1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's 'Fake News'

Discussion in 'Political Debates' started by Sleeppy, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Sleeppy

Sleeppy Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.

Ratings:
    +406
    So today, Trump admits the Trump Tower meeting with Don Jr. was for the purpose of collecting "information on an opponent."

1) Previously, it was simply about Russian adoption.

2) Don Jr's public statement was originally his own statement, but eventually morphed into a statement dictated by Trump.

--

Anyone want to compile a list?

What else has Trump said, that turned out to be 'fake news'?

--This is the topic; we're not discussing Hillary or Obama, or anyone else but Trump and his statements.

BTW, in honor of The Lord's Day:

Luke 12:3
    Whatever in the darkness you said, in the light shall be heard: and what to the ear you spake in the inner-chambers, shall be proclaimed upon the house-tops.

John 8:12
    Again, therefore, Jesus spake to them, saying, `I am the light of the world; he who is following me shall not walk in the darkness, but he shall have the light of the life.'

Let's all celebrate these forthcoming revelations for the sake of being Pro-Life, i.e truth-seekers and followers, if nothing else!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,051
    In addition, did Trump declare California a disaster area? I find it on the Internet, but not on CNN.

3. TheBannerofHomuraAkemi

TheBannerofHomuraAkemi Active Member

Ratings:
    +415
    Religion:
    Madokaism
    Trump tends to call anything he disagree's with fake news. When I hear this I mostly just roll my eyes and move on to better things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Altfish

Altfish Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,084
    Religion:
    Humanist
    Rule of thumb, if Trump calls it Fake News, it is probably true.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Phantasman

Phantasman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Religion:
    Christian gnosis
    Not much news anymore, fake or otherwise. It's all become speculations and opinions. Just choose what sounds good and follow.

6. Reaper

Reaper Ave Satanas

Ratings:
    +77
    Religion:
    TST Satanist/Animist
    In general it seems he designates anything he disagrees with to be "fake news". It also seems that this "fake news" is often true.

7. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +16,258
    Religion:
    ecumenical & naturalistic Catholic
    And here's the implication that's too easy to miss, and that is, not only did Trump repeatedly lie (certainly not new news), but now there can be a case made that this went beyond "collusion" and into "conspiracy", the latter of which is criminal.

Also, Donald Jr. can be tried for perjury as he's in a legal world of hurt.

8. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +14,407
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    I want a red ball cap that says fake news. I'd wear it proudly.

9. Falvlun

Falvlun Earthbending Lemur
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,315
    This is not speculation. Trump is on record claiming multiple, contradicting stories about the Trump Tower meeting. Since all cannot be true, he definitely has lied about the meeting.

10. Frog

Frog Cult of Kek.

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    Occult philosopher
    Most Trump voter get there information in online networks where it can be tossed around debated, proven or refuted. It is actually healthier to get information online than on TV. Many of the fake news networks will have the comment section removed off their platforms as to not let people debate or call out their fake and bias made up sources. It should be labeled fake news if they don't allow people to debate the topic collectively. Its like they expect us to have all the answers but now they want all the answers to come from them, not group discussion with the truth of the matter just clicks away.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,051

Being my usual snotty self, I think the Trump folk have special labels printed for beer bottles, so their voters can be properly informed, Burp !

12. Frog

Frog Cult of Kek.

Ratings:
    +53
    Religion:
    Occult philosopher
    So you would stereotype a whole country for what they believe? People who have no belief do not vote. It is quite true that projections are birthed from a source, so do tell, to which temple doest thou cometh ?