• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump wants to buy Greenland

Should Trump purchase Greenland?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Maybe...if the price is right.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

sooda

Veteran Member
Though there are several tribes in Alaska, Inuits are not one of them:

Alaskan Indian Tribes Tribes of Alaska, Athabaskans, Aleut, Yupik

Inuit is a general term for a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting the Arctic coasts of Alaska, the eastern islands of the Canadian Arctic, Labrador, and the ice-free coasts of Greenland. In Eskimo Inuktitut, the language of the Inuit people, "Inuit" means "the people". Apr 3 2019
Alaskan People: Alaska Inuit indians
www.alaskannature.com/inuit.htm

Shaul

Premium Member
I've posted an article about it and others have posted quotes about it from officials. Go read the thread. I'm not doing your work for you.
Articles with “quotes from officials” doesn’t cut it. Naturally government officials of the current regime would not be in favor of the creation of a new regime, they might find themselves out of a job. I asked for citation that the people of Greenland didn’t want to join the U.S. it is you that hasn’t done his work. You claimed the people of Greenland don’t want to join the U.S. The onus is yours to produce evidence. You haven’t. It isn’t I that needs to do work. It is you.

Shaul

Premium Member
Though there are several tribes in Alaska, Inuits are not one of them:

Alaskan Indian Tribes Tribes of Alaska, Athabaskans, Aleut, Yupik
Inuits are not a single tribe but a tribal group. And, yes, there are Inuits in Alaska.

“The Inuit (/ˈɪnjuɪt/; syllabics: ᐃᓄᐃᑦ, "the people", singular: Inuk, dual: Inuuk)[6] are a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting Inuit Nunangat, the Arctic regions of Greenland, Canada, and Alaska

Inuit - Wikipedia

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Inuits are not a single tribe but a tribal group. And, yes, there are Inuits in Alaska.

“The Inuit (/ˈɪnjuɪt/; syllabics: ᐃᓄᐃᑦ, "the people", singular: Inuk, dual: Inuuk)[6] are a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting Inuit Nunangat, the Arctic regions of Greenland, Canada, and Alaska

Inuit - Wikipedia
Not really. Read your article. Yupik is a more correct term, Inuit is simply preferred to Eskimo. In fact the Innu are more Newfoundland and Labrador than anywhere else:

Innu - Wikipedia

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Articles with “quotes from officials” doesn’t cut it. Naturally government officials of the current regime would not be in favor of the creation of a new regime, they might find themselves out of a job. I asked for citation that the people of Greenland didn’t want to join the U.S. it is you that hasn’t done his work. You claimed the people of Greenland don’t want to join the U.S. The onus is yours to produce evidence. You haven’t. It isn’t I that needs to do work. It is you.
I posted an article. You can also Google it yourself. You're on the Internet.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Trump is just a gasbag.. He will say or do anything to be the center of attention.

I like Trump. I agree with his right-wing populism . When our POTUS speaks, I listen. When his political adversaries speak, I often tune them out.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Trump is a laughingstock all over the world...

I doubt the unfair Chinese trade practitioners are laughing about how tariffs imposed by Trump are making companies leave China in favor of exporting their goods from elsewhere without having to partner with Chinese state-run businesses who steal American corporations' trade secrets and copy their technology.

sooda

Veteran Member
I doubt the unfair Chinese trade practitioners are laughing about how tariffs imposed by Trump are making companies leave China in favor of exporting their goods from elsewhere without having to partner with Chinese state-run businesses who steal American corporations' trade secrets and copy their technology.

Trump is an awful joke and foreign ambassadors worldwide are bracing for another 4 years of insanity.

Shad

Veteran Member
Russia control's more of the Artic sea area, than all other nations. Were it not for the USA acquiring Alaska they would have no claim at all.
Canada has by far the largest claim by a western country, followed by Denmark, The USA comes a poor third.
If Greenland became an american state, even combined, it would not match Canada.
It is difficult to know at this stage where the greatest riches lay.

Canada and Denmark have no military that can threaten Russia. That is the point of holding Greenland. It provides a strategic base to counter Russia

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Canada and Denmark have no military that can threaten Russia. That is the point of holding Greenland. It provides a strategic base to counter Russia

That would suggest neither Canada nor Denmark want to threaten Russia.
Threat of military action is not the only international incentive to peaceful agreements.

I would rather that the USA do not militarise the Artic.

Shad

Veteran Member
That would suggest neither Canada nor Denmark want to threaten Russia.

Want to vs can. Neither can so it easy to claim neither wants to.

Threat of military action is not the only international incentive to peaceful agreements.

Neither Denmark nor Canada has any power to incentivize Russia

I would rather that the USA do not militarise the Artic.

This was done decades ago during the Cold War.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Trump is an awful joke and foreign ambassadors worldwide are bracing for another 4 years of insanity.

Mexico didn't laugh at Trump when he threatened to impose tariffs against Mexico for allowing migrants from Central America into Mexico from where they could launch their invasion across our border. When Mexico faced the prospect of being punished with economic tariffs by America, Mexico sent 6,000 troops to her southern border where they have blocked migrants from coming to America from Central America; Based on Mexico's response to the threat of being punished by Trump's tariffs imposed on Mexican-made goods sold in America, Mexico does apparently take Trump very seriously.

A second-term Donald Trump presidency means Mexico will likely be helping America secure our nation's border.

Shad

Veteran Member
Mexico didn't laugh at Trump when he threatened to impose tariffs against Mexico for allowing migrants from Central America into Mexico from where they could launch their invasion across our border. When Mexico faced the prospect of being punished with economic tariffs by America, Mexico sent 6,000 troops to her southern border where they have blocked migrants from coming to America from Central America; Based on Mexico's response to the threat of being punished by Trump's tariffs imposed on Mexican-made goods sold in America, Mexico does apparently take Trump very seriously.

A second-term Donald Trump presidency means Mexico will likely be helping America secure our nation's border.

People just want their cheap crap from China. They do not want to upset the status quo lest their Ipads go up in price.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
People just want their cheap crap from China. They do not want to upset the status quo lest their Ipads go up in price.

China is manipulating its currency in order to make its goods cheaper and American goods more costly. Hence, Americans will keep on buying cheap imported stuff made in China; whereas, the Chinese will stop buying American goods made more expensive by the Chinese manipulation of their currency.

Despite Chinese goods being priced in our market now not much differently than they were before tariffs were imposed, we Americans should do our patriotic duty of not buying goods from the unfair trade practitioner Chinese.

Shad

Veteran Member
China is manipulating its currency in order to make its goods cheaper and American goods more costly. Hence, Americans will keep on buying cheap imported stuff made in China; whereas, the Chinese will stop buying American goods made more expensive by the Chinese manipulation of their currency.

Despite Chinese goods being priced in our market now not much differently than they were before tariffs were imposed, we Americans should do our patriotic duty of not buying goods from the unfair trade practitioner Chinese.

China has been doing this for decades yet the moment someone tries to address it the public looks at their wallets and freak out.

I pay more to buy domestic products when I can. Better quality too.

Overall it is the romanticized view of globalism as people ignore which nation-states their money is going to while being manipulated by those with the most to lose, the owners/shareholders. Like people freaking out over soy beans they never cared about 5 mins ago.