• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps Hanukah Message

Jake1001

Computer Simulator

During this holiday season, the First Lady and I send our warmest greetings to the millions of Jewish people in the United States and around the world as they begin the celebration of Hanukkah and the miracle that kept the flames of the menorah burning in the Second Temple for eight nights.

The candle-lighting tradition that began over 2,000 years ago is rooted in perseverance and faith—two virtues that are indicative of the Jewish culture and the Jewish faith.

This year’s observance of the Festival of Lights comes at a time when the unbreakable bond between the United States and Israel has never been stronger. Over the past four years, my Administration has stood in unwavering solidarity with the Jewish people. In recent months, we brokered historic peace deals between Israel and major Arab countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Sudan, ushering in unprecedented opportunities for enhancing stability and prosperity in the region. As we enter this season of celebration and reflection, we must continue to build on this progress and work toward a brighter and more secure future in the Middle East and around the world.

Over the next eight days, families and friends will gather to carry on the time-honored tradition of lighting the menorah. The First Lady and I wish you all a joyous celebration. Happy Hanukkah!”

Presidential Message on Hanukkah, 2020 | The White House

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Thoughts on the message ? Did Trump help Israel ? If so, why ? What about moving the embassy to Jerusalem, good or bad ? What about peace deals with UAE, Bahrain and Sudan, real or phony ?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thoughts on the message ? Did Trump help Israel ? If so, why ? What about moving the embassy to Jerusalem, good or bad ? What about peace deals with UAE, Bahrain and Sudan, real or phony ?
Whether or not the formal deals with those three countries are good or bad will be determined in the long run.

And good/bad for the embassy move etc depends on perspective. To me it increases the odds that long term Israel will cease to be a Jewish state and become multi-religious. Is that good or bad?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

During this holiday season, the First Lady and I send our warmest greetings to the millions of Jewish people in the United States and around the world as they begin the celebration of Hanukkah and the miracle that kept the flames of the menorah burning in the Second Temple for eight nights.

The candle-lighting tradition that began over 2,000 years ago is rooted in perseverance and faith—two virtues that are indicative of the Jewish culture and the Jewish faith.

This year’s observance of the Festival of Lights comes at a time when the unbreakable bond between the United States and Israel has never been stronger. Over the past four years, my Administration has stood in unwavering solidarity with the Jewish people. In recent months, we brokered historic peace deals between Israel and major Arab countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Sudan, ushering in unprecedented opportunities for enhancing stability and prosperity in the region. As we enter this season of celebration and reflection, we must continue to build on this progress and work toward a brighter and more secure future in the Middle East and around the world.

Over the next eight days, families and friends will gather to carry on the time-honored tradition of lighting the menorah. The First Lady and I wish you all a joyous celebration. Happy Hanukkah!”

Its simply diplomatic, and diplomacy is about overlooking details. You simply say whatever is necessary to maintain ties. Its when you speak about disagreements and uncomfortable truths that you are being undiplomatic.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Moving the embassy to Jerusalem = good... Because Israeli law is based on Human Dignity and Liberty, and as such, it is better than it's neighbors, and should be embraced internationally.

QuestioningMind

Trump didn't write that.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Whether or not the formal deals with those three countries are good or bad will be determined in the long run.

And good/bad for the embassy move etc depends on perspective. To me it increases the odds that long term Israel will cease to be a Jewish state and become multi-religious. Is that good or bad?
Does anyone think it could be a multi-religious Jewish state ?

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Its simply diplomatic, and diplomacy is about overlooking details. You simply say whatever is necessary to maintain ties. Its when you speak about disagreements and uncomfortable truths that you are being undiplomatic.
What do you believe the truth is ?

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Moving the embassy to Jerusalem = good... Because Israeli law is based on Human Dignity and Liberty, and as such, it is better than it's neighbors, and should be embraced internationally.
Do you think the non-Jews think its good ?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you believe the truth is ?
If I found the truth would I have the compassion to respond intelligently, or would I find that I was an animal? Life is filled with comforting lies, more than we know. The Buddhists speak about how some people are ready for enlightenment and some not. The Christians have a famous quote "He who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know." and "whoever would be wise let him become a fool, so he can become wise." Where did the Christians get that from? Probably its from Israel originally, because with its long history of invasions it went through a period much like modern Latvia. Every now and then a new conqueror would come through town, change everything, enforce a new idiology. The nature of truth was revealed in force as different truths were imposed upon the same people. The problem is that there actually can be multiple truths, and people can't deal with that. I can't. The very act of writing "There actually can be multiple truths" causes people to feel disgust, rage or to simply turn away and stop reading. We don't like this.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish brothers and sisters.

factoid: I recently heard that Jimmy Carter was the first President to have any kind of formal Hanukkah observance in the WH by lighting a menorah candle. Every President since has too.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
If I found the truth would I have the compassion to respond intelligently, or would I find that I was an animal? Life is filled with comforting lies, more than we know. The Buddhists speak about how some people are ready for enlightenment and some not. The Christians have a famous quote "He who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know." and "whoever would be wise let him become a fool, so he can become wise." Where did the Christians get that from? Probably its from Israel originally, because with its long history of invasions it went through a period much like modern Latvia. Every now and then a new conqueror would come through town, change everything, enforce a new idiology. The nature of truth was revealed in force as different truths were imposed upon the same people. The problem is that there actually can be multiple truths, and people can't deal with that. I can't. The very act of writing "There actually can be multiple truths" causes people to feel disgust, rage or to simply turn away and stop reading. We don't like this.

Thank you, Brick, for your keen observations. Are you a Trumpanzee (Trump enthusiast) or Re-Trump-lican?