• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Wages War Of Oppression Against Gays

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not really. He lost the popular vote and had, historically, a pretty small EC victory margin. Saved by the bell, is more like it.
He was given no chance.
His own party fought against him.
How many competent candidates have tried & failed throughout history?
Hundreds...thousands....and yet he was one of the very few to become President.
He must know something about politics.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You mean "affect".
And whether it affects me or not, I've an interest in the matter.
It is no less valid than yours, particularly since you're not
affected by this foreign policy either.
I'm talking about his administration's oppression of trans people. Yes, that does affect me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Er, I'm trans. That's my community. Chipping away at legal rights, protections and opportunities opens up all of us to be affected, especially since I live in a right-wing state.
You made a big deal about my being not personally affected.
So I wondered how you are....not others in your community.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Vince is certainly a capable guy.
I also suspect way more business successful than what Trump will ever be (and Vince did forever change his industry in fundamental ways). And overall probably way more arrogant (but not so when it comes to putting his company on top - it was Vince after all who took a beer bath and got his head shaved). The two are friends, and Trump's campaign did seem an awful lot like a WWF angle.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I also suspect way more business successful than what Trump will ever be (and Vince did forever change his industry in fundamental ways). And overall probably way more arrogant (but not so when it comes to putting his company on top - it was Vince after all who took a beer bath and got his head shaved). The two are friends, and Trump's campaign did seem an awful lot like a WWF angle.
Instead of candidate debates, how about a TLC or cage match?
The Rock's political stock would certainly rise.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So I wondered how you are....not others in your community.
It might take a couple years before I can answer this one. With Trump disallowing the CDC from using the word "transgender," this may create a gap in research, which effects my job given it's my job to keep up on such research (was/will be again, anyways). I'm sure they'll find some work around, but if they can't this will be one less source to draw from (and there isn't much research into transgender people and there are many areas with a stark lack of studies).
And then the rest of the words he banned, as well, because some of that stuff I do actually need to know.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Back to the OP,

This would seem to come from the "even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn" dept.?

suncowiam

I'm speculating here about trans folk in the military.
Possibly....
- Higher long term health costs & risks
- Psychological & physical issues reducing readiness

Now remember that I'm not making this argument.
Just considering it as possibly cromulent.

To be fair, you did say you're speculating but speculations cannot be the basis of policies. However, Trump used the same reasoning claiming them to be true when there's still doubt and debate over the data.

Trump’s ban on transgender troops, explained

Such precedence would lead to more organizations being able to deny transgenders admission simply on the speculation of cost.

suncowiam

So when are they going to throw you in jail for using terms
the LGBT community don't like? Personal pronouns in
Canada are under the eye of the law now. Same with mother
and father terms in France.

Let's get this straight - this is attacking. This is war. This is
Cultural Marxism, right out of the books of Antonio Gramski.
the Frankfurt School and the Post-Modernists. Issues of
gender, polygamy, pederasty, gay marriage are just side
shows to all this.

Please provide some references about how some words are actually illegal. I can't see how this is possible especially in Western civilizations.

I actually see it possible in some religion.

What are the issues of gender, polygamy and so on are you referring to?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Instead of candidate debates, how about a TLC or cage match?
The Rock's political stock would certainly rise.
Just imagine, instead of the King of the Ring '98 with Undertake and Mankind, in 2000 we had Bush Jr. and Gore up on top of the cage no one knew or planned on giving out. Obama doing a Swanton Bomb off a ladder onto Romney. And 2016, accompanying them to the ring, standing behind Hillary (I want to say Jimmy Hart but he and Trump would probably never shut up) is Bobby Henan and is Trump's corner is (I want to say Jimmy Hart but he and Hillary would probably never shut up) (I want to say Iron Sheik to see him put everybody in the Camel Clutch) Mr. Fuji. We'd have a well salted, pant-suited, wet, orange haired orangutan with chairs and jumping off things. The perfect visual representation for the state of American campaigning, complete with falls count anywhere, no disqualification, iron man match of indefinite length.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be fair, you did say you're speculating but speculations cannot be the basis of policies. However, Trump used the same reasoning claiming them to be true when there's still doubt and debate over the data.

Trump’s ban on transgender troops, explained

Such precedence would lead to more organizations being able to deny transgenders admission simply on the speculation of cost.
Two things...
- No one makes any policy based upon my speculations, values, or knowledge.
- Private organizations are subject to more regulation than is the military.
- If I were Prez, I'd expect that many, but not all, trans folk applicants would qualify as soldiers.
Cost & readiness would be things quantified & considered for all.

OK, it was 3 things.