• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps to host G7 Summit

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Actually from what I read so far, it's not illegal but to me it is immoral to conflate his businesses with the business of the USA.

Riders

Actually from what I read so far, it's not illegal but to me it is immoral to conflate his businesses with the business of the USA.

It depends on weather hes making money or not. If he gets advertisements for his business because of this then hes making money. I mean if his sales go up because of this hes making money off it its illegal.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Trump to break another one of his broken laws by hosting G7 Summit.
Heres the source.
President Trump's controversial move is a historic first - CNN Video

“I don’t have any concerns about it other than just politically how it appears,” Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota said Friday.

“It may seem careless politically, but on the other hand there’s tremendous integrity in his boldness and his transparency,” Cramer said.
Democrats call Trump's Doral G-7 pick 'outrageous' — GOP senator says it shows 'tremendous integrity'

Just wondering why President Trump gets to pick especially since he skipped the last one.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
And in other news Hillary Clinton claims that a female Democrat hopeful (possibly Tulsi Gabbard) is a Russian asset.

It depends on weather hes making money or not. If he gets advertisements for his business because of this then hes making money. I mean if his sales go up because of this hes making money off it its illegal.

No idea about US law, but it's certainly worth $10+ million in publicity.

tytlyf

Not Religious
And in other news Hillary Clinton claims that a female Democrat hopeful (possibly Tulsi Gabbard) is a Russian asset.
Yep, Tulsi is starting to act a little weird. Repeating RW talking points. She wasn't like this a couple months ago. Sorry to say, she's lost my support.

Cooky

Veteran Member
What do you think her motives are?

Crazy.

tenor-6.gif

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Actually, whether or not he actually profits from the summit is irrelevant. The President is not allowed to accept any gift whatsoever from a foreign government. The King of Siam tried to given President Lincoln a bunch of gifts (including live elephants), but Lincoln knew he couldn't accept them and turned everything over to the National Archives (CITE).

To the King of Siam
February 3, 1862

Abraham Lincoln,
President of the United States of America.

To His Majesty Somdetch Phra Paramendr Maha Mongut,

King of Siam,

Great and Good Friend: I have received Your Majesty's two letters of the date of February 14th., 1861.

I have also received in good condition the royal gifts which accompanied those letters,---namely, a sword of costly materials and exquisite workmanship; a photographic likeness of Your Majesty and of Your Majesty's beloved daughter; and also two elephants' tusks of length and magnitude such as indicate that they could have belonged only to an animal which was a native of Siam.

Your Majesty's letters show an understanding that our laws forbid the President from receiving these rich presents as personal treasures. They are therefore accepted in accordance with Your Majesty's desire as tokens of your good will and friendship for the American People. Congress being now in session at this capital, I have had great pleasure in making known to them this manifestation of Your Majesty's munificence and kind consideration.

Under their directions the gifts will be placed among the archives of the Government, where they will remain perpetually as tokens of mutual esteem and pacific dispositions more honorable to both nations than any trophies of conquest could be.

I appreciate most highly Your Majesty's tender of good offices in forwarding to this Government a stock from which a supply of elephants might be raised on our own soil. This Government would not hesitate to avail itself of so generous an offer if the object were one which could be made practically useful in the present condition of the United States.

Our political jurisdiction, however, does not reach a latitude so low as to favor the multiplication of the elephant, and steam on land, as well as on water, has been our best and most efficient agent of transportation in internal commerce.

I shall have occasion at no distant day to transmit to Your Majesty some token of indication of the high sense which this Government entertains of Your Majesty's friendship.

Meantime, wishing for Your Majesty a long and happy life, and for the generous and emulous People of Siam the highest possible prosperity, I commend both to the blessing of Almighty God.

Your Good Friend, ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

Washington, February 3, 1862.

By the President:

WILLIAM H. SEWARD, Secretary of State.
Annotation