• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Does anyone know where to find the truth?

I have heard it said that its all about the mind's eye. That in how we believe somehow skews how we perceive. Nothing really is as it seems; nor is it otherwise. Like science everything should be testable. If it can't be tested/proved, then it can never be right, or wrong. In theory, the only Absolute is that there are no absolutes,

or I AM is no thing exclusive, but everything inclusive.

“The Revelation of Sonmi 451 To be is to be perceived, and so to know thyself is only possible through the eyes of the other. The nature of our immortal lives is in the consequences of our words and deeds, that go on and are pushing themselves throughout all time. David Mitchell - Cloud Atlas

Last edited:

Shadow Link

Uh-Oh!
image.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is...

220px-Answer_to_Life.png

Other than that, to find truth you need science, to find "Truth" (note the quotes and capital that differentiate it from reality) you could try whatever faith gives you the answers that shut your sensibilities.

DavidFirth

the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is...

220px-Answer_to_Life.png

Other than that, to find truth you need science, to find "Truth" (note the quotes and capital that differentiate it from reality) you could try whatever faith gives you the answers that shut your sensibilities.

Science can never give absolute truth. If you don't believe that then how come I can ask you dozens of questions that science can never answer for you?

Tmac

Psychology, a science, can teach you who you are through the process of introspection. As to why you are here, biology.

Talk about a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, psychology, a science can not teach you who you are but they do supply models that might help you in your search to find yourself and then a meaning. They're not miracle workers.

allfoak

Alchemist
You do but you are afraid to look at it and more than that you are afraid to let anyone know that you know the truth.
I think it would be more appropriate to say that you are the one who is afraid.
Most of the things we say and do through out the day are for our own benefit and generally refer more to ourselves than the ones toward whom we direct our words and actions.
You should really be more careful with what you say to others.

Tmac

Not where, how.

Look around you. Make guesses concerning what is going on. Figure out how to test those guesses. If they cannot be tested, even in theory, throw them out. Then test your ideas, attempting to show they are *wrong* in as many ways as you can figure out.

Keep doing this for any and all your ideas. Eliminate the falsehoods and whatever remains, however strange, is the truth.

Bob Dylan sang, I'll let you be in my world if you let me be in yours. Actually what you arrive at with this method is "your truth" but how well does your truth blend with other "your truths".

Tmac

I think it would be more appropriate to say that you are the one who is afraid.
Most of the things we say and do through out the day are for our own benefit and generally refer more to ourselves than the ones toward whom we direct our words and actions.
You should really be more careful with what you say to others.

I think that if you were to read a psychology book of any merit you would find your words in the section marked Insecurity. Are you just reaffirming that you exist as you dance through life mostly by yourself?

Just to be clear, I choose my words carefully by the sound they make.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Science can never give absolute truth. If you don't believe that then how come I can ask you dozens of questions that science can never answer for you?

Please note that science doesn't bother asking questions about magic.

And i can ask thousands of questions religion is unable to answer, indeed i have asked you several and you seem to ignore the posts for some reason.

DavidFirth

Please note that science doesn't bother asking questions about magic.

And i can ask thousands of questions religion is unable to answer, indeed i have asked you several and you seem to ignore the posts for some reason.

I ignore your posts because you couldn't possibly be that ignorant so you must not be serious. I don't have time for that.

The Bible answers many questions that science cannot. Not will not, but cannot.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Bob Dylan sang, I'll let you be in my world if you let me be in yours. Actually what you arrive at with this method is "your truth" but how well does your truth blend with other "your truths".

Well, if someone else's 'your truth' disagrees with mine, then we find a test that distinguishes the two and perform that test (possibly showing us both to be wrong). If no such test is possible, even in theory, then we accept our ideas to be equivalent ways of looking at the truth.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Maybe because they have no answer? Questions that are ill-formed or that make false assumptions will not have answers.