• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumpcare tax cuts.

The American Health Care Act (HR 1628) passed by the House reduces taxes on the American people by over $1 trillion. The bill abolishes the following taxes imposed by Obama and the Democrat party in 2010 as part of Obamacare:

-Abolishes the Obamacare Individual Mandate Tax which hits 8 million Americans each year.

-Abolishes the Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax. Together with repeal of the Individual Mandate Tax repeal this is a $270 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Medicine Cabinet Tax which hits 20 million Americans with Health Savings Accounts and 30 million Americans with Flexible Spending Accounts. This is a $6 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Flexible Spending Account tax on 30 million Americans. This is a $20 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Chronic Care Tax on 10 million Americans with high out of pocket medical expenses. This is a $126 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s HSA withdrawal tax. This is a $100 million tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s 10% excise tax on small businesses with indoor tanning services. This is a $600 million tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare health insurance tax. This is a $145 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare 3.8% surtax on investment income. This is a $172 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare medical device tax. This is a $20 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare tax on prescription medicine. This is a $28 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare tax on retiree prescription drug coverage. This is a $2 billion tax cut.

the_donald_by_sharpwriter-da0eh6b.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The American Health Care Act (HR 1628) passed by the House reduces taxes on the American people by over $1 trillion. The bill abolishes the following taxes imposed by Obama and the Democrat party in 2010 as part of Obamacare:

-Abolishes the Obamacare Individual Mandate Tax which hits 8 million Americans each year.

-Abolishes the Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax. Together with repeal of the Individual Mandate Tax repeal this is a $270 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Medicine Cabinet Tax which hits 20 million Americans with Health Savings Accounts and 30 million Americans with Flexible Spending Accounts. This is a $6 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Flexible Spending Account tax on 30 million Americans. This is a $20 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Chronic Care Tax on 10 million Americans with high out of pocket medical expenses. This is a $126 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s 10% excise tax on small businesses with indoor tanning services. This is a $600 million tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare 3.8% surtax on investment income. This is a $172 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare tax on prescription medicine. This is a $28 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare tax on retiree prescription drug coverage. This is a $2 billion tax cut.

Mandate isn't a tax. Never was.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

I find it hilarious when people talk exclusively about costs and not about what is being given up in return for the extra change in their pockets - and who is going to pay for it. Ignore all the medical professionals who have opposed this bill. Ignore the fact that many GOP voters who supported it never actually read it, that it was pushed through congress so fast it was never properly costed, that many Republicans have already said that they're considering scrapping it and writing their own version of it, and that the unanimous opinion of experts is that this bill will result in millions of Americans losing their insurance.

But, hey, who cares? A meaningless number has been reduced! This is surely the whole point of government!

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I find it hilarious when people talk exclusively about costs and not about what is being given up in return for the extra change in their pockets - and who is going to pay for it. Ignore all the medical professionals who have opposed this bill. Ignore the fact that many GOP voters who supported it never actually read it, that it was pushed through congress so fast it was never properly costed, that many Republicans have already said that they're considering scrapping it and writing their own version of it, and that the unanimous opinion of experts is that this bill will result in millions of Americans losing their insurance.

But, hey, who cares? A meaningless number has been reduced! This is surely the whole point of government!

That's funny. I remember Obamacare went through before anybody could even read it. Health care professionals opposing Trumps cuts basically amounts to 9 out of 10 doctors want more money not less money.

VioletVortex

How can socialized healthcare be construed as a bad thing? Unless you are rich and greedy, brainwashed, or just plain ignorant, there's no ****ing way you can support these tax cuts. Trickle down economics are a similar scenario- a complete scam designed to further the cause of those in power.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That's funny. I remember Obamacare went through before anybody could even read it.
That is just plain garbage. The ACA was first drafted in December 2009 and wasn't signed into law until March the following year.

SOURCE: H.R.3590 - 111th Congress (2009-2010): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

Health care professionals opposing Trumps cuts basically amounts to 9 out of 10 doctors want more money not less money.
Believe it or not, not everybody in your country is as entirely self-interested as you apparently are.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That is just plain garbage. The ACA was first drafted in December 2009 and wasn't signed into law until March the following year.

SOURCE: H.R.3590 - 111th Congress (2009-2010): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

Believe it or not, not everybody in your country is as entirely self-interested as you apparently are.

No, I do remember Obamacare was signed without reading it. The first draft was not the bill they were signing, it went through changes that nobody read.

The whole economic system is based on self interest, That's how pervasive self interest is in the professional world. Do not try to lie to me.

The American Health Care Act (HR 1628) passed by the House reduces taxes on the American people by over $1 trillion.

If that number is remotely accurate, $1 trillion should pay for one of the very best universal healthcare systems in the world.

Americans spend $10,000 per year on average on healthcare. In Europe you could have access to a universal system and private healthcare insurance for around half of that.

Unless you want to exercise your right to not have health coverage, you are still paying a 'tax' in the name of the surcharge that Americans pay to the corporations who are robbing them blind.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, I do remember Obamacare was signed without reading it. The first draft was not the bill they were signing, it went through changes that nobody read.

The whole economic system is based on self interest, That's how pervasive self interest is in the professional world. Do not try to lie to me.
Right.

How people forget Nancy Pelosi so quickly these days.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
i'm willing to guess none of our AHCA supporters here are rich enough to get any tax breaks from the AHCA at all, which makes me wonder why do these people care so much about tax breaks for the richest Americans only. Especially since it means their Health insurance bill will probably go up.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Right, "In God we Trust"
Which was added during the cold war in an infantile propaganda war to make an us vs them out if 'those godless reds.'
The original was 'E pluribus unum.' Out of many, one. Which is much more in alignment with the thinking of the founding fathers, whom stressed multiple times that we are not a Christian nation.

No thanks. I like living in a country with a secular foundation.
Canada, Scandanavia and England may not have secular foundations but they sure still got around to ending religious based discriminations before we did. Our actual separation in matters of civil rights issues has been pretty pathetic thus far. Honestly if I weren't intent on making the place I grew up better than what it was, I'd rather live in either of those places.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Which was added during the cold war in an infantile propaganda war to make an us vs them out if 'those godless reds.'
The original was 'E pluribus unum.' Out of many, one. Which is much more in alignment with the thinking of the founding fathers, whom stressed multiple times that we are not a Christian nation.

Canada, Scandanavia and England may not have secular foundations but they sure still got around to ending religious based discriminations before we did. Our actual separation in matters of civil rights issues has been pretty pathetic thus far. Honestly if I weren't intent on making the place I grew up better than what it was, I'd rather live in either of those places.

Of course we're not a Christian nation, Christianity is a religion not a nationality. As a matter of fact not being a "Christian nation" is very Christian. Since this world is not Christ kingdom. And he says let no man deceive you that his kingdom has come. So any secularism of government is definitely Christian. But they put "in God we trust" to appeal to the religious because the majority of Americans are or at least were religious.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course we're not a Christian nation, Christianity is a religion not a nationality. As a matter of fact not being a "Christian nation" is very Christian. Since this world is not Christ kingdom. And he says let no man deceive you that his kingdom has come. So any secularism of government is definitely Christian. But they put "in God we trust" to appeal to the religious because the majority of Americans are or at least were religious.
I already told you why they put it in. Because it was an easy way to scapegoat Soviet Russia at the time. That they were religious was incidental, this was political propaganda.
So you're in agreement with Cogent. We are a secular nation.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

"reduces taxes on the American people by over $1 trillion"

I am not sure how you can conclude that when they didn't wait for a cost assessment before ramming the replacement through.