• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
There can be only truth. Truth is absolute. So, different apposing truth can both be true. The truth is the truth whether you believe it or not. So what is the truth then? What makes the most sense what is the most reasonable conclusion. For me, it’s the Christian worldview.

danieldemol

Premium Member
There can be only truth. Truth is absolute. So, different apposing truth can both be true. The truth is the truth whether you believe it or not. So what is the truth then? What makes the most sense what is the most reasonable conclusion. For me, it’s the Christian worldview.
For me it’s the scientific worldview. In a world with competing mythologies science helps greatly to seperate that which is true from mere mythology.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

The older I get, the more I admit I don't know anything. I can't say "there is" a truth because that would make me in the very metaphorical sense "god." Since I'm not god, I can't quite make that statement that there is one truth-or any for that matter.

There is no truth.

Life is a mystery. We can live it and accept uncertainty or find meaning and definition to help with one's security. Truth? No. We can't put everyone in one boat.

Shadow Link

"It is an identity that rises above mere opinion and affirmatively corresponds to a reality that transcends itself." ~Glenn Fairman

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can't there be conflicting truths at different depths of complexity, or in different realities?

What is this Christian "worldview?" Is it a culture? a doctrine? a creed? What evidence is there that this worldview is objective truth? What competing worldviews have you considered, and what untruth did you find in them?

Christian 'worldviews' vary from place to place, and between different denominations, and the religion's varied tremendously through history. Which of these Christian worldviews do you find convincing? What fault do you find in the others?

Heyo

Veteran Member
There can be only truth. Truth is absolute.
Yep.
So, different apposing truth can both be true.
No.
The truth is the truth whether you believe it or not.
Yes.
So what is the truth then? What makes the most sense what is the most reasonable conclusion. For me, it’s the Christian worldview.
You confuse truth, which is a logical, binary value, with Truth™, a religious concept that assumes validity of revelation without any evidence or logic.
"Truth" is an example of believers appropriating a defined term, twisting it around and trying to confuse everyone.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Stating there is only One Truth then defining it is only in a Christian view, in itself has already limited an all embracing Truth.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You confuse truth, which is a logical, binary value, with Truth™, a religious concept that assumes validity of revelation without any evidence or logic.
"Truth" is an example of believers appropriating a defined term, twisting it around and trying to confuse everyone.
That is very nice, Heyo. Yes, I am a strong atheist, No chance that a God or many exist.

Heyo

Veteran Member
That is very nice, Heyo. Yes, I am a strong atheist, No chance that a God or many exist.
Well, there might be a god, only that nobody has an idea what a god might be. And that's why they have to declare their message as "Truth".

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Define "truth"

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, there might be a god, only that nobody has an idea what a god might be.
Sigma 5. 99.99% chance that there is none.

Edit: Sigma 5 is more than that.
"If experiments show results to a 5 sigma confidence level, that means if the results were due to chance and the experiment was repeated 3.5 million times then it would be expected to see the strength of conclusion in the result no more than once."
What does the 5 sigma mean?| Explore | physics.org
More like 99.99997% chance (1 in 3.5 million that no God or Allah exists)

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You start off with a mistaken assumption. There can be only truth? FALSE!!!