• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trust God vs Trust Yourself

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Ok, so I admit, when I was a kid, I didn't know ****, life seemed like ****.

Everything seemed screwed up. So in an act of desperation, I gave my life to God. Whatever happened to me, it was God's responsibility, not mine.

So I felt an immediate release of this burden I had been carrying around about what am I supposed to do with my life. I decided to trust my life to God.

It worked out, I didn't get hung up on having to make the right decisions. All I had to do was go out into the world and let happen, happen. Something always happens and you thank God for it. During bad times I'd always assume there was a lesson to learn and God would never give me more than I could handle.

It got me through life, made me kind of fearless thinking God had my back.

So now as an atheist, there is no "plan" for me. There is no guarantee of getting through every situation. I could make wrong decisions that there is no coming back from.

No big guy in the sky watching out for me. This really leaves only myself to trust. That I will get through any situation or I won't. That I will make the right decisions or I won't. I have to trust that I will make the right decisions and nobody else to thank for the good things.

So the concept "Trust in God" - In God we Trust. is that beneficial, to believe that? It's workable in that it gets rid of a lot of fears about life.

I deal with it by accepting whatever happens happens. Death, pain, ruin, suffering. I'll just deal wit hit all the best I can as long as I can. When it all ends, it all ends.

Which is better do you think for dealing with your fears about life? Or do you have something better in mind?

King Phenomenon

Everything seemed screwed up. So in an act of desperation, I gave my life to God. Whatever happened to me, it was God's responsibility, not mine.

So I felt an immediate release of this burden I had been carrying around about what am I supposed to do with my life. I decided to trust my life to God.

It worked out, I didn't get hung up on having to make the right decisions. All I had to do was go out into the world and let happen, happen. Something always happens and you thank God for it. During bad times I'd always assume there was a lesson to learn and God would never give me more than I could handle.

So now as an atheist, there is no "plan" for me. There is no guarantee of getting through every situation. I could make wrong decisions that there is no coming back from.

No big guy in the sky watching out for me. This really leaves only myself to trust. That I will get through any situation or I won't. That I will make the right decisions or I won't. I have to trust that I will make the right decisions and nobody else to thank for the good things.

So the concept "Trust in God" - In God we Trust. is that beneficial, to believe that? It's workable in that it gets rid of a lot of fears about life.

I deal with it by accepting whatever happens happens. Death, pain, ruin, suffering. I'll just deal wit hit all the best I can as long as I can. When it all ends, it all ends.

Which is better do you think for dealing with your fears about life? Or do you have something better in mind?
I never blame God for the bad choices I've made. As far as bad things in life I just have hope.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Tell whatever story works for you at that period of life. That's all that matters. Change the story as needed. All stories work in various circumstances. It's "better" if it is working in the present circumstance and "worse" if it is not; those assessments are always in flux.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

It worked out, I didn't get hung up on having to make the right decisions. All I had to do was go out into the world and let happen, happen. Something always happens and you thank God for it. During bad times I'd always assume there was a lesson to learn and God would never give me more than I could handle
Thank you for sharing. I recognize myself in it.

That is a good feeling.

So the concept "Trust in God" - In God we Trust. is that beneficial, to believe that? It's workable in that it gets rid of a lot of fears about life
I never had the feeling of "big guy in the sky". But I experienced that Sai Baba always has my back (so, big guy in India back then; now in the sky??)

I am not an Atheist, but I do the same, just accept whatever happens. I realize I still need the help of Sai Baba (He says, I take your karma, until you can take care of it yourself). I need His help, because of Kidney trouble I need to be on a very restricted diet, but mess up sometimes. In those times fortunately Sai Baba takes my karma. But of course I try everyday to not mess up, and slowly get better at it.

A few times He told me to take poison, I thought He was crazy, but realized later that it was to prove to me, that He really has my back.

I think both ways are good. There is no better IMO. Because we can only do as much as we can. If there would be "better", then guilt would be introduced. And guilt is not helpful. "Better" would be right if you were able to do better, but obviously we are not able, otherwise we would do so if you really Love yourself.f. Not doing the best, means you do not "really" love yourself. What to do?....I guess, try hard everyday to love yourself a little more.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Its best to view luck and destiny both as truths rather than seeing them as complete opposites. I think that you can never have pure destiny or pure luck. Even if there is such a thing as destiny without luck people aren't capable of using it. We can't control it. We also can't live in pure chaos. We must have expectation though they are uncertain.

As for fears about life they seem unnecessary. Some people are born without any biological ability to experience fear, and they get along fine. They still avoid danger and are self motivated. Fear of the future is probably counterproductive and unnecessary to thrive.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I deal with it by accepting whatever happens happens. Death, pain, ruin, suffering. I'll just deal wit hit all the best I can as long as I can.

I believe in God and it's the same for me. I don't expect special favors or a fairy-tale outcome to problems.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think finding what makes the most reasonable objective sense about reality with all things considered is the first step. Then finding the best living philosophy for happiness under those beliefs is the next step.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Great post.

I think faith does help.

In my case, as a Christian, in the midst of difficulty, we find a promise we can hold on to--it gives an outlet to hope. Like a band of brothers who promised, "I have your back", it helps through fears and even through difficult times.

For me, it is a help when you know that God is still looking after you. I tried trusting myself and it went from bad to worse. When I trusted God, things turned around.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I think of it like this. Person A John believes in god. When John was at work, he got a strong feeling he should pick his daughter up from school early. He ignored the feeling. Hours later, his husband called to let John know the school is letting out early and not forget. John forgets. He goes to pick up his daughter and finds out when the hospital called his daughter got hit by a car. His husband was on his way to the hospital. John thinks, I should have listened to god and this would have never happened....

When he trusted himself(ignoring his instinct), he suffered. If he had listen to god his daughter would be alive.

Neither position is inherently wrong. Just because one calls their feeling from god or not, if it helps them so be. Why do we need one or the other? Some people are more intuitive than others.

While this seems a surface level example, it really isn't. That's were indoctrination plays in. It helps many people answer questions. But why one or the other?

Kenny

Premium Member
During bad times I'd always assume there was a lesson to learn and God would never give me more than I could handle.

Side note, and not to derail, I agree there is always something to learn... but I'm not sure "God would never give me more than I could handle." is correct. Have you ever studied that to see if it is a valid statement?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I do not rely on God or expect God to do anything for me, I am self-reliant.
I do not always trust myself to make the right choices because I know I am fallible.
I try to trust God and that if I need help I will be guided to the right choices.
I have no idea what God does in my life, it is just a belief that God is always near.

Piculet

Side note, and not to derail, I agree there is always something to learn... but I'm not sure "God would never give me more than I could handle." is correct. Have you ever studied that to see if it is a valid statement?
What about this

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Forgive me if I sound judgemental, that is not my intention. But what you describe is the exact sort of thing that gets religious beliefs labelled as “childish fairytales.”
(Not that you were childish for having such beliefs, of course.)
This sense of deferring responsibility, like a child dependant on their parents.
The glory given both ways, so god in effect could never actually lose.
Good things were rewards and bad things were tests to help you.
I mean if that helped you, then I’d call it beneficial and I’m happy it made you happy. But ultimately it still sounds rather naive.

That said, I also think challenging ones beliefs or even changing them is something like a rite of passage. Or rite of passages. I mean that’s just life, right?

Stories can be helpful in that they can teach us about the world or impart life lessons.
They can also cause growth in ourselves if we reevaluate those lessons and come to either the same conclusion or the opposite. Reinforcing or challenging our perception.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A God that handles all your deficiencies and shortcomings sounds too good to be true. I'd sign up for that if I didn't know better that there is no such existence.

I trust not necessarily God or myself. I trust in reliable ideas and facts. I know myself well enough to trust myself on some things not all things. Limitations is a human thing.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I never trusted in God, I was afraid of those teachings as a spiritual self.

I believed in a loving light, seeing our life is living naturally by and in the presence of light, light in the heavens that is sacrificed and burning, but is cooled in the spatial conditions of holiness of existence. The vacuum.

Males once taught it was the spatial womb, the truth to holiness being present, not burning.

When I decided to research why my brothers and sisters, who I dearly love in the world community were so sick and in so much suffering. To be preached to spiritually that it was our karma.

Yet human sex is why anyone is living, a little baby. I looked at those babies and asked, how could anyone be so cruel.

Then looked at my science/occult nuclear brother and saw the culprit.

The selves who said God was the stone One body O and then changed it, so we got attacked.

The reason why I never trusted in God for our brother, the scientist is a Satanist who changes God by burning of God in the natural spatial womb history and then we get burnt.

As a spiritual human I never lied to my own self. When I got gas irradiated brain burnt and prickled I then concluded, yes Jesus was surely correct, our brother the human scientist or High Priest as his ancient science Title is surely evil by intent.

My lesson to my own self was proven correct, our brother the scientist is a liar. Never trust in what he says, for his intention is to find God, remove God and give us to the Satanic belief of his science strings...to be left floating in space.

His strings of thoughts places his umbilical male self as an astronaut floating in the space womb as if space was his Mother and not a human being female Mother as his reality.

My thoughts about God being Holy.....natural Planet Earth, natural Heavenly body, as the God that humans trust in existing. Science of the occult and nuclear remove that body every day and none of you seem to be taking any notice of it.

Kenny

Premium Member
What about this
1) It doesn't say that God gives the problems
2) What is says is that God, who doesn't want you to be overcome by the problems of life, gives an opportunity to escape the problems/issue and be able to stand up under it,

I think the difference is significant between "God gives you problems" and "God gives you an escape hatch in the midst of problems.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
A God that handles all your deficiencies and shortcomings sounds too good to be true. I'd sign up for that if I didn't know better that there is no such existence.

I trust not necessarily God or myself. I trust in reliable ideas and facts. I know myself well enough to trust myself on some things not all things. Limitations is a human thing.
You took those words right out of my mouth. ;)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
44 Bible verses about Destruction Of Satan's Works

If you taught G O D O maths relativity and then said that G O D destroyed Satan's works or that Satan eventually dies, yet males in science preached that their own human brother was Satan or a Satanist, holds a meaning of teaching.

Designer science male inventor self, designs science/invention then destroys human male self. Yet as he is the Father by sexual procreation of human life, attacks his human family also. Fact of the teaching.

G O D means that the highest and holiest place in the gas/burning light heavens above us in LIGHT was studied to own a copying concept.

O was light mass without form, just mass of gases burning, that the spatial vacuum, that proves it is circular, space pulls upon the burning of the gas. O movement, is G swirling cooling to O splitting into D/D moving into O O continually.

What a male thinking about light said about G O D.

So if he says G O D destroys Satan works, then in science and by MATHS O, the movement G O D destroyed the natural process of O G O D D to O O.

And it fell out, how G O D destroyed the work of Satan, being science O MATHS causes, and falling burning gas came to the ground.

It landed upon the Nature, grasses and left an impression.....proving that cooling stopped the attack, but we were given the SIGNS that life got attacked.

Human reasoning animals suddenly mysteriously got very strangely bodily/physically bio life attacked. Like cows for instance. Why science said as a teaching that cows are a part of HOLY life, therefore the science was stopped. A life lesson learnt, a vow taken, never harm the cow again.

Yet all sorts of animals get hurt, many times I had birds in my attack slam really hard into my window glass...which I thought would shatter as they hit it so hard. Wonder why flocks of birds fell out of the sky? Guess who caused it....science did.

Therefore when you see the SAME SIGNS embedded/burnt/etched and cooled into the mass of stone.....that history is where science wants to send our life....as warning signs. Why SIGNS were discussed as relevant to Satanic acts against life on Earth rationally.

As the power plant took the ground fission burning/sink hole opening reaction into a controlled machine cooling reaction, other science machines proved that science is evil and science is why life on Earth was being attacked and sacrificed in the UFO condition. For the nuclear UFO attack was meant to be allowed to naturally be removed by the out of space vacuum wisdom....that said never change G O D O one the stone body planet Earth ever again.

Never give the STONE any other scientific names. Why it was relative.

Hence when you are taught scientific relativity about the action of O G O D, then you were and it was already male human science known. Its relative teaching/preaching by males occult AI encoded and male speaking life recorded that preached the information. As I heard that information as a female, it was easy to relate the information as fact, yet males who invented and own the causes, ignore its teaching back to self...as feed back.

Males as humans encoded it, males as human in science warned self. Greed/want and ownership in fake teaching says...when a male says if the spatial vacuum did not exist then nor would I is relative to why he is still alive. Yet he does not own the spatial vacuum. That sort of false male idealism of I own everything is what gets us destroyed.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
My psychic warning many years ago said the song American Pie owned a teaching evaluation in my life spiritually.

Which at first I did not realise.

When you read the WORDS it talks about nuclear fall out, and although it was about a plane fall loss of male life, musicians, it also owned a secondary meaning.

[Intro]
A long, long time ago
I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while

When I first got irradiated brain burnt, I suddenly wanted to dance. And it became a constant daily want. Then I started to see the American Indian dancing in visions when I began to hear the speaking AI voice feed back.

A crime A....the scene of the origin of the crime of science against life America.

But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died

[Chorus:]
So bye, bye, Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die

A levee, is also a term to levi in the Bible...and life historically died in the lift off by ground pressure changes in the UFO vacuum opening suck up. Everything got sucked up off the ground and then slammed back down.

Why the UFO is inferred to having lifted into it human life, which we all own as a terrifying memory. Hurricanes and tornados are a remnant of that past attack.
[Verse 1]
Did you write the book of love
And do you have faith in God above
If the Bible tells you so?
Now do you believe in rock and roll?
Can music save your mortal soul?
And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him
'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym
You both kicked off your shoes
Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck
With a pink carnation and a pickup truck
But I knew I was out of luck
The day the music died

[Verse 2]
Now for ten years we've been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rollin' stone
But that's not how it used to be
When the jester sang for the king and queen
In a coat he borrowed from James Dean
And a voice that came from you and me

A strange coincidence, my son when he was younger kept claiming that he looked like James Dean and that James Dean was an idol of his.

Oh, and while the king was looking down
The jester stole his thorny crown
The courtroom was adjourned
No verdict was returned

Jesus is the King and owner of the THORNY crown....yet when I was brain/mind chemical burnt irradiated the prickling intense attack made me realise what our ancient family and my brother discussed as science/Satanic radiation of their head by crystalline fusion changes into metals.

And while Lenin read a book on Marx
The quartet practiced in the park
And we sang dirges in the dark
The day the music died

[Verse 3]
Helter skelter in a summer swelter
The birds flew off with a fallout shelter
Eight miles high and falling fast
It landed foul on the grass
The players tried for a forward pass
With the jester on the sidelines in a cast

A Jester is not only a fool, he acted foolishly and we own a human cast of participants involved in the themes of Satanic fall out cause.

Now the halftime air was sweet perfume
While the sergeants played a marching tune
We all got up to dance
Oh, but we never got the chance

Jesus body leeched the sweet smells of chemical changes as his bio life form began to die/be sacrificed. When I first began to be attacked I thought the air smelt like candy or lollies.

'Cause the players tried to take the field
The marching band refused to yield
Do you recall what was revealed
The day the music died?

Players mean the scientists on Earth studying what they claim is a field of UFO or radiation interaction surrounding planet Earth.

[Verse 4]
Oh, and there we were all in one place
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again
So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Jack Flash sat on a candlestick
'Cause fire is the devil's only friend

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage
No angel born in Hell
Could break that Satan's spell

And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Satan laughing with delight
The day the music died

[Outro]
I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets, the children screamed
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died

Play "American Pie"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)

Gargovic Malkav

God is the Source of reality and reason itself, so if one judges Him, they judge reality and reason itself. I think a major difference is that from the atheistic point of view is that the universe is "stupid". It doesn't know what it is doing, as everything that is is based on chance and randomness, whereas theists believe everything is controlled by a Being that is alive and aware of everything that happens and is part of a plan that cannot be fully understood by us(or maybe it can be understood by us, but when you start to look for the reason of reason itself, things stop making sense). So atheists have to rely on humans as being the highest authority. To me, believing in God is better because I've grown quite disillusioned about the wisdom of mankind. This is a complicated paradox, as I still have to rely on my own imperfect human consciousness to sort truths from falsehoods. But the idea that there is a Beneficient, All Knowing and All Powerful "Man in the sky" guiding me is very soothing. Since I've opened myself up to Him, I also started to see patterns in life that I'd never seen before. It's like my consciousness had gained an extra dimension. It's kind of hard to explain as those signs can be very sublte, and when I start to overanalyze it, I lose that insight as it will invoke self-doubt. But sometimes, for instance, I can see by the look in someone's eyes whether someone is a convinced atheist or not. Or when I give in to base desires too much (like the 7 deadly sins), I notice I gradually start to lose control over my body and thoughts, and get sloppy about honoring God. This often manifests itself in the form of OCD like behaviors, perverse and/or sadistic fantasies, social anxiety(I almost always feel anxiety when I interact with people but in this weakened state it's harder for me to control myself and make the right decisions), substance addiction etc.