• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's tax forms revealed.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And this is the system you wish to perpetuate?
Heck no. I'm working class.

I just realise that its way too far gone for people like you and me to actually do anything about it.

The wealthy rule over us and none of them will give up an inch of that for any reason.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Heck no. I'm working class.

I just realise that its way too far gone for people like you and me to actually do anything about it.

The wealthy rule over us and none of them will give up an inch of that for any reason.
So why lick the boot that kicks you under the bus?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Evidently President Trump paid only $1500 in personal federal taxes over two years and none in the 10 years before that.

And, as opposed to being an astute businessman. Instead of making $435 million dollars, we LOST $47 million.

He has been running his companies into the ground. He is running the country into the ground. And he wants the taxpayers to pay *his* debts.

Anyone who has been watching has known he is a con man, pure and simple. Maybe, just maybe, some of his supporters will realize this finally.

Trump’s Taxes Show Chronic Losses and Years of Income Tax Avoidance
I'd say this is an October Surprise, except it's not quite October and not really a surprise.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I've said it before (here) but I just view him as a salesman. I've worked with heaps, and some are good guys. But some have a very particular view of the world and how it works. Perception is reality. They started 'infecting' one of my project managers with that view (perception is reality) which is a very risky belief to hold when you're managing large-scale projects with lots of money and resources.

I punched him in the arm and told him perception had nothing to do with whether that hurt. (We knew each other pretty well, so HR wasn't involved...lol)
Reading briefly a book of philosophies of morality and see that some principles or lines of thought are based on economics. So what's right and wrong does not enter onto the platform when it comes to judging right and wrong regarding economics.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Actually both parties are responsible for this.
One of the candidates some years ago was a man that lived very frugally. He was interesting, but didn't get very far with popularity. Besides, making laws for the masses in various facets of life is, shall we say, rather difficult. Just going by the U.S. Supreme Court, for instance, there are laws yet these judges at the top level do not always agree. So why expect people to agree on taxes and applying them "legally"? People love a showman.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Reading briefly a book of philosophies of morality and see that some principles or lines of thought are based on economics. So what's right and wrong does not enter onto the platform when it comes to judging right and wrong regarding economics.

Hmm...I've read some economic and business related ethics, but not sure I'm quite understanding what you mean....I could read it a couple of different ways.

Milton Platt

Evidently President Trump paid only $1500 in personal federal taxes over two years and none in the 10 years before that.

And, as opposed to being an astute businessman. Instead of making $435 million dollars, we LOST $47 million.

He has been running his companies into the ground. He is running the country into the ground. And he wants the taxpayers to pay *his* debts.

Anyone who has been watching has known he is a con man, pure and simple. Maybe, just maybe, some of his supporters will realize this finally.

While I think it is unconscionable that someone who brags about being a billionaire pays far less taxes than I, as long as he is following the tax laws, it is hard to criticize him or anyone else for doing so. Who purposely pays more taxes than they have to? The criminals are the ones who wrote the tax laws.

Tambourine

I've said it before (here) but I just view him as a salesman. I've worked with heaps, and some are good guys. But some have a very particular view of the world and how it works. Perception is reality. They started 'infecting' one of my project managers with that view (perception is reality) which is a very risky belief to hold when you're managing large-scale projects with lots of money and resources.

I punched him in the arm and told him perception had nothing to do with whether that hurt. (We knew each other pretty well, so HR wasn't involved...lol)
Except when it comes to people, they're mostly right. People, especially in groups, are much more likely to act on their perception of reality than they are on reality. This seems especially true to me when it comes to electoral politics.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Except when it comes to people, they're mostly right. People, especially in groups, are much more likely to act on their perception of reality than they are on reality. This seems especially true to me when it comes to electoral politics.

No, sadly they're not right, but I agree there is a lot of truth in what you say.
Almost invariably when I've been around that type of salesmen they've had some success. They're told that their job is to sell, and they do. A large component of their pay comes from commission. They have weird cultish sessions where guys who wear suits and ties to work convince themselves they're 'wolves' and that there are only two sorts of people in the world - people who sell, and people who wish they could sell.

(I've had the joy of attending large internal sales conferences as one of a handful of product experts a few times...it was hard to work out if we were the goldfish, or they were, but there was some confusion...!)

Ultimately, perception is reality in terms of convincing people of things. Of closing, whether in business or...it seems...politics.

But one day the salesman walks off to his next gig, and what's left is most definitely reality.

Sorry...feeling a little maudlin tonight.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I agree. Nothing really surprising here, including his deals with the tyrants in the Philippines and Turkey or his running every company he owns into the ground.

He is a con man. Pure and simple. The fact that enough people voted for him to put him into office depresses me. That he has even a chance to get re-elected shows this country is dying.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I've been saying this all along. He took advantage of tax loopholes intentionally designed for the wealthy.

I'm not surprised at the least, and the worst part is, it was likely perfectly legal for Trump to do.
apparently the 8 years of Obama didn't address the issue... maybe because he is now working the system and knew he was going to? Is there really a guiltless party?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

The linked article doesn't have the actual tax filings. I've
looked around the internet, but haven't been able to find
them. Many articles opine them, but don't publish them.
I've noticed some strange things, eg, claims about valuation
of real estate. Such things wouldn't appear on any income
tax form I've ever seen, so I wonder just what's being referred
to. Some Schedule E & K-1 forms would be useful.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have too... but I use every legal loophole that is available... don't we all?
When I take a deduction, it's a valid "deduction".
But when you take a deduction, it's a "loophole".
Cosmo Kramer explains....

Even the Canuckistanians have loopholes...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Trumps response on this so far is that it is "fake news".
Of course. He and his supporters call any and all unfavorable coverage "fake". It has to reach a point that on some level they realize their emperor has no clothes, but their pride keeps them from swallowing that bitter pill. What they don't get is that you can still be a conservative without giving uncritical and unconditional support to party leadership. Political parties shouldn't be ****ing cults.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, I agree. Nothing really surprising here, including his deals with the tyrants in the Philippines and Turkey or his running every company he owns into the ground.

He is a con man. Pure and simple. The fact that enough people voted for him to put him into office depresses me. That he has even a chance to get re-elected shows this country is dying.
A lot if CEOs run companies into the ground today and its on purpose. Its how they make money for themselves and their executives and shareholders and it works. Their focus is on reaping massive short term profits, dump, restructuring and acquisition, repeat.

Its why corporations come and go like the wind now as well with revolving door CEOs and executive staff that come on board and leave in an endless perpetual cycle reaping in insanely massive rewards and profits for themselves while they are at it.

We live in a consume and throw away culture.