• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Conviction and the 6th Amendment.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Calling free speech being exercised as an attack is spreading disinformation. Naughty, naughty!
No, he regularly lied about the jury before he was warned and put under a gag rule. That could threaten the jury. You keep forgetting that a LOT of violent idiots are Trump supporters. Once again, the First Amendment is about political speech. That does not qualify as political speech. Do you need a link? The same applies to his lies about the judges daughter. And about the prosecutor. And about the witnesses. And about the judges staff and even the judge himself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Once again, I see your words, but no citation.
Have you forgotten the rules of polite and legitimate debate again?
I have never forgotten it. That is you. Be polite and ask when you do not understand something and I will give you the evidence that you should already know.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To make sure there was enough room for everyone. Much easier to have that at an outdoor event.
In the summer. And yes, it is summer in Vegas at this time of the year. The official beginning of summer is rather meaningless. I know. I live in the Puget Sound area where one year I had to turn on my heat on July 3rd.

I do give you credit for at least trying to answer the question but your answer is rather poor. It is time to face facts, the man is losing mental capacity at a frightening rate. And he did not have all that much to lose to begin with.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, as long as you're the ultimate judge of whether or not your personal attacks are legitimate or not, I'll let you be the judge, judge.
What?? Now you appear to be contradicting yourself. The judge put the gag order on Trump due to his improper and possibly illegal attacks on various people associated with his case.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, he regularly lied about the jury before he was warned and put under a gag rule. That could threaten the jury. You keep forgetting that a LOT of violent idiots are Trump supporters. Once again, the First Amendment is about political speech. That does not qualify as political speech. Do you need a link? The same applies to his lies about the judges daughter. And about the prosecutor. And about the witnesses. And about the judges staff and even the judge himself.

Those people spoke against Trump, so Trump had the Constitutional right to defend himself with a response.

Laniakea

Not of this world
They did hire extra medics, loaded up on more fans and bottled water and let supporters carry umbrellas... All to help battle the heat.
On top of that, they allowed people who wanted to stay to stay, and those who wanted to leave were allowed to leave.
I don't think Hitler would have allowed people to leave when they wanted to.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Uh, let's talk about Trump, not biden.​
Good idea, to apply:

the man is losing mental capacity at a frightening rate. And he did not have all that much to lose to begin with.​
to Trump instead of Biden you will need to multiply it by at least a factor of 2.
And that is giving Trump a seriously over confident benefit of the doubt.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To make sure there was enough room for everyone. Much easier to have that at an outdoor event.
Cheaper. The Trump campaign has been impoverished by a relative lack of mega-donors and diverting funds toward his legal bills. Trump's rallies aren't much of a draw any more, and Las Vegas has plenty of convention centers.
Those people spoke against Trump, so Trump had the Constitutional right to defend himself with a response.
Apparently not, at least not in the manner he chose. He could have testified if he thought he had something important to say.
On top of that, they allowed people who wanted to stay to stay, and those who wanted to leave were allowed to leave. I don't think Hitler would have allowed people to leave when they wanted to.
Neither would Trump if he had any say. Trump doesn't have Hitler's power, although he envies and aspires to it.

You heard him tell those people that he didn't care about them, just their vote. He was talking to all of MAGA. You should believe him, at least the part about not caring about them. He wants more than your vote. He wants your money, too.

He also told his thinning crowd that he was unhappy that people were more concerned with them than with his comfort in case you have any doubt where his loyalties lie.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, he didn.t. Hence the gag order.

He does have the right to defend himself in court though. Which his lawyers attempted to do.
When people speak publicly about him, he has every right to publicly respond.
If you don't like it, petition your liberal democrat reps to throw out the Constitution.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
When people speak publicly about him, he has every right to publicly respond.
If you don't like it, petition your liberal democrat reps to throw out the Constitution.
Reality overrides your feelings.

He was not allowed to say whatever he wanted about the jury. That's why he was slapped with the gag order. That's why he had to pay the fines.
Gag orders aren't some new thing they came up with to get Trump. This is standard procedure.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Reality overrides your feelings.

He was not allowed to say whatever he wanted about the jury. That's why he was slapped with the gag order. That's why he had to pay the fines.
Gag orders aren't some new thing they came up with to get Trump. This is standard procedure.
The Constitution isn't my feelings. It's the reality you choose to ignore.