• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps off the hook

Riders

Mueller said I am not indicting anyone else. But if its bad enough to impeach him, I'm sure the Democrats will have the opportunity to do with what they want also. Anyways I'm still glad its over at least we can get through this now

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Mueller isn't the only one investigating Trump. And if the Dems impeach Trump it will be embarrassingly futile because the Reps, very predictably so, will not vote to remove him from office.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I hope these political witch hunters rightfully apologize to our POTUS. Also, hopefully, we can now be more focused on keeping America great.

Riders

Uh the Democrats just made an announcement. They will demand Mueller make public 100 percent of the probe plus documents included as proof of his results.

Then if they decided he was guilty of obstruction they can refer the info to someone else who can indict him.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Mueller isn't the only one investigating Trump. And if the Dems impeach Trump it will be embarrassingly futile because the Reps, very predictably so, will not vote to remove him from office.
When partisanship becomes more important to you than your own ethics, I wonder what you really are. Perhaps that why Trump is still posthumously trashing the estimable John McCain.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I hope these political witch hunters rightfully apologize to our POTUS. Also, hopefully, we can now be more focused on keeping America great.
No apologies of any kind are owing to Donald Trump. And America, which is still "great" in terms of being a world power, is sadly not so great within its own borders. And what's worse, is now in the inevitable process of becoming less so on both counts...and a lot of that will be laid at Trump's feet.

He will eventually be considered, by future historians, as one of the worst, if not THE worst, presidents, while Obama will eventually rise to near the top of those ratings.

I say that as an outsider looking in. Those who think Trump is doing anything like MAGA I consider to be navel-gazers, looking in.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When partisanship becomes more important to you than your own ethics, I wonder what you really are. Perhaps that why Trump is still posthumously trashing the estimable John McCain.
That could be. McCain was one of the few Republicans anymore willing to put party aside for the sake of the country and even criticize president/party positions. It was a tragedy that out of all of them he was the one who got brain cancer, and a shame it seems like it his daughter isn't taking up his mantle (I think she could do wonders in restoring bi-partisanship). McCain stood for everything that Trump is not, he earned respect rather than demanding it, and I think it really bothers Trump that McCain was far more of a better man than Trump will ever be.

Watchmen

Premium Member
No apologies of any kind are owing to Donald Trump. And America, which is still "great" in terms of being a world power, is sadly not so great within its own borders. And what's worse, is now in the inevitable process of becoming less so on both counts...and a lot of that will be laid at Trump's feet.

He will eventually be considered, by future historians, as one of the worst, if not THE worst, presidents, while Obama will eventually rise to near the top of those ratings.

I say that as an outsider looking in. Those who think Trump is doing anything like MAGA I consider to be navel-gazers, looking in.
Either you’re in denial or are ignorant of Trump’s accomplishments.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not sure if Trump will be considered one of the worst (I don't see anyone taking that from Andrew Jackson), but no doubt history is going to look upon Obama very favorably. Catching the nation while it was in an economic tail spin, modernizing war with drones instead of boots (Star Trek didn't even see that one coming), highly charismatic, I wouldn't be surprised if history puts the blame of Gitmo reopening and shortcomings of the ACA squarely on Republicans who left a reputation of being destructively partisan and oppositional.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
History is not going to look favorably upon any president who separates families and locks children up in cages. That alone is likely to ensure Trump's place in history as one of the Presidential Villains in the Federal dramatis persona.

Bob the Unbeliever

trump is getting sick of all the things hes done.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Neither, sorry. Trump's "accomplishments" don't look like much from where I sit (Canada). And everybody, everywhere in the world is making a hugely egregious error in failing to understand how quickly, over the next very few years an decades, national borders are going to give way to the reality of an interconnected globe, where the vast majority of decisions in every area of life are going to be made by intelligences not even human. This is happening faster than anyone realizes, and none of us...especially the US...is ready.

I truly do not think anybody (with the possible exception of Juval Noah Harari) have really started to grasp how rapidly, and how much, our world is now changing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Mueller said I am not indicting anyone else. But if its bad enough to impeach him, I'm sure the Democrats will have the opportunity to do with what they want also. Anyways I'm still glad its over at least we can get through this now
The fact is that Mueller cannot indict Trump while he is in office. The Democrats could choose to impeach, but that is unlikely. Trump is doing more damage than good to the Republicans.

He could always be indicted once he leaves office. He is far from being off the hook. It was never Mueller's job to indict Trump. All he could do was to investigate and indict some of his errand boys.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Considering presidential records, rather than feelings about his
awful conduct, Trump will (so far) stack up well enuf against Obama,
& better than Dubya. But note the "so far". Things could change.

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
History is not going to look favorably upon any president who separates families and locks children up in cages. That alone is likely to ensure Trump's place in history as one of the Presidential Villains in the Federal dramatis persona.
Nice try. Same policies and practices existed under Obama.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Neither, sorry. Trump's "accomplishments" don't look like much from where I sit (Canada). And everybody, everywhere in the world is making a hugely egregious error in failing to understand how quickly, over the next very few years an decades, national borders are going to give way to the reality of an interconnected globe, where the vast majority of decisions in every area of life are going to be made by intelligences not even human. This is happening faster than anyone realizes, and none of us...especially the US...is ready.

I truly do not think anybody (with the possible exception of Juval Noah Harari) have really started to grasp how rapidly, and how much, our world is now changing.
Prison reform?
The eradication of ISIS?
A strong economy?
Really? Are you so jaded you can’t even admit any of his accomplishments?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Prison reform?
Prison reform that even supporters are saying isn't going far enough.
The eradication of ISIS?
Trump had nothing to do with it, they were militarily defeated before he became president, they still aren't eradicated (and handling their fighters who return home is going to be another issue), and it's been mostly Middle Easterners such as the Kurds and Iraqis who have been doing most of the fighting against ISIS.
A strong economy?
If this is a strong economy, the economy under Clinton must have been titanically epic.