• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps bill voted down?

Riders

I hear Trumps health care bill is bored down and they bored to debate health care bill instead.Whats going on with that?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
2 minute comment by Senator McCain. He briefly describes what went wrong.

Riders

He voted to debate the bill not to pass the bill.thats good. He's not voting it in.But the battle is beginning.they don't have support for any of the bills it'll be up in the air for awhile.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought the Republicans controlled both houses and the presidency. Shouldn't that be game over?

Riders

I thought the Republicans controlled both houses and the presidency. Shouldn't that be game over?

Republicans aren't voting for Trumps bill neither is Mccain.He is voting to debate it but and they consider debate small victory .But sense Republicans aren't voting forvthe bill it really isn't.

They have as if yet to come up with a bill that will pass.

tytlyf

Not Religious
It was voted down because the GOP establishment wanted to give the health care corporations $300 billion of my fellow middle classers' tax dollars. Just to fatten their pockets. Thanks republicans!

Trickle down works because if you give corporations tax-relief, they'll create more jobs because they'll invest that money in new employees and technologies.

Everyone knows that corporations hire more people than they need for cost reasons.

esmith

Veteran Member
I think you are mistaken in your statement that it was "Trump's bill". The last time I checked the Constitution the President can not bring a bill to the Senate floor.
Just being picky.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
I think you are mistaken in your statement that it was "Trump's bill". The last time I checked the Constitution the President can not bring a bill to the Senate floor.
Just being picky.
He seems a bit confused on that point, judging by his remarks to the press.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I think you are mistaken in your statement that it was "Trump's bill".
Trumpcare is a failure, trainwreck and in a death spiral. Let it self-implode so Americans can finally have cheaper healthcare.

Republicans don't work for the middle class. They'll tell you they do though...

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Since Trump endorsed the bill and said it should be passed, it's "Trump's bill".

tytlyf

Not Religious
Are you sure it's not "The Fart of the Deal", especially since he's been sued over 1000 times?
That's just evidence that he steps on people and think he's above everyone else. Even the American government.

Are any of Trump's products "Made in the U.S.A?"

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That's just evidence that he steps on people and think he's above everyone else. Even the American government.
Yep.

Are any of Trump's products "Made in the U.S.A?"
According to one news station several weeks ago that went through the list of products he sells, only a small minority.

Some I think forget the main theme of "The Art of the Deal" and that is to do whatever it takes to sell the product. In my day and age, we often referred to these people as "snake-oil salesmen". Trump "uses" people, much like we've seen him do with Sessions and some others, as he can be your BFF-- until he has no need for you.