• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's latest, latest dumb thing

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I challenge you to find posts to back up that claim.
I don't believe it.
He did it in this very thread.

What you believe or don't believe is your business. I'm not going to spend hours reviewing his every post and posting the results here. I stated what I believe.

shmogie

"Since his election, President Donald Trump has been obsessed with the nebulous specter of voter fraud. Despite little evidence that it exists in the form the Republican Party like to talk about — it’s usually imagined some kind of wild conspiracy involving undocumented immigrants being paid to vote for Democrats — Trump and others insist that it’s a real problem.

Well, a case in North Carolina has shown that voter fraud is a serious issue — just not in the way Republicans think. In the 9th District, the Republican candidate for Congress who had initially been declared the winner has been forced to call for another election as the evidence became overwhelming that a GOP operative engaged in a legal scheme to corrupt the vote.

Republicans have been conspicuously quiet about the issue. Clearly, they like using “voter fraud” as a bludgeon when they think they attack Democrats, but they have little interest in actually condemning such crimes when they happen on their side. But on Friday, a reporter finally had the chance to challenge Trump on the issue during a meeting with press in the Oval Office."

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/ac...DlV3yiEUy9oHwxjr2tugq0EAi7th9upj0Sx9-xiZoUgdE
Of course your conclusions are nonsense. Republicans are content to allow the system to work, when it does. There is no need for folderol when in fact remedies are in process.

Your minimization of democrat voter fraud is somewhat amusing.

Voter fraud has been a democrat tool since the civil war, when white southern democrats used fraud to overwhelm black Republican votes.

My father never voted. When I asked him why, he said that during the depression democrat organizers paid him a dollar a vote for democrat candidates. He voted four times that day, and never again because he felt that the will of the people was not reflected in elections. Some guys voted eight or ten times that day

In the 1960 election, Johnson delivered huge swathes of Texas votes to elect Kennedy, votes that were extremely questionable, with thousands being frauds. Nixon was expected to demand a recount with all the fraud evidence, but he said after a very divisive election, he did not want to create more division.

When democrats speak of voter suppression, they are saying that they do not want any interference in their ability to cheat, voting rules such as photo ID or citizenship questions are their enemies

In California, anyone with a drivers license can vote, and illegals get drivers licenses, who do you think they will vote for, those who recognize their illegality as wrong, or those who celebrate their illegality and enable them ?

Democrat mantras include ¨the end justifies the means¨ which is held by many.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Of course your conclusions are nonsense. Republicans are content to allow the system to work, when it does. There is no need for folderol when in fact remedies are in process.

Your minimization of democrat voter fraud is somewhat amusing.

Voter fraud has been a democrat tool since the civil war, when white southern democrats used fraud to overwhelm black Republican votes.

My father never voted. When I asked him why, he said that during the depression democrat organizers paid him a dollar a vote for democrat candidates. He voted four times that day, and never again because he felt that the will of the people was not reflected in elections. Some guys voted eight or ten times that day

In the 1960 election, Johnson delivered huge swathes of Texas votes to elect Kennedy, votes that were extremely questionable, with thousands being frauds. Nixon was expected to demand a recount with all the fraud evidence, but he said after a very divisive election, he did not want to create more division.

When democrats speak of voter suppression, they are saying that they do not want any interference in their ability to cheat, voting rules such as photo ID or citizenship questions are their enemies

In California, anyone with a drivers license can vote, and illegals get drivers licenses, who do you think they will vote for, those who recognize their illegality as wrong, or those who celebrate their illegality and enable them ?

Democrat mantras include ¨the end justifies the means¨ which is held by many.

hahaemoji.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Be careful what you wish for.
I got a lengthy series of lectures on what I believe, my
many faults, the inferiority of being white, & what would
be done to me if ever I set foot in "the hood".

You're lucky, I don't have that much time left..

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He did it in this very thread.

What you believe or don't believe is your business. I'm not going to spend hours reviewing his every post and posting the results here. I stated what I believe.
I've seen his posts too.
I say you're over-reaching on painting our friend as a defender of Trump's every action.
It's a bluff....a pretense....a false demonization.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I've seen his posts too.
I say you're over-reaching on painting our friend as a defender of Trump's every action.
It's a bluff....a pretense....a false demonization.
Can you find an example where he hasn't obsequiously defended Trump either overtly or covertly?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can you find an example where he hasn't obsequiously defended Trump either overtly or covertly?
Post #9 is one of many.
A vote against Trump is to not support him.
Criminy, even my vote for him was not to support him.

I see what you're up to here.
Trying to attack the poster, instead of the posts or the issues.
And he's somewhat guilty too, with the mirthful bit about
Trump living rent free in your mind. We'd all do well to stick
to the issues more, & each other less.

shmogie

You are the furthest of my mind. When I’m not at work and with my pretty woman I’m not thinking about y’all while y’all on here debating. Unlike some, I don’t seek to be a top poster I try and engage people when I have time here but I don’t seek to make this my life here nobody thinking about your tired self. I’m knee deep in some nookie.
You are doing it wrong ! Knee deep ? Gads

tytlyf

Not Religious
I voted for Gary Johnson, not that I believed he had a chance but I could not in good conscience vote for either Hillary or Trump and I was not going to feel forced to vote for one or the other just because they were the top contenders. It may have been a vote of protest in a way, a Libertarian voting Libertarian? Weird...
What would you recommend to Libertarians that don't vote libertarian? And prefer to support (R) tickets over (L) ones?

shmogie

What would you recommend to Libertarians that don't vote libertarian? And prefer to support (R) tickets over (L) ones?
In the final analysis, don´t we vote for candidates and not party affiliation ? An R candidate might be a better candidate than an L candidate for a Libertarian for a whole host of reasons.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To be fair @shmogie was partially right. There was talk about fraud, but that appears to be all that it was when investigated. And some did urge Nixon to challenge the election but he did turn them down:

"He told his friend, journalist Earl Mazo, that “our country cannot afford the agony of a constitutional crisis.” (Mazo had written a series of articles about voter fraud after the 1960 election, which he stopped at Nixon’s request.)"

The drama behind President Kennedy’s 1960 election win - National Constitution Center

This was perhaps the most decent thing that he did in his political career.

tas8831

What do you think happened in Texas? Are you implying that there was widespread voter fraud? I have never heard of any substantiated charges.
There never are - such charges, recent events show us, are primarily to divert attention form their own misdeeds. And by misdeeds I mean things like election fraud.