• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps second Impeachment Trial Dead on Arrival

Cooky

Veteran Member
I don't see how it's similar.

Trump has been pushing the narrative that if he loses, the election is rigged for the last 4 years and then ramped it up to "the election was definitely rigged against me," thus inciting a mob of his followers to storm and attempt to overtake the Capitol building filled with every member of Congress who then had to run for their lives. That was after he called various Governors and GOP leaders and attempted to threaten them into changing the vote counts in his favour.

Luckily, democracy won out. Barely.

This all happened. This is all documented. Nobody made it up just so they could oust Trump from power for the rest of his life. It comes as a direct result of his actual actions.

If inciting a mob to overturn a democratic election isn't grounds for impeachment, then what is?

Inciting a protest isn't illegal. That's all Trump intended.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Inciting a protest isn't illegal.

That was not a protest. It was an insurrection. Five people were killed.

There is plenty of documented evidence for this.

So no, this isn't a play from Putin's playbook.

If only Republicans could manage to get as worked up about an attempted insurrection against the government where five people were killed, than they did about what happened in Benghazi. Remember how many times they hauled Hillary Clinton in for hearings on that one? But for this, Trump is still a-ok in their books. It's quite astonishing. But not really.

That's all Trump intended.
You'd have to have mind reading abilities to know that.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
REPUBLICAN Senators have all but killed off Democratic hopes of impeaching former President Donald Trump - leaving the charge of inciting an insurrection "dead on arrival".

Trump's 2nd impeachment trial ‘dead on arrival’ as 45 GOP senators cast vote

I'm so glad the people who were taking pages from Putin's playbook, trying to ruin the possibility of Trump pursuing politics in the future had their ***** handed to them. Freedom and Democracy always win here... Always!

...Say NO, to left-wing totalitarian dictators. :thumbsup:

That's the most useful, constructive thing you folks on the right can say these days, isn't it?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
REPUBLICAN Senators have all but killed off Democratic hopes of impeaching former President Donald Trump - leaving the charge of inciting an insurrection "dead on arrival".

Trump's 2nd impeachment trial ‘dead on arrival’ as 45 GOP senators cast vote

I'm so glad the people who were taking pages from Putin's playbook, trying to ruin the possibility of Trump pursuing politics in the future had their ***** handed to them. Freedom and Democracy always win here... Always!

...Say NO, to left-wing totalitarian dictators. :thumbsup:
Don't even to pretend to give a damn about freedom, democracy, ethics, justice, etc.
This is clearly about partisanship, not principles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What if we stuck to the reality of the situation and judged it on its own merit instead of trying to dismiss it right out the gate?

Honest question. Do you see any people on the right, high or low, who you can point me to as evidence to warrant thinking reason is still useful in communicating with the right these days? Anyone. Even the best of them?

I myself would call dibs on Mitt Romney if he could demonstrably keep it up.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Don't even to pretend to give a damn about freedom, democracy, ethics, justice, etc.
This is clearly about partisanship, not principles.
Your Lord and Savior can see through your dishonesty and hypocrisy. I'll pray for you.

It rains in Florida, too. The world is full of facts. Got any more of the more obvious sort?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It looked like mostly protest, if one saw what happened
outside the Capitol. But there was some riot & sedition too.
You mean the people milling around outside? Sure, those people were protesting.

The hundreds that broke the windows, swarmed the entrances, scaled the walls, built a gallows, stormed into the Capitol building and beat up (and murdered in some cases) police officers and security guards while chanting about the members of Congress they wanted to kill, were rioters and insurrectionists.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The true-red Trump supporters don't want any accountability from Trump's words and actions, and yet they demand "law & order" and then wrap the flag around themselves. Blame it on anything and everything else, but not Trump.

Just imagine if a Muslim was standing on a soap-box and telling the crowd to go to the Capital and use "force" and "be wild", would the reaction be the same with these true-red Trump supporters? or it was Pelosi that said such words?

How can one have a serious discussion with people who just want to put the blame on anyone else except their own super-hero?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't see how it's similar.

Trump has been pushing the narrative that if he loses, the election is rigged for the last 4 years and then ramped it up to "the election was definitely rigged against me," thus inciting a mob of his followers to storm and attempt to overtake the Capitol building filled with every member of Congress who then had to run for their lives. That was after he called various Governors and GOP leaders and attempted to threaten them into changing the vote counts in his favour.

Luckily, democracy won out. Barely.

This all happened. This is all documented. Nobody made it up just so they could oust Trump from power for the rest of his life. It comes as a direct result of his actual actions.

If inciting a mob to overturn a democratic election isn't grounds for impeachment, then what is?

I think the important take away from what you just said is that you forgot the footnotes.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The true-red Trump supporters don't want any accountability from Trump's words and actions, and yet they demand "law & order" and then wrap the flag around themselves. Blame it on anything and everything else, but not Trump.

Just imagine if a Muslim was standing on a soap-box and telling the crowd to go to the Capital and use "force" and "be wild", would the reaction be the same with these true-red Trump supporters? or it was Pelosi that said such words?

How can one have a serious discussion with people who just want to put the blame on anyone else except their own super-hero?

Honest question. Can you point me to someone on the right, high or low, willing to publicly sustain a well-reasoned, fact-based analysis of the right's current capacity for self-awareness these days? Conclusion doesn't matter now. Can they get somewhere in a public discussion when their own side is looking on by relying only on fact and logic?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
5 people weren't killed. 2 were. others had heart attacks.
Oh, it's all good then! Only 5 people died, and they were mostly heart attacks! Whew! o_O

One was bludgeoned to death with an American flag.
One was shot while trying to breach the barricaded door to the House Chamber.
One person had a stroke during the attack.
Another lady was trampled by the crowd.
Another may have died from a heart attack, but it hasn't been confirmed.

I just read that another officer that was working at the Capitol that day has committed suicide.

And another officer was tasered multiple times in the back of the neck, while the crowd laughed about how they should shoot him with his own gun, as he pled for his life. He later had a heart attack. He's lucky to be alive.

Dozens more police and security officers were injured.

Way to try to minimize the deaths though.
I sure hope you weren't one of the people up in arms over the Benghazi incident.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Trump's a loser.. I'd never vote for him again... The only difference between me and you guys is you want blood, and you're willing to break your own principles by *assuming* a special kind of guiltiness, which is the beginning phases of corruption, IMO.

Last edited: