• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth Lies and the In-between

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
What's true for you isn't necessarily true for me and vice versa... Some like anchovies some hate anchovies and find anchovies to be disgusting. So, truth lies and what about the in-between? What's in-between the truth and lies, or is it all truth and all lies or is it all rather all truth and all untruth and then what's in-between? I guess life is what's in-between. We live different lives and that's just the way it is.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
Let me say it like this: We're different so my life and truth is not the same as your life and truth and this is because we've lived different lives. Different experiences creates different mindsets and views of how life is and how life should be. Can there be any hope for reconciliation if I try to dictate what you need or if you try to dictate what's right for me?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What do you think of the studies that show a large portion of adult Americans these days cannot tell the difference between an opinion and a fact? For instance, they might say things like "what is true for you isn't necessarily true for me and vice versa". They might say things like that because they don't get the difference between an opinion and a fact. So, what do you make of the studies that show 30% to 40% of Americans these days cannot make consistently distinguish between opinion and fact?

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
What do you think of the studies that show a large portion of adult Americans these days cannot tell the difference between an opinion and a fact? For instance, they might say things like "what is true for you isn't necessarily true for me and vice versa". They might say things like that because they don't get the difference between an opinion and a fact. So, what do you make of the studies that show 30% to 40% of Americans these days cannot make consistently distinguish between opinion and fact?

That they have difficulty distinguishing between the two. Simple enough. I'm not sure what else to say. I mean, if you're looking for an opinion on why some are maybe all are sometimes like this I would assume it's because we're unaware of what is and what is not a fact. I myself I would guess am guilty also. What do you make of it?