• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Secret Agenda...Kill The Electoral College

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He isn't that forward looking. He is a narcissist, very focused on self, and has an inferiority issue...that's what causes all the bluster. His ego is fragile and he can't handle losing.
I'd considered that.
But his being a prescient genius is the best explanation.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In the news....
Trump to meet Michigan lawmakers in bid to overturn electoral defeat
Excerpted....
Nov 20 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump will meet with Republican leaders from Michigan at the White House on Friday as his campaign pursues an increasingly desperate bid to overturn the Nov. 3 election following a series of courtroom defeats.

The Trump campaign's latest strategy, as described by three people familiar with the plan, is to convince Republican-controlled legislatures in battleground states won by President-elect Joe Biden, such as Michigan, to set aside the results and determine Trump the winner.

"The entire election frankly in all the swing states should be overturned and the legislatures should make sure that the electors are selected for Trump," Sidney Powell, one of Trump's lawyers, told Fox Business Network on Thursday.

Back to me....
Some think that these antics are Trump's death rattle.
(I once naively posted that. But I've come to my senses.)
Clearly, The Donald is showing both his genius & his put
Ameristan first agenda.
How so, you ask?
Playing by the rules, & exploiting them in brilliant novel ways,
he's now showing us inherent flaws in the Electoral College.
The new one is more interesting & dangerous than the
occasional "faithless elector". We now see the faithless party
risk, ie, that if one party held enuf power in crucial states, they
could conspire to install an unelected President.

He must've realized this when he beat Hillary with a lower
popular vote count. This is how he's fixing that flaw, ie,
inspiring the country to switch to the popular vote.
He knows he won't win, but he's doing it for us.

For sooth, Donald Trump is God's gift to democracy,
although it took me awhile to realize this.
Didn't anybody in your large country know in 2015 when Trump was running that this was always going to be the end result? I told you!

Could none of you read the man? Is nobody in the US capable of a character assessment?

Heyo

Veteran Member
In the news....
Trump to meet Michigan lawmakers in bid to overturn electoral defeat
Excerpted....
Nov 20 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump will meet with Republican leaders from Michigan at the White House on Friday as his campaign pursues an increasingly desperate bid to overturn the Nov. 3 election following a series of courtroom defeats.

The Trump campaign's latest strategy, as described by three people familiar with the plan, is to convince Republican-controlled legislatures in battleground states won by President-elect Joe Biden, such as Michigan, to set aside the results and determine Trump the winner.

"The entire election frankly in all the swing states should be overturned and the legislatures should make sure that the electors are selected for Trump," Sidney Powell, one of Trump's lawyers, told Fox Business Network on Thursday.

Back to me....
Some think that these antics are Trump's death rattle.
(I once naively posted that. But I've come to my senses.)
Clearly, The Donald is showing both his genius & his put
Ameristan first agenda.
How so, you ask?
Playing by the rules, & exploiting them in brilliant novel ways,
he's now showing us inherent flaws in the Electoral College.
The new one is more interesting & dangerous than the
occasional "faithless elector". We now see the faithless party
risk, ie, that if one party held enuf power in crucial states, they
could conspire to install an unelected President.

He must've realized this when he beat Hillary with a lower
popular vote count. This is how he's fixing that flaw, ie,
inspiring the country to switch to the popular vote.
He knows he won't win, but he's doing it for us.

For sooth, Donald Trump is God's gift to democracy,
although it took me awhile to realize this.
As you may remember, I frequently pointed out that Trump is "holding a mirror" to the US public and that by being open about it he pointed out the flaws in the political procedures.
I never said that that was his intention.
But either way, if Trump's shenanigans inspire people to restructure the government and/or think about their values, Trump may get the credit. (Which he then can enjoy from the security of a country without an extradition treaty with the US.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

ecco

Veteran Member
Trump is well aware that when he becomes a private citizen there are criminal and civil court cases awaiting him. So, yes, he is desperate.
Another telepsychiatrist and legal x-purt?

Nope. I just understand what's going on in my country.
  • While in office, President Donald Trump has largely evaded the civil suits against him.
  • That could change once he leaves office, which would be in January if former Vice President Joe Biden wins the election on November 3.
  • Legal experts previously told Business Insider that Trump could face several legal headaches if he is voted out of office.
  • There are at least nine major ongoing lawsuits involving the president, including defamation cases and allegations that he and his children misled people into selling goods for a multilevel marketing company.

ecco

Veteran Member
Everyone then knew "arms' were such as the sword, pike, and muzzle-loading firearms which were then state of the art, and as such suitable for defense of life liberty and pursuit of happiness,against the enemies thereof.
So, today any patriotic citizen should be able to own a tank equipped as below...
bradley-24.jpg

I wonder if the next school shooter or mall shooter or disgruntled ex-employee knows that flamethrowers are legal and readily available.

ecco

Veteran Member
Didn't anybody in your large country know in 2015 when Trump was running that this was always going to be the end result? I told you!

Could none of you read the man? Is nobody in the US capable of a character assessment?
With all due respect, more than half of us did.

That almost half of us liked what they saw is scary as hell.

ETA: And embarassing.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Exactly!!!

His behavior during the 2015-6 was appalling, and yet so many didn't let that bother them, with many of them claiming that they also believe in the "Prince of Peace" [aka Jesus]. This may come to backfire in the "religious right", who now seem far less "religious" and far more into "right-wing secularism". They got snookered, some now realize this and have admitted it [like one of my sons-in-law], but my guess is that most in his base have not and will not change their loyalty to Trump. Since so many of their "true colors" has been put out in a full and gory display, it'll be interesting how this may affect attendance at their churches.

Billy Graham lamented that his cozying-up to Nixon was the biggest mistake in his role as pastor, but will other preachers in the "religious right" learn from this? I certainly hope so, but only time will tell, I guess.

Audie

Veteran Member
So, today any patriotic citizen should be able to own a tank equipped as below...
bradley-24.jpg

I wonder if the next school shooter or mall shooter or disgruntled ex-employee knows that flamethrowers are legal and readily available.

My ex boyfriend was ex military..wait, is that double cross??

Anyway he was not your gun- ban types.

He could point out in a more informed way than I could that the lsrge csliber weapons of your tank thrrec are illegal and agreement that they should be is not at issue.

And that the if -so thing about nukes or tanks is tiresome and silly, as also are most slippery slope arguments.

As for mass killing, it will be just as well if such
evil persons don't realize that cheap, easy to get, Impossible to regulate and far more deadly device / subdtance is to be found.

Audie

Veteran Member
With all due respect, more than half of us did.

That almost half of us liked what they saw is scary as hell.

ETA: And embarassing.

Half liked the grim Visage of Hillary.

The world does a collective face palm at you guys.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Half liked the grim Visage of Hillary.
The world does a collective face palm at you guys.
Aye, one sign of how terrible the choice was between The
Donald & The Hildabeast was that Libertarians received
far & away their greatest percentage of the vote ever.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Aye, one sign of how terrible the choice was between The
Donald & The Hildabeast was that Libertarians received
far & away their greatest percentage of the vote ever.
How many libertarians are there in congress?
The progressives have now stacked up to 10. I guess they are ahead in the long game.