• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You can twist the scriptures to make them say what you want them to, until God summons you to stand before Him to be judged.
I do not have to twist the scriptures, all I have to do is read them.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

It is the Christians who have to twist the scriptures in order to believe Jesus is coming back, but changing them PLAIN meaning will not get Jesus to come back.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
He promised to return as a Man of war to spill the blood of billions of men women and children, He will take over every government by killing all the kings and rulers of the world and set Himself up as the only ruler of the whole world. He will kill all unbelievers, and give the world to Christians to have and rule forever.
First, Jesus never promised to return.
Second, NONE of that is in the Bible, so it is a complete fantasy.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

It is the Christians who have to twist the scriptures in order to believe Jesus is coming back, but changing them PLAIN meaning will not get Jesus to come back.

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
(John 14:1-3)

Also, you are ignoring the Son of Man verses. If you link the Son of Man verses to refer to Jesus then he will return. You have to prove to Christians that Jesus isn't the Son of Man.

Then you are making as if the Christians only take Jesus words into account as if his word is all that matters. The majority of the NT does not consist of Jesus words but those of his followers, and they say that he will return.

Then you have Jesus words in Revelation in which he says he is coming.

What you seem to be pointing out is not Christians twisting scriptures, as there are scriptures that mention that Jesus will return, but you are disputing the context of John vs the context of the rest of the scriptures,

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
First, Jesus never promised to return.
Second, NONE of that is in the Bible, so it is a complete fantasy.
“Behold, I am coming soon” (Revelation 22:12)

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
(John 14:1-3)

Matthew 24:1-51 ESV / 187 helpful votes
Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?” And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. ...

Revelation 22:12 ESV / 181 helpful votes
“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done.

Revelation 3:11 ESV / 106 helpful votes
I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown.

verse where Jesus links himself to the son of man:

John 6:50-71 ESV / 118 helpful votes
This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.” The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. ...

Then read Matthew 24 in which Jesus talks about the Son of Man, himself, returning.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

" It is the Christians who have to twist the scriptures in order to believe Jesus is coming back"

Yet, the Bahaism people twist the scripture and tell people that Bahaullah was Christ in the Second Coming, but he fits to be Masih-ud-Dajjal or Dajjal- the Great Deceiver who is said to emerge from the Dasht of Khurasan , Iran. Right, please?

Regards

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No that's wrong, half the world knows that the election wasn't fair. Even the Chinese know this but they pretend they don't, the 99% of Russians believe it was stolen and anyone who observed the process would conclude that it doesn't make any sense.
Trump was winning in most of the disputed States, but the results changed overnight.

The results changed when the votes came in from mail-in votes. In many places, in-person votes were counted first and those weighed Republican.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The truth is not subjective to anyone's opinion, it independent and everyone will be judged according to what they did with the truth. Nobody gets to invent the truth, it has always existed unchanged. Theories come and go all the time but the truth remains rock solid and eternally unchanging

Exactly. And ignoring the evidence isn't the way to discover the truth.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
we don't even know what the ancient scientists knew, as most of their technology was destroyed by those who wanted to dumb down society. The rulers of this world always executed intelligent people, they just like the dummies who don't know anything.
Intelligent people have always been see as a threat to the rulers, so they just keep wiping them out in every age. Chairman Mau wiped out millions of intellectuals. His Conrad's did the same thing in Russia and other parts of the world.
They say the truth is always the first victim in any conflict, it's always been the same. that's why the world has lost 6000 years worth of technology

Actually, we have a very good idea of their level of technology, for the most part. They had certainly made some interesting observations, but certainly didn't understand the world nearly as well as we do now.

And, yes, the truth is the first casualty. That is why Trump relied so much on lies and 'alternative facts'. He lies as a matter of habit. And his followers follow those lies.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That's just outright wrong, technology has been increasing over the past 100 in comparison to the 19th century. But this technology is the result of the discovery of computers, so the scientists are getting dumber but the accumulation of computer data is increasing. Artificial Intelligence is the only thing increasing, but man has been getting dumber all the time.

Nope. Technology has been increasing pretty steadily for the last 1000 years. It has increased much faster in the last 300 with the development of science. You have ignored the effects of the steam engine, the internal combustion engine, the development of chemistry, the development of electrical technology.

Computers are simply the most recent of many technological advancements over the past 300 years.

One of our customers is highly decorated Haematologist, but he couldn't figure out a simple problem with his Mercedes Benz. He picked it up after we serviced it then rang half an hour later saying the car wouldn't start, I went to his house and found that our apprentice didn't tighten the battery terminal after he reconnected it.
The Doctor didn't have the intelligence to figure out that it must be the battery if there are no lights on the dash instrument when you try to start it.
50 years ago people had common sense, they were able to build and repair things. This generation is the dumbest in human history

The engines and machines were also more readily serviceable. They were far simpler (and, of course, less efficient). Now, most cars have multiple computer systems to regulate things. 50 years ago that wasn't the case.

What you are witnessing here is specialization, which is one of the risks of a more complex society, but has been happening to some extent since the development of civilization. Most people don't understand the majority of the tools they use every day. For example, most people would not know how to start to repair a smartphone.

Common sense has NEVER been common.

Actually, we have a very good idea of their level of technology, for the most part. They had certainly made some interesting observations, but certainly didn't understand the world nearly as well as we do now.

And, yes, the truth is the first casualty. That is why Trump relied so much on lies and 'alternative facts'. He lies as a matter of habit. And his followers follow those lies.
That was quite a leap, have you considered that Democrat and Republican politicians are corrupt, don’t want to get exposed so they lie and deceive the public, news media is also helping with the false narrative? Keep the citizens divided and fighting each other to keep the focus off of them.

What is required is some sort of evidence that distinguishes an existing God from having no existing Gods.
There’s a lot of evidence, I personally didn’t need the kind of evidence you need, everyone is different. I cried out to the Lord and He answered and delivered me, As I’ve previously said. Some who weren’t there decide to explain this away, some others are encouraged and seek Jesus too and find that He is alive and faithful to His Word.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
There’s a lot of evidence, I personally didn’t need the kind of evidence you need, everyone is different. I cried out to the Lord and He answered and delivered me, As I’ve previously said. Some who weren’t there decide to explain this away, some others are encouraged and seek Jesus too and find that He is alive and faithful to His Word.

First, how do you know it was actually a God that 'answered you' and not just your mind playing tricks on you?

Second, if the evidence is so prevalent, it should be easy to provide some.

What evidence distinguishes a universe with natural laws and no God from one that has a God?