• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Pilgrim Soldier

Citation needed. Your claim appears to be purely nonsensical.

By the way, fossils are practically never dated using radiometric dating. Do you know why?
LOL, even youtube hasn't removed this video debunking this crazy theory of radiometric dating. It's just a pathetic attempt at propping up their straw man

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I know God exists, I’ve proved that Jesus Christ died for my sins, rose from the dead. He offered me the gift of Eternal Life and I accepted. When I accepted He gave me His Holy Spirit as a guarantee of His promise. I was changed at that moment from death to life. When this happened everything became clear for me.
Where did you do this groundbreaking work?

You may have just told a whopper!

Now if you simply stated that you believed all of that there would be no problem. I am betting that you only believe.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LOL, even youtube hasn't removed this video debunking this crazy theory of radiometric dating. It's just a pathetic attempt at propping up their straw man
Videos are not evidence. And YouTube only removes harmful idiocy.

What evidence do you have for your claims?

EDIT: Edited to make clear that YouTube is the one only removes harmful idiocy.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have tons but science doesn't have a single piece of solid evidence that their method works. As I said, it keeps changing everyday. So yesterdays facts are today's lies and new facts are embraced. I can't lend my mind to such a self defeating system of self destruction
LOL! The screen that you are looking at just laughed at you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can't be bothered to find every single relevant article of the thousands posted. Don't tell me you've never looked outside of the box. I don't have the time to re educate you from scratch, you can ask Doctor google to show you the thousands of papers debunking the radiometric method
You claimed to know. Now you are admitting that you do not.

Now if you simply stated that you believed all of that there would be no problem. I am betting that you only believe.
No it happened to me and this has been my personal experience the last 30 years with God. My whole family and friends have witnessed my life.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

More creationist misrepresentation.

The first example was the application of potassium-argon dating to very young rocks, which is entirely inappropriate. This is specifically covered in the article I gave you before: Radiometric Dating

It also tells you how we know that these methods work and how they are checked. Why not read it, if you're not afraid of the truth? It's even written by a Christian.

Radiometric dating--the process of determining the age of rocks from the decay of their radioactive elements--has been in widespread use for over half a century. There are over forty such techniques, each using a different radioactive element or a different way of measuring them. It has become increasingly clear that these radiometric dating techniques agree with each other and as a whole, present a coherent picture in which the Earth was created a very long time ago. Further evidence comes from the complete agreement between radiometric dates and other dating methods such as counting tree rings or glacier ice core layers. Many Christians have been led to distrust radiometric dating and are completely unaware of the great number of laboratory measurements that have shown these methods to be consistent. Many are also unaware that Bible-believing Christians are among those actively involved in radiometric dating.
On the specific point:

Some young-Earth proponents recently reported that rocks were dated by the potassium-argon method to be a several million years old when they are really only a few years old. But the potassium-argon method, with its long half-life, was never intended to date rocks only 25 years old. These people have only succeeded in correctly showing that one can fool a single radiometric dating method when one uses it improperly. The false radiometric ages of several million years are due to parentless argon, as described here, and first reported in the literature some fifty years ago. Note that it would be extremely unlikely for another dating method to agree on these bogus ages. Getting agreement between more than one dating method is a recommended practice.

Last edited:

The Word of God (Bible)

This isn’t groundbreaking work but it has been miraculous for me and a lot of people and awesome that the Creator of the Universe would enter into a relationship and make Himself known to us.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No it happened to me and this has been my personal experience the last 30 years with God. My whole family and friends have witnessed my life.
Personal experience can easily be misinterpreted. As a result it can only be belief. Knowledge is demonstrable. If you can't show it, you don't know it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Word of God (Bible)

How is the Bible the "Word of God"? No one that makes this claim has ever been able to defend it properly. This too would be truly amazing if you could accomplish this.

This isn’t groundbreaking work but it has been miraculous for me and a lot of people and awesome that the Creator of the Universe would enter into a relationship and make Himself known to us.

Anecdotes are not reliable evidence either. And you would still need to demonstrate it.

How is the Bible the "Word of God"? No one that makes this claim has ever been able to defend it properly. This too would be truly amazing if you could accomplish this.

Anecdotes are not reliable evidence either. And you would still need to demonstrate it.

An anecdote is a silly, amusing story like something that happened at work or on a trip and much different than a person’s testimony. This forum isn’t for converting or proving anything to anyone. I have been living out in a practical way the principles found in the Bible or The Word of God where He makes certain promises to me if I do them. The last 30 years He has been faithful to His promises.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
More creationist misrepresentation.

The first example was the application of potassium-argon dating to very young rocks, which is entirely inappropriate. This is specifically covered in the article I gave you before: Radiometric Dating

It also tells you how we know that these methods work and how they are checked. Why not read it, if you're not afraid of the truth? It's even written by a Christian.

Radiometric dating--the process of determining the age of rocks from the decay of their radioactive elements--has been in widespread use for over half a century. There are over forty such techniques, each using a different radioactive element or a different way of measuring them. It has become increasingly clear that these radiometric dating techniques agree with each other and as a whole, present a coherent picture in which the Earth was created a very long time ago. Further evidence comes from the complete agreement between radiometric dates and other dating methods such as counting tree rings or glacier ice core layers. Many Christians have been led to distrust radiometric dating and are completely unaware of the great number of laboratory measurements that have shown these methods to be consistent. Many are also unaware that Bible-believing Christians are among those actively involved in radiometric dating.
On the specific point:

Some young-Earth proponents recently reported that rocks were dated by the potassium-argon method to be a several million years old when they are really only a few years old. But the potassium-argon method, with its long half-life, was never intended to date rocks only 25 years old. These people have only succeeded in correctly showing that one can fool a single radiometric dating method when one uses it improperly. The false radiometric ages of several million years are due to parentless argon, as described here, and first reported in the literature some fifty years ago. Note that it would be extremely unlikely for another dating method to agree on these bogus ages. Getting agreement between more than one dating method is a recommended practice.

I did not even bother to watch it at all until you posted this. I can tell from the rhetoric which lying source was used. This came from Ken Ham's organization where one has to swear not to use the scientific method to even work there. That alone makes it worthless. And in fact they lied before they even got that far. The made the false claim, and any geologist knows this, that the idea of millions of years relies on radiometric dating. This was a lie. Geologists knew that the Earth was at a minimum hundreds of millions of years old before the advent of radiometric dating. There are various ways to estimate the minimum times of depositions of many deposits. That leads to a minimal estimate. One very easy one to date is the Green River Formation. It is only one formation within the geologic column. A small fraction of it. People, and I mean anyone, can go there and count the individual annual layers. Now this is an exception because it is so easy to see annual layering. But it has about 6 million annual layers. Frankly I doubt if anyone counted all of them. They probably measured and counted several different areas and extrapolated. But if you have a few months and a good sharp pencil one is welcome to try.

Green River Formation - Wikipedia

Second the person that did the dating knew what he was doing wrong. Steve Austin has a PhD in geology. A real one. An undergrad that took a course in radiometric dating would immediately spot his error. With igneous rocks there are items know as xenocrystsand xenoliths.. Xenocrysts are crystals in the mix from an older rock. Xenoliths are actual pieces of rock ripped off by the flowing magma . The more violent the motion of the magma the more xenocrysts and xenoliths will be found. Just as in a fast flowing stream of water one will find more particles of clay, silt, and sand. With recent volcanic eruptions a few zxenocryst will throw off the age of any whole rock dating. In fact sometimes the age of the rock that the magma has flowed through has been dated by xenocrysts. At any rate this error is so gross that Steve Austin, he has lost the right to call himself "doctor" with his dishonesty, had to know of this. In other words he was lying with this weak attempt at dating.

Xenolith - Wikipedia

And there is no need to trust me, or other "atheists". Even other creationists have weighed in on how dishonest Austin was. For example:

Creation Science Rebuttals, Dacite Dating

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Let me encourage you to continue seeking, as it's obvious by your own admission that you haven't found the truth yet. I hope you find it soon, I would also suggest you learn from those who posses the truth and knowledge about reality, that way you'll be liberated from darkness and confusion.

Of course I keep on seeking. The truth is an all encompassing concept. Nobody will ever find that. But we will find truths along the way.

I am learning from those who possess knowledge about reality. I encourage you to do the same.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
An anecdote is a silly, amusing story like something that happened at work or on a trip and much different than a person’s testimony. This forum isn’t for converting or proving anything to anyone. I have been living out in a practical way the principles found in the Bible or The Word of God where He makes certain promises to me if I do them. The last 30 years He has been faithful to His promises.
Well good for you that Christianity has worked for you. That is still not reliable evidence for Christianity. The same claim can be made for almost any religion. At best it looks as if you are the victim of confirmation bias.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
There are sharp snake oil salesman, who are quite capable of convincing you that reality is an illusion. they have been known to sell sand in the Sahara desert, so I'm sure they'll have no trouble selling their theory to you.

The sobering fact is, those who don't already poses the truth can be fooled into believing anything

I have a standard which I hold all claims to. If they don't match that standard then I throw their ideas out the window, atheist and theist alike.

You should also be careful. Religion is the opium of the people.

Nobody possesses the truth. You are confusing that with critical thinking skills. Those who don't possess critical thinking skills are those who can be fooled into believing anything.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have a standard which I hold all claims to. If they don't match that standard then I throw their ideas out the window, atheist and theist alike.

You should also be careful. Religion is the opium of the people.

Nobody possesses the truth. You are confusing that with critical thinking skills. Those who don't possess critical thinking skills are those who can be fooled into believing anything.
But what if I have the Truth!!:(?

Seriously that is what you should do. I am not a "There is no God!" atheist. I am a "I have not seen adequate evidence of a god or of the need for one" atheist. Give me enough valid evidence and I will change my mind. It is hard to say how much it would take, but it is clearly more than none. Many theists when asked how much evidence would it take to change their mind will make the error of saying that no amount of evidence will do so. I don't know if you watched the Ken Ham-Bill Nye debate but you can see the moment that Ham lost the debate when he stated that no amount of evidence would change his mind and Nye said given adequate evidence he would change his mind. It immediately became clear who was debating rationally.

And of course evolution does not disprove God. It only disproves the "God" of the Young Earth and Old Earth Creationists. I always find it ironic when Christians have the gall to tell their God how he had to make the world.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Scientists are in a process of degeneration and devolution, and incase you don't know the English word "devolution" it means to degenerate or get dumber and decay.
We know that the ancient scientists were vastly superior to what we have today. They had much better flying machines and all of their technology was infinitely superior to today's. They gene manipulation technology down to a fine art, they were able to breed dinosaurs and giant human like creatures which stood 36 feet tall and they were built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
They built structures like the pyramids and many other structures which had single stones weighing 1,200 Tons each, which were transported thousands of miles from their mine suite. They were perfectly cut and assembled with perfect precision.
I don't want to get into this because I don't want to waste precious time explaining something which you have been taught not to believe. .

Wait. Do you believe in Christianity AND ancient aliens?

Well good for you that Christianity has worked for you. That is still not reliable evidence for Christianity. The same claim can be made for almost any religion. At best it looks as if you are the victim of confirmation bias.

I hadn’t heard of confirmation bias before so thanks for that, but after reading about that it doesn’t apply to my life at all. Have you considered that you may have fallen victim to that with science?