• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Pilgrim Soldier

When did I ever say that nothing exists? never shut my eyes either.

Your evidence for your god and religious beliefs is as valid to me as any other religious claims, even ones that contradict your beliefs, as applying your brand of reasoning to them would prove them all to be true if i held your method valid.

You just believe because of your emotions, not because of evidence.
.That's your opinion, but it's baseless to me. It all comes down to the foundation of a particular view or belief. If you base your beliefs on your own private opinion, then it's worth 1 in 7.5 billion opinions.
A wise man will look outside of himself and gain a world of wisdom

Pilgrim Soldier

I did not do so since I do not believe in a lying God. That is your belief. Perhaps you should ask yourself that question. You are claiming that God is a liar. You use your ignorance of the sciences to excuse that belief.

The correct question to ask is "How do you know that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old?"

That one I could answer.
The truth is, the earth was created around 6000 years ago and you guys are judging it by it's looks and not by the facts

Pilgrim Soldier

Nobody has ever seen anybody create DNA from scratch. Nobody has seen whole worlds created either. So false equivalence on your part.
you missed the point, just look in the mirror next time and ask yourself how that nose came to be on your face. God said our nose will accuse of of ignorance on judgement day and leave us without excuse.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
.That's your opinion, but it's baseless to me. It all comes down to the foundation of a particular view or belief. If you base your beliefs on your own private opinion, then it's worth 1 in 7.5 billion opinions.
A wise man will look outside of himself and gain a world of wisdom

Argument ad populum.

I am here on RF, which means that I AM looking outside of myself. :facepalm:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
you missed the point, just look in the mirror next time and ask yourself how that nose came to be on your face. God said our nose will accuse of of ignorance on judgement day and leave us without excuse.

I asked the question, I went to the biologists and they say that my nose is grown because my genetic code informs my cells to do so. So again:

Nobody has ever seen anybody create DNA from scratch. Nobody has seen whole worlds created either. So false equivalence on your part.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Now your going to eat humble pie. What if God pulled you aside and explained His formula for creating something like an eye or DNA. How long do you think you could keep track of the long formula for.

See, your asking for something you can't even handle, you would be gobsmacked by the 3 second mark and you demand the whole formula. Give me a break, I'll give you a Microsoft Excel formula to digest, it's only 32 characters long so you should figure it out in around 3 weeks and that's a puny little man made thing

Challenge accepted. I'll counter with a mathematical formula that is about the same length that should take you much longer than that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I refuse to believe that it was painted by a human, it could be an accumulation of cosmic dust which spent a million years in a primordial pond of scum then evolved into a beautiful work of art
Too bad that is not what scientists claim about evolution. You are trying to use your ignorance as a weapon. You can only hurt yourself that way.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for the advice, but no thanks. You're asking me to go and ask my enemies for evidence, I have already exposed and debunked their theories so why would I go back for more of the same hogwash

But you haven't debunked their ideas. You have merely denied them. You have presented no evidence and no reason to think your denial is correct.

Pilgrim Soldier

I asked the question, I went to the biologists and they say that my nose is grown because my genetic code informs my cells to do so. So again:

Let me help you with some real scientific facts, 1 you can't see DNA. That's your first rude shock, the second is nobody was created before the world was created so that means you weren't there so it's impossible for you to witness something that took place before you were created

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The truth is, the earth was created around 6000 years ago and you guys are judging it by it's looks and not by the facts
No, projection again. You are judging it be a book of myths. We are the ones that are judging it based upon facts. You are basing your beliefs upon a religious book that you do not understand.

Your fear of learning tells us that what you have is mere bluster. A person that truly believed would not be afraid to learn.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
But you can't recreate a process which you have no clue about. You don't know how it was done or when it was done

Therefore your Mona Lisa example is rubbish.

And if you do not know how it is done or when it was done then by definition you do not know how it came to be, and therefore cannot use it as evidence that a god exists.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let me help you with some real scientific facts, 1 you can't see DNA. That's your first rude shock, the second is nobody was created before the world was created so that means you weren't there so it's impossible for you to witness something that took place before you were created
That is like saying that you cannot tell that someone broke into a store, even though there is video recording equipment. We do not need people in place to observe events.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I should slow my typing down and not use the single command to correct all my typing errors at once. I should skim over them and correct them individually but I'm sure you will forgive me.

How did you conclude that God made certain things look antique, in an effort to deceive smart men. Smart men already know that He makes things the way He wants to. Who are we to argue with Him

My scientific knowledge tells me otherwise. We have the original sedimentary layers which God spread ot in one of His creation days. He designed them to look 4.5 billion years old, and just to confuse smart guys He caused the flood which added another bunch of layers to leave the smart guys super confused. I love His sense of humour

That is simply a version of 'Last Thursdayism', which is a philosophical mistake. Making the universe 'appear' old is simply denial about the evidence as it is. I could equally well say that everything was created Last Thursday, complete with an appearance of age and all of our memories. Like solipsism, it is philosophically untestable and therefore a useless position.

Either say that you simply deny the evidence or accept it and the conclusions derived from it. Playing the Last Thursday card is simply a form of dishonest debate.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Your philosophy would be wonderful if God was limited by your expectations, but just suppose fro a moment that He isn't limited by the laws you invented. What if He has His own laws and He rejects yours, who wins there

Do "God's Laws" allow for prediction of new observations? is there any potential observation that could show them wrong? If not, then they are useless for science.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Please spare me the trauma, I find complex mathematical problems vexing. I would consider it if I was getting paid of course

So you then cannot handle basic physics. From which it follows you cannot handle chemistry.

A 32 symbol mathematical formula is a *simple* one, in all likelihood. Even a basic spreadsheet to find an approximate solution to a predator-prey setup would take more.