• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Benghazi

Audie

Veteran Member
Your memory is only half right - it was about the video. State reacted immediately and troops were sent in - sadly too late, but they were sent.

You are also ignoring that State asked Congress for more money to properly staff that, and other at-risk locations. Congress refused.

If you are satisfied that due diligence was done,
I am not. I doubt israel or Russia would have
failed to act.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The difference is mountains vs. molehills.

I remember when conservatives were whining about how often Obama played golf. Yet when Trump far surpassed Obama's time spent on the courses, those who were whining are now mysteriously silent.
And let's not forget the squeals of "lock her up."

Happy birthday, old timer. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I remember when conservatives were whining about how often Obama played golf. Yet when Trump far surpassed Obama's time spent on the courses, those who were whining are now mysteriously silent.
And now we've squeals of "lock him up".
Let's hope that 2020 has much less squealing overall.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And now we've squeals of "lock him up".
Let's hope that 2020 has much less squealing overall.

My point is about consistency. People either care about law, ethics, morality, etc. or they don't. You don't get to flip-flop based on the accused's political affiliation, or presume innocence or guilt based solely on it.

sooda

Veteran Member
If you are satisfied that due diligence was done,
I am not. I doubt israel or Russia would have
failed to act.

There were 22 US embassies on alert the week of the Benghazi attack.. They were under siege by protesters and rioters. Fox ran a map all week of the locations.

Audie

Veteran Member
There were 22 US embassies on alert the week of the Benghazi attack.. They were under siege by protesters and rioters. Fox ran a map all week of the locations.

That makes the negligence that much worse, doesnt it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The actions of politicians should be carefully scrutinized by the voters.

Yeah, but your use of the word "carefully" seems to imply something different from how I would prefer to see it applied.

What I see here is reckless scrutiny, based on partisan politics. And then using tu quoque fallacies in hopes of causing problems where no problems actually exist.

sooda

Veteran Member
O

That is an intellegence, dilligence failure.
Failure to respond is a whole lot worse.

Well, the Annex was a CIA covert action to monitor the Eastern tribes.. They were all linguists and translators.. Wouldn't they be considered intelligence?

ecco

Veteran Member

HYPOCRISY The Repubs/Sheeples are really good at it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Goose/Gander Pot/Kettle.

You would prefer to use the term imitate. How about pay-back!

That's destructive, and shows no leadership qualities.

Good leadership requires the inventing of new paths... What the left is doing is spinning their wheels, and causing a lot of smoke.

ecco

Veteran Member
O

That is an intellegence, dilligence failure.
Failure to respond is a whole lot worse.

First off, it wasn't an intelligence failure. State strongly recommended that Chris Stevens close the facility and leave. He felt what he was doing was important and choose to stay.

Second, there was not a failure to respond. The attack was over long before help arrived.

Audie, I have come to expect better from you in terms of knowing the facts.

sooda

Veteran Member
First off, it wasn't an intelligence failure. State strongly recommended that Chris Stevens close the facility and leave. He felt what he was doing was important and choose to stay.

Second, there was not a failure to respond. The attack was over long before help arrived.

Ambassador Stevens was in Benghazi from Tripoli over night to dedicate an emergency services program for Benghazi Hospital in cooperation with Mass General Hospital. The attacks were opportunistic and spur of the moment.

Audie

Veteran Member

I have no partisan interest in this.

If they thought it so dangerous were
plans made for if things went south?

For sure nobody got there in time.
That can be defined as not a failure?
Did anyone even try?
How long does it take for F16s to go (how far?)

Obviously nobody wanted to be held
responsible in any way at any level.

As your late Admiral Richover said-

"If you are not responsible, you
are irresponsible."

Cooky

Veteran Member

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me... Everyone, quick, get out your tin foil hats! :D