• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's poll numbers; important or not?

james dixon

Premium Member
If you want to elect the President by a majority vote, then the minority states would be subject to the majority states ideas.

It is you who is confused. States don’t elect the President, the people do; and their vote should count equally; that is what a true democracy is.

:)-

esmith

Veteran Member
It is you who is confused. States don’t elect the President, the people do; and their vote should count equally; that is what a true democracy is.

:)-
Nah; I don't want to live under the whims of the urban majority. I like it just the way it is and have so for over 75 years.
If you had it your way the major population centers would determine the law of the land.
You don't seem to have a problem with the Senate where each State has a equal vote regardless of their population. Which provides a check on the House and the President.

So let's do it this way. The Senate determines who wins the Presidential election. And each Senator votes for whichever candidate received the majority of the vote in their State. Sounds good to me.