• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's divisive Comments

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
You think people who only wish to protect our citizens should be labeled conservative, extremists. ?

I think your comment was as out of context as much as this statement "Would you hand a terrorist his gun after he dropped it because your so liberal"

There is a balance here to maintaining safety, and if you think letting the enemy pour into the country by the thousand or hundreds of thousand's, is a good idea, you might be sorely mistaken.

You don't know God to this point? If the enemy is outside, be assured there are more of them inside, some of them descendents of evils wrought since the inception of this nation.

Your heritage is violence. You don't understand that you're praying to the wrong God; expecting peace when you war against God's children, yourself included.

Violence has to be stopped in the minds of men. You'll never keep your enemy out. You are your enemy.

JoStories

Liberal agenda placed us in this problem. Its why Trump is being well received for his comments.

Your a self proclaimed pacifist, how many American lives have to be murdered in cold cowardly blood before you would do something?
Trump is most definitely not well received up in my neck of the woods and his continued blatant Islamophobic comments are clearly racist. Last I heard, 2 countries are going to refuse him entrance; the UK and Russia. What kind of a president would be actually elect that cannot participate in world affairs? His ideas run contrary to the UN and since that group has its central office in NY, doesn;t it make sense to want to keep the UN here? If Trump carries on, the could leave. What then? Have multiple countries decide they don't want the arrogance of this country anymore and just bomb us to death? And btw...Trump's polling results show him dropping quite significantly. I, for one, see him as one of the biggest embarassments of recent years. One can only hope that he and his hideous comb over toupe would just go away.

s13ep

It's a problem that goes unnoticed by many; good, western people have no time to be diluted, or dimmed down, in a world that's ever changing, of people with changing temperaments, and a changing environment.

If the power was to suddenly change hands, Islamic Terrorists would commit to all the seemingly bad things that some western people only speak and dream of...

It's because some harmless and irrelevant to the matter western people think it will never change hands, that nothing is done about the pre-determined crisis of mixing people of different race and creed.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Liberal agenda placed us in this problem. Its why Trump is being well received for his comments.

Your a self proclaimed pacifist, how many American lives have to be murdered in cold cowardly blood before you would do something?

With me none would have died. With you people are killed, or exploited, not with me. With me, men will have peace with themselves and their brothers. But with you, killing is perpetuated, not saving lives.

You're familiar with Cain's sign? You know Cain, because he kills his brothers to have peace with himself. He carries a weapon in order to protect himself from his own flesh and blood, because he's a murderer himself. He doesn't seek peace with himself; he would rather alienate and eliminate.

American lives are not yours to save, and neither is your own. You would much rather spend time collecting paper notes, to spend on weaponry, and sending yourselves to war because you are disposable, than giving time toward peace- toward pacifism.

outhouse

Atheistically
American lives are not yours to save, and neither is your own.

False.

I have saved my life many times, and tried saving a friend and that failed.

But one thing is certain your mythology factually has nothing to do with my life

outhouse

Atheistically
Here is a fact, some faiths are dangerous.

Some are more dangerous then others.

There is nothing wrong with keeping a more dangerous faith out of the country.

We all know Trump made a sound bite and nothing more. Its amazing how many people take his statements out of context.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Mr Trump was in the news recently threatening to keep out muslims from the US - he wants to hold a religious test in which muslims will automatically fail. But change the word US to Heaven and isn't it what religions like Christianity and Islam have been saying for centuries now? Heaven is segregated by religion, God will hold a religious test - you get a pass only if you are a Christian or Muslim, respectively, and others like us Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists are turned away - worse, we must suffer in hell for our "crime" of religion. Does this not remind you of Jews in Germany, seen not as human beings but seen only for their religion, hated, discriminated and sent to mass extermination camps - amazingly that is the view being expounded by the dominant religions of the day

While Mr Trump has been mocked soundly and rightly, no one holds the dominant religions to the same standard - a case of might makes right? A case of Victor's writing history books?

Funny thing though is that when faced with discrimination, there is instant enlightenment. Whether it is Christians under ISIS or muslims facing persecution as in the above, we get - "We should not judge people by religion, we are all human beings with families, loved ones, with hopes and desires like everyone else etc etc" - but once they become the majority, face no more discrimination, back comes the "you are all going to hell because you do not believe as we do etc etc".

Honestly, religious people are some of the most immoral people on this planet
I agree. I find it very troubling when people who call themselves Christians adhere to the idea that salvation can only be achieved if one is a Christian. They think they get a free-pass because it has to do with their faith, but that will soon change. More and more, people aren't willing to put-up with prejudiced views/beliefs regarding God's will. Religions who refuse to change will eventually disappear.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It's quite fascinating seeing how you give the impression that you actually care about loss of human life but think atomic bombs are fine.
What is it? You can't have it both ways.
This is completely unreasonable. Most people "have it both ways" in regards to the bombs dropped on Japan. It can be easily seen that the dropping of those atomic bombs ended up saving way more lives than it cost. Just do yourself a favor and do some research into the alternative plan of invading Japan to end the war. Far more lives would have been lost. But, I guess if you are naive enough to think that we should have just let the Empire of Japan "be", there is nothing that can be said. I wouldn't say that they were as evil as the Germans at that time, but they were certainly pretty close.

Japanese War Crimes during WW2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Here is a fact, some faiths are dangerous.
Here is a fact: some people are dangerous. Some far more so than others. Atheist regimes have done some very terrible things, but we don't try to keep them out. Christians have done very cruel and horrible things, but we don't try to keep them out (to the contrary, we protect the "right" to be a Nazi, Aryan Nation, or Klansman).
The vast majority of Muslims are not dangerous. That is a fact.

outhouse

Atheistically
This is completely unreasonable. Most people "have it both ways" in regards to the bombs dropped on Japan. It can be easily seen that the dropping of those atomic bombs ended up saving way more lives than it cost. Just do yourself a favor and do some research into the alternative plan of invading Japan to end the war. Far more lives would have been lost. But, I guess if you are naive enough to think that we should have just let the Empire of Japan "be", there is nothing that can be said. I wouldn't say that they were as evil as the Germans at that time, but they were certainly pretty close.

Japanese War Crimes during WW2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes)

Thank you. Some do not understand what the axis of evil even was.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You threw 2 atomic bombs on Japan killing hundred of thousands of innocent people and made millions of people refugees and orphans. The people in America who happened to be Japanese were arrested and thrown in concetration camps for having Japanese ancestors.
And yet, if you did a bit of research into what Japan was doing at the time, you would easily come to the conclusion that they had to be stopped. I agree that the internment camps for japanese citizens was atrocious, the bombs saved a lot more lives than they took.

outhouse

Atheistically
Atheist regimes have done some very terrible things

No they have not. People always take this garbage out of context.

Stalin was raised a Christian, and his motives were all political.

Hitler perverted religion to his own ends.

Mao was also political.

We are talking about todays world, and in todays world the Islamic faith is factually the most dangerous.

The vast majority of Muslims are not dangerous. That is a fact.

True. But you want to gamble someone else's life with the 1/3 ish that can turn violent at a moments notice because of mythology they don't even understand?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You don't know God to this point? If the enemy is outside, be assured there are more of them inside, some of them descendents of evils wrought since the inception of this nation.

Your heritage is violence. You don't understand that you're praying to the wrong God; expecting peace when you war against God's children, yourself included.

Violence has to be stopped in the minds of men. You'll never keep your enemy out. You are your enemy.
What does this even mean?

outhouse

Atheistically
I agree that the internment camps for japanese citizens was atrocious,

No one is saying we should put muslims in camps either.

That was just typical Islamic diversion away from the truth of the matter, by a supporter of caliphate ideology.

Lets do a poll, is caliphate ideology primitive?