• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Greenland fantasy

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Just as long as they don't have children, right?

I'm in favor of sterilization of anybody having procreated more than 3 offspring; the exception of this rule being somebody living in a sparsely populated area like Russians, Eskimos, or Nordics.

Last edited:

Nimos

Perhaps if Denmark won't sell Greenland, then she could be persuaded to give the U.S. control of Greenland in exchange for Denmark getting control of Puerto Rico.
I think Denmark should buy Hawaii from the US... that would be great, wouldn't it?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Dayum!
I thought I was a haardss. I would only sterilize people who pop out babies that they aren't willing and able to properly parent.
Take care of your progeny and I wouldn't get involved.
Tom

Overpopulation is a serious problem; please let us agree those who over-multiply should be fixed in order to prevent them from further over multiplying .

Nimos

Denmark couldn't afford to buy Hawaii. Furthermore, Pearl Harbor is too valuable of a naval base for the U.S. to either sell or trade away.
Hawaii can't be that expensive, we just borrow the money, also the volcanoes should reduce the price a bit. Looking at the size of it, its only roughly half as big as Denmark. Its nothing compared to the size of Greenland.

Hawaii
Areal: 28.311 km²

Denmark
Areal: 42.933 km²

Greenland
Areal: 2.166.000 km²

Looking at the US debt, Im not sure how they plan to pay for Greenland either? :D
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Overpopulation is a serious problem; please let us agree those who over-multiply should be fixed in order to prevent them from further over multiplying .
Sorry, no.
If a couple take good care of their children I'm not going to get involved.
It's the people who have even one that they can't take care of, or decide to abort, I have a problem with.

You sound like the Communist Chinese and their "one child" policy, you know that?
Tom

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Hawaii can't be that expensive, we just borrow the money, also the volcanoes should reduce the price a bit. Looking at the size of it, its only roughly half as big as Denmark. Its nothing compared to the size of Greenland.

Hawaii
Areal: 28.311 km²

Denmark
Areal: 42.933 km²

Greenland
Areal: 2.166.000 km²

Looking at the US debt, Im not sure how they would plan on paying for Greenland either? :D
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

If Denmark were to make an offer for buying Hawaii from the United States, I'd expect our nation to kindly refuse this offer. Imo, Puerto Rico would be a better place for the United States to sell in order to bring down our national debt.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Sorry, no.
If a couple take good care of their children I'm not going to get involved.
It's the people who have even one that they can't take care of, or decide to abort, I have a problem with.

You sound like the Communist Chinese and their "one child" policy, you know that?
Tom

I've always thought the "one child" policy was too strict. China's "2 child policy" offers sufficient enough population control there.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm in favor of sterilization of anybody having procreated more than 3 offspring; the exception of this rule being somebody living in a sparsely populated area like Russians, Eskimos, or Nordics.
Forced sterilization of innocent people is a bit much, although I'd agree that some people should not breed at all (like my upstairs neighbor who already has 3-4 kids and is a waste of space).

Nimos

If Denmark were to make an offer for buying Hawaii from the United States, I'd expect our nation to kindly refuse this offer. Imo, Puerto Rico would be a better place for the United States to sell in order to bring down our national debt.
Puerto Rico is only 9.104 km², so we could buy that as well, it still way lower than the size of Denmark and we have a good economy so should be ok.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I've always thought the "one child" policy was too strict. China's "2 child policy" offers sufficient enough population control there.
I'm a little too libertarian to give the government that much control over my life, as long as I'm taking care of my own business.

I just found out today. The government now requires me to have a special seat belt for my dog in the car. If they catch me driving with my 12 pound dog unrestrained, my dog gets confiscated and I have to pay a $75 fine and then a $10/day fee to the government agency that takes her(as many days as it takes me to pay the fine).

I live in a very red, Trump supporting, state. I guess this is what passes for small government conservativism in the Trump era.
Tom

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Puerto Rico is only 9.104 km², so we could buy that as well, it still way lower than the size of Denmark and we have a good economy so should be ok.

I think that'd be great if Denmark were able to help the United States bring down its national debt by way of buying Puerto Rico.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think that'd be great if Denmark were able to help the United States bring down its national debt by way of buying Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico isn't worth much.
Maybe $10, it's kind of a fixer upper. Does the whole thing even have electricity yet?
Tom

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Puerto Rico isn't worth much.
Maybe $10, it's kind of a fixer upper. Does the whole thing even have electricity yet?
Tom

Puerto Rico took 18 months to fully restore electricity after Hurricane Maria.

Puerto Rico Power Fully Restored 18 Months After Hurricane Maria Wiped Out the Grid | The Weather Channel

There's a good chance Puerto Rico could once again soon be devastated by another Major Hurricane.

"Hurricane Maria exacerbated problems for Puerto Rico’s already-struggling real estate market — creating opportunities and pitfalls alike for would-be home buyers.

The storm, which devastated much of the Caribbean last fall, caused home prices to drop 15%, to an average median home price of $116,750, according a recent report from real-estate website Point2 Homes. In some areas though, the storm left the housing market in even more dire straits.

In the town of Humacao, the median home price fell from $250,000 in 2016 to just $97,250 as of March. A similar situation can be seen in other popular parts of the territory, including the capital of San Juan, where prices have dropped nearly 50% over the past two years."

Home prices are plummeting in Puerto Rico—what buyers need to know

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

While over population is perhaps our most urgent problem, the solution has to be compassionate. How about giving graduating retirement bonuses to women who have had 2, 1, or 0 children?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

A random sample of ca. 360 properties with a combined land size of ca. 5,100 acres in Puerto Rico listed for sale on Zillow at an aggregate price of ca. $310 million; this equals a value of ca. $60,785 per acre.

https://www.zillow.com/pr/land/

Puerto Rico has ca. 1.8 million acres of non-mountainous or non-heavily forested terrain; so then this would put the property valuation of Puerto Rico at ca. ( 1.8 million acres * $60, 785/acre ) $108 billion.