• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
But Trump is not his own creation. He was born filthy rich and learned how to manipulate the media.
The USA media might find him irresistible, but on the global stage he is just another spoiled rich kid. About as well credentialed for world leadership as Justin Beiber. Less so than Oprah Winfrey or Bono.
Tom

Donald Trump could have turned out to be a spoiled rich kid, but instead became a successful business man and a presidential candidate. He also must have done something right with his children, they also could have turned out to be like Paris Hilton, but instead his three older children have become successful business people themselves.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ya, like this:

In blunt testimony revealed on Tuesday, former managers of Trump University, the for-profit school started by Donald J. Trump, portray it as an unscrupulous business that relied on high-pressure sales tactics, employed unqualified instructors, made deceptive claims and exploited vulnerable students willing to pay tens of thousands for Mr. Trump’s insights.

One sales manager for Trump University, Ronald Schnackenberg, recounted how he was reprimanded for not pushing a financially struggling couple hard enough to sign up for a $35,000 real estate class, despite his conclusion that it would endanger their economic future. He watched with disgust, he said, as a fellow Trump University salesman persuaded the couple to purchase the class anyway.

“I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme,” Mr. Schnackenberg wrote in his testimony, “and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”
-- http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/us/politics/donald-trump-university.html?_r=0

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Ya, like this:

In blunt testimony revealed on Tuesday, former managers of Trump University, the for-profit school started by Donald J. Trump, portray it as an unscrupulous business that relied on high-pressure sales tactics, employed unqualified instructors, made deceptive claims and exploited vulnerable students willing to pay tens of thousands for Mr. Trump’s insights.

One sales manager for Trump University, Ronald Schnackenberg, recounted how he was reprimanded for not pushing a financially struggling couple hard enough to sign up for a $35,000 real estate class, despite his conclusion that it would endanger their economic future. He watched with disgust, he said, as a fellow Trump University salesman persuaded the couple to purchase the class anyway.

“I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme,” Mr. Schnackenberg wrote in his testimony, “and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”
-- http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/us/politics/donald-trump-university.html?_r=0
Ignorant apologists are not interested in facts or first hand accounts. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Donald Trump could have turned out to be a spoiled rich kid, but instead became a successful business man and a presidential candidate. He also must have done something right with his children, they also could have turned out to be like Paris Hilton, but instead his three older children have become successful business people themselves.
Double standards are fun.
If Trump had been born rural & poor, then his redneck hillbilly background would be demonized.
If Hillary had been born with a silver spoon in her mouth.....oh, wait....she was. (Daddy owned his own business.)
But she's for the common man (& gal), because she doesn't live a life of wealth & privil......uh.....oh, wait....she does.
But she earned her wealth by.....uh.....donations & largesse in the form of "speaking fees".

Hey, cut Donald some slack.
Not everyone is born ordinary, & later becoming fabulously wealthy by his own hand, like John Kerry.....oh, wait.....his wife earned it.....oh, oops....she married into it.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Daddy owned his own business.
HOLD IT YOU! I think you of all people know that owning your own business does not equate into excessive wealth! Unless it does... in which case... how you doin?

Acim

Revelation all the time
Ignorant apologists are not interested in facts or first hand accounts. ;)

I took some course under Trump University. Was free and helpful where I was then. But why bore you with a first hand account that you'll dismiss anyway.

Compared to the university programs we have set up now that do take large sums of money from people and return around 25% of those graduating in jobs they majored in. Heck, I had a double major and ended up not working in either, but fortunately paid off all that debt 10 years later. It's such a great system we have now, that one of Bernie's most well known campaign promises is to cover all umpteen trillion dollars of debt all these people are accumulating and having very little to show for it. It's going to real exciting when that economic bubble bursts. 2008 all over again.

Quetzal

Premium Member
But why bore you with a first hand account that you'll dismiss anyway.
I agree! I appreciate you putting this in the beginning of your post. Saves me some time.

Quetzal

Premium Member
No problem, just trying to expose the obvious biases against Trump. I appreciate your making that easy.
I am not disguising my bias so there isn't anything to expose. I hate the man and all he stands for. I never once looked at him and said "What a stand up guy!" And now he is running for president? I have no problem expressing my discontent with the voting public for putting the rest of us in this mess.

Acim

Revelation all the time
I have no problem expressing my discontent with the voting public for putting the rest of us in this mess.

Do you not attribute this mess to all candidates? I realize it is perhaps especially true for you wrt Trump, but to not see it as also true for Hillary is unfathomable from my independent voting position.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Do you not attribute this mess to all candidates? I realize it is perhaps especially true for you wrt Trump, but to not see it as also true for Hillary is unfathomable from my independent voting position.

To be fair, and to @Revoltingest's point, I am just as angry at the Dems for putting the rest of us in the mess with the Hawk. In short, this election sucks.

That answers that.

Quetzal

Premium Member
You bet! My horse in the race was Bernie. Despite some obvious over promising, the guy had some ideas that I really liked. Unfortunately, the media and DNC pushed him to the side in favor of Hillary. And... well... here we are.

Acim

Revelation all the time
You bet! My horse in the race was Bernie. Despite some obvious over promising, the guy had some ideas that I really liked. Unfortunately, the media and DNC pushed him to the side in favor of Hillary. And... well... here we are.

Here's hoping for a contested convention.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think most of his ideas stink like last week's composting haggis.
But I favor him because of all his agendas, peace is the most likely & important result.