a cheerful heart, for already the true God has found pleasure in your works. 8 May your clothing always be white, and do not fail to put oil on your head. 9 Enjoy life with your beloved wife all the days of your futile life, which He has given you under the sun, all the days of your futility, for that is your lot in life and in your hard work at which you toil under the sun. 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, @Brickjectivity, I almost forgot I have to respond to you, but I have not forgotten. ;)
If I don't respond by February 1st, give me a reminder, please.
I do not criticize about this, because I often forget conversations here. In the first place the software does not help us much with it. I can't expect you to remember 30 ongoing threads.

nPeace

Veteran Member
John's gospel which you have quoted, treats the 'Word' as love. He is the one who says "God is love." Therefore I have said what I think identifies a disciple, and it is love. I also think this is what John is claiming. What you seem to be suggesting is what makes a disciple of Jesus is a series of commands which Jesus disciples obey. From there you apply tests to people to see if they are welcome to enter based upon their knowledge of the commands and conditional obedience to those commands. This is a mistake. If it is like this we may as well just join a synagogue and be done with communion.
If I quoted parts of the Bible to you, and then ignored parts you quoted, would you think I seriously believe, or trust the Bible?
What I quoted was not by suggestion. It's what Jesus said.
(John 14:15) If you love me, you will observe my commandments...
(John 15:10) If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love...
(James 1:22) However, become doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

Also, the Word is not God.
God is love. Not the Word.

Everyone has his or her limits to what we can stand and who we can love. I admit this, but here is how you know love: when its hard to put up with someone but you do anyway that is when you know you are loving someone. When you need someone or when they are pleasing to you then it is unclear. Its when they stink or they are annoying or stupid or something like that, and you are trying to be their friend or support. That is agape. It is a very divine quality, not from the flesh. It takes brain power and effort.
Agreed.

Love hopes all things, believes all things and endures all things. 1 Corinthians is a good place to start reading about love; however one thing about love is you can't demonstrate it living by yourself alone in a cave. You have to deal with other creatures that test you. Putting up with other people is a sufficient test to find out how strong your love is and its quality.
Love for others - your neighbors, yes.
What about love for God. How is that shown?

Sorry. Here are references but my emphasis is on 1 Corinth 3:6 "...So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow..."
[1Co 1:27 NIV] 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
[1Co 3:4-7, 10 NIV] 4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere human beings? 5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe--as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. ... 10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.​
Still not sure what you are asking.
Can you put the question more specific, and direct?

nPeace

Veteran Member
As an aside: how do you suggest demonstrating that the bible is God's word? Where are the tens of thousands of Christians who after attending sermons then go and share their lives with stupid poor people who probably will never be able to repay the act? They are almost nowhere to be found, but we can find many who pray over meals in restaurants and who are impressive at wielding scripture to make various points about sin. They have bibles and knowledge and talk about it. Jesus lives without a house, wandering about. He is as disreputable as a dog, even keeping disreputable women in his group yet people listen to his foolish message. He involves himself with disreputable people and is himself not visibly pious. Is this not the way to do things?

Jesus also hates it when there are public displays of piety, such as when people pray in public. Its very strange, because praying in public is a big deal. Its a part of my culture and of my past. We're expected to preach with our lives, and prayer is considered part of that. Our presidents and congressmen pray, and every day in Congress begins with a public prayer. We put "In God we trust" onto our money.
Just follow Jesus' examples, and teachings, and you can't go wrong.
What was Jesus main message, and how did he go about it?
It would be nice if you give scriptural references for your answer.

Here is the quote of what you said to me:

But to your question: "Or are you applying those scriptures to yourself? May I ask why?" Yes I also apply them to myself. All people want to hear particular things, and that is what is so dangerous about having weekly sermons. Hypnosis can be induced during a sermon by the way. As early as the 1850's the triggers of hypnosis were being learned: tiring the muscles, prolonged stillness, comforting words. The details are best read in hypnosis books. I am not saying every sermon is hypnosis, but I am saying that people would not sit still for lots of sermons that they didn't like. They go to get "Recharged." It has become idolatry, and we are all pretty much doomed if it continues.
Well you said... I'm saying that Christians generally in modern times are putting up barriers to people who would otherwise seek to be Jesus disciples. I say let everyone be in church without having to listen to long lectures about what to think and believe or take surveys or prove they believe things with talk and saying 'Yes'.

So, I'm sorry I misinterpreted your words.
What did you mean by "putting up barriers to people who would otherwise seek to be Jesus disciples"?
What did you mean by "let everyone be in church without having to listen to long lectures about what to think and believe"?
What did you mean by "take surveys or prove they believe things with talk and saying 'Yes'"?

Jesus is known as a glutton and a drunkard because he eats and drinks though he isn't a glutton, and he isn't a drunkard. He spends time with them though. He lets people accuse him of things but is silent. He chooses disreputable men as his apostles. Not only are most of them terrible choices, but almost none of them get along easily. It must have been extremely trying to be one of the good ones and be lumped in with people like Judas. Who do you think is the disciple "That Jesus loved?" I think its Judas, because he is the one most difficult to get along with. Even if it is not him, its certainly not one of the more pleasant of his disciples. Jesus certainly did not come across as a pious man or what we today would think of as a pious person. He did not attract people to himself with charisma or quiet demeanor or a soft voice. He did not take the easy road or have pamphlets and a nursery for his sunday school classes. He didn't have fine brick buildings which assured people of his piousness. He physically attacked the pious traders in the temple courts.
The disciple Jesus loved - John - was pleasant, but we can't suppose he was more pleasant. He had weaknesses.
All of them were a work in progress, with quite a lot of work.
You are correct. It would not have been easy for Jesus to put up with them. No doubt, he learned to be more patient.

The scriptures say of Jesus... Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. (Hebrews 5:8)

How do we know the disciple Jesus loved was John, and not Judas?
There is no need to guess, or rely on what we think, where the Bible is concerned.
We only need to let the scriptures do the talking - explaining, and interpreting for us.
That way, we would be accurate, and in line with scripture.

(John 13:23-26) 23 One of the disciples, the one whom Jesus loved, was reclining close to Jesus. 24 Therefore, Simon Peter nodded to this one and said to him: “Tell us whom he is talking about.” 25 So the latter leaned back on the chest of Jesus and said to him: “Lord, who is it?” 26Jesus answered: “It is the one to whom I will give the piece of bread that I dip.” So after dipping the bread, he took it and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.

John 19:26-27; John 20:2-8;
(John 21:20-24) 20Peter turned around and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, the one who at the evening meal had also leaned back on his chest and said: “Lord, who is the one betraying you?21 So when he caught sight of him, Peter said to Jesus: “Lord, what about this man?” 22 Jesus said to him: “If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you? You continue following me.” 23 So the saying went out among the brothers that this disciple would not die. However, Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but he said: “If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you?” 24This is the disciple who gives this witness about these things and who wrote these things, and we know that his witness is true.

What do you suppose it means to seem like an angel of light?
An angel of light or truth, or God's word, or God.
(Psalms 119:105) . . .Your word is a lamp to my foot, And a light for my path.

(Romans 2:19) . . .you are convinced that you are a guide of the blind, a light for those in darkness. . .

(2 Corinthians 4:6) For God is the one who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate them with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ.

(1 John 1:5-7) 5 . . .God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him. 6 If we make the statement, “We are having fellowship with him,” and yet we go on walking in the darkness, we are lying and are not practicing the truth. 7 However, if we are walking in the light as he himself is in the light. . .

nPeace

Veteran Member
There are a number of groups that affiliate under the name 'Church of Christ' which are very exclusive based upon agreement about doctrines. These are not all the same, and I have not personally visited any of them except for one. If have only visited one, however the reputation is widely known. They share this exclusivity which is also very common for churches in USA. Its not only the ones called Church of Christ but a great many which are very exclusive and which insist upon common agreement about doctrines. This a common failure I think, however you may think its a feature. It comes from centuries of the same all the way back to people like Irenaeus. I think of it as a control or an attempt to control how people think. Exclusivity seems to be very common, and I don't hear you denying it but rather seem to be fostering it.
I agree with, and teach the scriptures.
(1 Corinthians 1:10) Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.

(Romans 16:17-18) 17 Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them. 18 For men of that sort are slaves, not of our Lord Christ, but of their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattering speech they seduce the hearts of unsuspecting ones.

(1 Corinthians 14:33) For God is a God not of disorder but of peace.. . .

What about you?