• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
According to Jesus' words at John 17:17 ' religious truth ' is found in the pages of Scripture.

actually truth and freedom are found through knowledge. notice there are two who live in the house together but only one remains. a mans body is his castle, home, temple. no one comes to the Father except through self because the Kingdom of God comes through self.

34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

sin is either ignorance or willful/premeditated intent

Ezekiel 45:20
You shall do the same on the seventh day of the month for anyone who has sinned through error or ignorance; so you shall make atonement for the temple.

or

here is a long list regarding sinning through ignorance

here is the Way to Truth through knowledge and freedom.

Luke 11:52
Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter yourselves, and you hindered those who were entering.”

know thyself as no thing to excess

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is...

220px-Answer_to_Life.png

Other than that, to find truth you need science, to find "Truth" (note the quotes and capital that differentiate it from reality) you could try whatever faith gives you the answers that shut your sensibilities.

science = knowledge requires an inquisitive/questioning/doubting mind.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In the person of Jesus Christ.

An extraordinary claim, not "I have some truth" but "I AM TRUTH." Wow!

the one who searches is the WAYfarer. Jesus doesn't come through self. Christ does.

"Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. God entrusted Jesus as a messenger and a son.

he who has more, more will be given. he who has not, even that will be taken away. be careful lest your's is taken away.

Last edited:

Tmac

Well, if someone else's 'your truth' disagrees with mine, then we find a test that distinguishes the two and perform that test (possibly showing us both to be wrong). If no such test is possible, even in theory, then we accept our ideas to be equivalent ways of looking at the truth.

If one is still searching for the truth, why pay any more attention to truths that might disagree with your truth than is absolutely necessary, I would think that the object of the search would be to find a more inclusive truth, to incorporate it and be incorporated by it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is indeed but only the real Christ can understand it and the truth is so simple that a child could understand it.

with love, it's possible.

Hebrews 8:11
And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.

and an angel falls from heaven in to love

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If one is still searching for the truth, why pay any more attention to truths that might disagree with your truth than is absolutely necessary, I would think that the object of the search would be to find a more inclusive truth, to incorporate it and be incorporated by it.

dionysian orgia

Last edited:

Tmac

the one who searches is the WAYfarer. Jesus doesn't come through self. Christ does.

"Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. God entrusted Jesus as a messenger and a son.

he who has more, more will be given. he who has not, even that will be taken away. be careful lest your's is taken away.

No disrespect to you my brother for your thought on why you brought this up, but that line always pissed me off. I mean if you (God) gave me life, unconditionally, better yet because love was the force behind it, how come we are having this moment?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I ignore your posts because you couldn't possibly be that ignorant so you must not be serious. I don't have time for that.

The Bible answers many questions that science cannot. Not will not, but cannot.

Tell truth please, you refuse to reply because you can't reply and you know you can't reply.

You are excellent at asking irrelevant questions based on ignorance (perhaps even deliberate ignorance). But turn tje question round and you run.

Also asking valid questions has the same effect.

No the bible does not answer any scientific questions, you simply interpret ignorance as the answer that best suits your sensibilities.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No disrespect to you my brother for your thought on why you brought this up, but that line always pissed me off. I mean if you (God) gave me life, unconditionally, better yet because love was the force behind it, how come we are having this moment?

love attracts; otherwise you would have remained indifferent and a seeker is attracted to the unknown, like a moth to a flame, like a flash of bio-luminescence in the depths of the ocean. familiarity breeds contempt.

DavidFirth

Tell truth please, you refuse to reply because you can't reply and you know you can't reply.

You are excellent at asking irrelevant questions based on ignorance (perhaps even deliberate ignorance). But turn tje question round and you run.

Also asking valid questions has the same effect.

No the bible does not answer any scientific questions, you simply interpret ignorance as the answer that best suits your sensibilities.

You said to find truth you need science, which is incorrect. To find truth you need to know someone who knows the truth. Science has no such person.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You said to find truth you need science, which is incorrect. To find truth you need to know someone who knows the truth. Science has no such person.

so to know the unequivocal, absolute truth you're implying that someone, a person would have to be omniscient.

jesus fails. jesus isn't omniscient

Matthew 24:36
[ No One Knows That Day and Hour ] “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

when the seeker knows the truth, or knows the Father, the Lord's Spirit within his/her own temple, then and only then is the person free.

jesus said this in John 8:32.

he doesn't say when you know me. he says when you practice what i teach, then you will know yourself, for yourself because it is intrinsic to christ because christ is all. it doesn't come from without saying here he is in the closet, or there he is in the outer fields. it's right here, right now. God is omnipresent in all as I AM that i am.

idolatry is forbidden throughout the NT and the OT.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm sorry but the only response I feel comfortable with is, huh? Too esoteric for me.

Sparagmos john 6:52, rev 19:18

dionysius dismembered, unmasked

the coming forth of light

the great cackler

monkey business

Last edited:

DavidFirth

so to know the unequivocal, absolute truth you're implying that someone, a person would have to be omniscient.

jesus fails. jesus isn't omniscient

Matthew 24:36
[ No One Knows That Day and Hour ] “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

when the seeker knows the truth, or knows the Father, the Lord's Spirit within his/her own temple, then and only then is the person free.

jesus said this in John 8:32.

he doesn't say when you know me. he says when you practice what i teach, then you will know yourself, for yourself because it is intrinsic to christ because christ is all. it doesn't come from without saying here he is in the closet, or there he is in the outer fields. it's right here, right now. God is omnipresent in all as I AM that i am.

idolatry is forbidden throughout the NT and the OT.

Opinion noted.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Science : the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

I.e. the quest for truth.

When referring to religious "Truth" will you please capitalise or enclose it in quotes (preferably both) so it is easily discernable from truth

Truth : the quality or state of being true.