• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps golf club hired undocumented illegal immigrants

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Should he be investigated and prosecuted for this? I say yes considering the fact that Trumps own beliefs and laws he has made about immigrants are so harsh and mean !Hes a hypocrit! Here is the source
Lawyer alleges Trump golf club hired undocumented immigrants, calls for investigation

The referenced article says the illegal immigrants were hired after presenting bogus social security cards and green cards, and Trump National Golf Club's HR in Jersey was not required to vet worker immigration status with E-verify. So then, there was nothing illegal about the hiring practices of Trump National Golf Club.

Riders

The referenced article says the illegal immigrants were hired after presenting bogus social security cards and green cards, and Trump National Golf Club's HR in Jersey was not required to vet worker immigration status with E-verify. So then, there was nothing illegal about the hiring practices of Trump National Golf Club.

Obviously not especially sense the state of New Jersey is filing a suit or criminal case.They must be really ignorant.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There is not one single quote from President Trump in that article.
So what. Imagine that it was President Hillary Clinton in the same situation. I'll bet every dollar I have that the right would explode with indignation and demands that they "lock her up" because "she should have known" etc.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So what. Imagine that it was President Hillary Clinton in the same situation. I'll bet every dollar I have that the right would explode with indignation and demands that they "lock her up" because "she should have known" etc.

Isn't the question whether you think that's right, though?
Otherwise you're purely being reactionary.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They would.
And then all would lose interest in the faux controversy.
This too will happen with Trump.
(There are always bigger & newer fish to fry.)

I'm not saying it's right....just what happens.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
They would.
And then all would lose interest in the faux controversy.
This too will happen with Trump.
(There are always bigger & newer fish to fry.)

I'm not saying it's right....just what happens.
At some point the U.S. is going to have to be honest about immigration. The problem with your immigration policy is not that it is too strict, or to generous. The problem is that it is based on self-deception. Everybody knows that your labour force requires illegal immigrants, and everybody pretends it doesn’t.

If the right wants to continue scoring points by demonizing immigrants, at some point they are going to be forced to deal with this reality.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The problem with your immigration policy is not that it is too strict, or to generous.
Hey, don't blame me...it's not my policy.
No one ever called me to even ask my opinion.
The problem is that it is based on self-deception. Everybody knows that your labour force requires illegal immigrants, and everybody pretends it doesn’t.

If the right wants to continue scoring points by demonizing immigrants, at some point they are going to be forced to deal with this reality.
You don't understand us.
Some think we need a lot of foreign labor.
Some think we don't.
And some even oppose letting illegals work at all here....but
want our social safety net (weak though it be) to support them.
They're not all the same people.

If I had my way, we'd have a policy more like Canuckistan's.
Base it upon merit.
Let in a few persecuted souls.
Make it well defined & efficient.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
At least some of Trump's companies have hired undocumented aliens before, so what's new. Donald is rather well known for talking-the-talk but not getting around to walking-the-walk, as basically he's the Con-Artist-In-Chief.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Some think we need a lot of foreign labor.
Some think we don't.
And some even oppose letting illegals work at all here....but
want our social safety net (weak though it be) to support them.
They're not the same people
Some people think the world is flat, some people think it is more roundish. Some people think climate change is a serious problem, some people think it is a hoax by the Chinese. Some people are right, and some people are wrong. I know that might seem harsh in this era of alternative facts and counter narratives, but some things are true and some things are not.

Now before you accuse me again of setting myself up as the grand arbitrator of truth, that is not what I am doing. But nor will I accept the nonsense that all opinions are equal. They just aren’t.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
At least some of Trump's companies have hired undocumented aliens before, so what's new. Donald is rather well known for talking-the-talk but not getting around to walking-the-walk, as basically he's the Con-Artist-In-Chief.
Considering the high degree of illegal hiring in the construction business, this is highly unlikely to be a first for Trump & Co.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some people think the world is flat, some people think it is more roundish. Some people think climate change is a serious problem, some people think it is a hoax by the Chinese. Some people are right, and some people are wrong. I know that might seem harsh in this era of alternative facts and counter narratives, but some things are true and some things are not.

Now before you accuse me again of setting myself up as the grand arbitrator of truth, that is not what I am doing. But nor will I accept the nonsense that all opinions are equal. They just aren’t.
I know you're aiming for the "false equivalency" argument.
But it doesn't even remotely apply.
The point is to not lump all people into a single group sharing all beliefs.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Should he be investigated and prosecuted for this? I say yes considering the fact that Trumps own beliefs and laws he has made about immigrants are so harsh and mean !Hes a hypocrit! Here is the source
Lawyer alleges Trump golf club hired undocumented immigrants, calls for investigation
It is highly unlikely that Trump personally oversees the hiring in any of his companies. Why would anyone think this was a big deal (other than the amusing optics)? I don't get it. If Trump wanted to get behind this, he could always have the person who hired the undocumented workers fired.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As a second generation American, I measure all policies against what would have happened to my father and mother under them. They were fleeing Russia for the same reasons that many are fleeing in South America today. They were let in under very open immigration policies, worked hard and made a decent life for themselves and me. Their friends who also came in under those circumstances did the same.

They had to pass a health check at Ellis Island and a pretty perfunctory review including the ability to support themselves to be allowed in.

I would add a bit of checking in today's world - check against known terrorists or membership in terrorist organizations to that check.

That's what I favor today.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Besides, at least for Christians, this should carry some weight:

47351317_1026901220831301_4379797057624342528_n.jpg

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Obviously not especially sense the state of New Jersey is filing a suit or criminal case.They must be really ignorant.

The state of New Jersey can't prove Trump knew his business was employing illegal immigrants. Fortunately, the POTUS has loyal and dedicated fall guys to take the blame away from the President. Honestly, I've hired Mexican roofers whom I'm not sure were legal immigrant workers. Anyways, how can we always be sure our cooks, maids, gardeners or maintenance workers are legal immigrants?