• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump unveils Deal Of The Century for peace

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the century is still relatively young. 80 years to go, so it may be a bit premature to call it the "deal of the century."
Well, you know Trump.
If you really want to nitpick the name, how about this: the majority of a century since the creation of Israel has already passed and no such deal has ever been finalized...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Trump--the West in general--needs to butt out of it because the meddling has never achieved anything except make things worse.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Trump--the West in general--needs to butt out of it because the meddling has never achieved anything except make things worse.
Except that one time, 1978, when Carter brokered the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel. But other than that, I'm with you.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Deal of Century establishes Palestinian state, Jewish control of Jerusale

Trump has finally unveiled his complete peace plan for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Thoughts?

Mine are that this, like any other deal, can only work if the Palestinians are on-board, which is unlikely.
So it's junk.
Both Netanyahu and Trump are immersed in political troubles and it suits them both just fine to congratulate themselves to all the World as they big up their quasi deal.

I wonder what the Israelis would think if it had been decided to give the land which holds the great Mosque over to the Palestinians and Muslims?

Looks like one of those gerrymandered congressional district maps that are all the rage in the USA :D

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Trump has finally unveiled his complete peace plan for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Thoughts?

Mine are that this, like any other deal, can only work if the Palestinians are on-board, which is unlikely.
They'd have to be invited to the discussion first, in order for that to happen. Rather than what's going on here where they make a deal with one side missing and then expect that the missing side will just agree to it, after the fact. Kind of a bizarre way of doing it.

Shad

Veteran Member
Unless Palestine has airports, this would
give Israel complete control over entry/exit.

It had airports a few years ago before another one of conflicts. The largest which are for commercial and industrial flights were bombed but never repaired to a point of renewing operations.

Shad

Veteran Member

Thoughts?

Even if the government supported the deal it has no legal authority to accept it and have it be legally binding. Abbas is in the 6th years of a 4 year term while refusing to hold elections due to Hamas/Fatah disputes.

The deal will be rejected as politics in the WB/Gaza rely upon the violence for votes.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
So how many years has Netanyahoo been in power??