• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's divisive Comments

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I agree. But that is utilitarism, isn't it? Taking one life is better than taking two. Which tranlsates into lives having a finite value.

I believe utilitarism is meaningful, and I am not even sure about it, only under a naturalistic assumption.

Don't you think?

Ciao

- viole
I think utilitarianism in this specific context is ok.

outhouse

Atheistically
Only if they believe that it should be utilized in the US or other non-Muslim countries.

These from my perspective are faith based beliefs, brainwashed since birth.

I don't think changing geographic locations changes this long held tradition of faith.

Do you think changing geographic locations means they will change faith? I don't, they think god does everything regardless if their book is plagiarized mythology or not. And me and you know it is. So does the whole non Islamic world.

Its like saying if a YEC moves to another part of the world they will believe in evolution now. We know they will not accept facts.

Remember all of islam is required to hold fanaticism tightly.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Absolutely.. no one said it was ok.
but nothing is done.
That's because there is too much polarization on the issue. We live in a representative democracy. Thus, no law can pass through the legislature unless it has enough votes. Right now, the republicans, many of them gun-rights advocates, have the majority in both the house and the senate. Until that changes, gun laws will stay the same most likely. Sad but true. But, freedom requires taking the bad with the good.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
So you want both, not just one?

I did not say that.
But I would far rather see no more domestic shootings, than a possible few terrorist ones.

in any event, from the experiences of terrorist deaths, nearly all have been by native born citizens of the country.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Stalin was raised a Christian and that is where he learned his values.
Just because he was raised Christian doesn't mean he was a Christian or that his actions can be attributed to Christianity. That's like trying to say that a significant portion of American atheists are not atheists because they were born and raised Christian, but that is just not the case.
Do you want to gamble someone else's life with the 1/3 ish that can turn violent at a moments notice because of mythology they don't even understand?
"1/3ish" is way too high of a number as there aren't that many that support violent ways and even in the Muslim-majority countries there is a wide-range of views on what should apply and what shouldn't. But how about we do something with cars? There are many auto-wrecks, with many of them fatal. But we don't seem to mind taking that gamble. We are much more likely to be shot and killed by a non-terrorist American, but despite terrible gun regulations and enforcement we are unwilling to do anything about guns even though mass-shootings happen daily. We are put in far greater danger from agriculture and chemical companies, with spills, leaks, dumps, and toxic ingredients poisoning the masses, but we do very little about it and if you speak against it you might get denounced as a comy and un-American.

outhouse

Atheistically
But I would far rather see no more domestic shootings, than a possible few terrorist ones.

Agreed but it misses the whole important point.

Israel has borders that keep muslims out do they not? jews enjoy this act? Should we open the borders of Israel?

I asked a simple straight forward question and you ducked and dodged it.

How many deaths is acceptable before something should be done ?

And what is wrong about stopping the enemy from entering the country?

outhouse

Atheistically
Just because he was raised Christian doesn't mean he was a Christian or that his actions can be attributed to Christianity.

That right

It cannot be attributed to religion or lack of

because that is not what it was about. It was political not theist or atheist based.

outhouse

Atheistically
We are much more likely to be shot and killed by a non-terrorist American

There is a factual number here, that needs to be addressed not ignored.

At least Trump did not dodge the hard questions in life.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Agreed but it misses the whole important point.

Israel has borders that keep muslims out do they not? jews enjoy this act? Should we open the borders of Israel?

I asked a simple straight forward question and you ducked and dodged it.

And what is wrong about stopping the enemy from entering the country?

I was not aware that Muslims were the enemy...
I think it perfectly logical to refuse entry to known terrorists or sympathisers.
However the proven danger has so far come from radicalised muslim citizens of the USA.

outhouse

Atheistically
I was not aware that Muslims were the enemy...
I think it perfectly logical to refuse entry to known terrorists or sympathisers.
However the proven danger has so far come from radicalised muslim citizens of the USA.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
forgot 9/11 ? ?

I did not say all muslims
why should I forget 9/11 was not that inspired and carried out by Bin larden and his Saudi henchmen.
Do you propose to keep out Saudis now. I thought they were your partners.

So you want to let some mMuslims in but not others.