• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump unveils Deal Of The Century for peace

Heyo

Veteran Member
it's not likely really about peace-- it's about him.
Of course it's about him, with Trump it's always about him. But then again, he is still bugged about the fact that Obama has a peace Nobel and he has not. I.e. he could be interested in brokering a deal to get his Nobel.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is another joke, not a serious proposal. Besides which, a serious plan is one both sides work out not one the US offers to pander and promote a right-wing Israeli election outcome.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course it's about him, with Trump it's always about him. But then again, he is still bugged about the fact that Obama has a peace Nobel and he has not. I.e. he could be interested in brokering a deal to get his Nobel.
Trump will never realize that the quickest way to earn a Nobel Prize is to make it not about him. That runs contrary to his base personality.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yep, and he's pandering to not only the religious right but also to Netanyahu. the latter of which supported him in 2016. IOW, it's not likely really about peace-- it's about him.

BTW, notice that Bibi is being charged in Israel? Birds of a feather with Trump, ya know. Now the question is will Vladimir get jealous?
Vladimir is doubtless thrilled that his investment in Trump is paying off so well.
Tom

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I think any plan that's going to work should minimize the length of the border between the states, and this plan seems to maximize border length. that can't end well.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Unless Palestine has airports, this would
give Israel complete control over entry/exit.
I mean, it is technically bigger (better?) than what they have now. But this alone is a problem. Creating an economy and any sort of military would be much more difficult. Never mind the fact that a nuclear capable nation (that hates them) surrounds them on all sides.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Really? Obama got his just because of who he was.
Perhaps Trump paid attention to that.
I was not really comfortable with Obama's prize either. Though the Peace Prize is the most political of prizes. Perhaps it was more of a prize for America indicating that an end to racism is possible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I mean, it is technically bigger (better?) than what they have now. But this alone is a problem. Creating an economy and any sort of military would be much more difficult. Never mind the fact that a nuclear capable nation (that hates them) surrounds them on all sides.
The proposal seems designed to inspire Palestinian rejection.
Perhaps that's the goal.