• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump ; U.S. government recognizes Jerusalem as Capital of Israel

Is this a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
"President Trump on Wednesday will order the State Department to begin moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, senior administration officials said, a move that fulfills a campaign promise made to religious conservatives but one that could inflame tensions across the Middle East.: MORE;

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, forge ahead with moving US Embassy

Or simply google the key words ~

This should of happened a long time ago. However our past president, the jello for a spine Obama was too busy grovelling to do the right thing. God is great, everything is falling into place as per bible prophesy and as per God's will.

; {>

Jedster

"President Trump on Wednesday will order the State Department to begin moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, senior administration officials said, a move that fulfills a campaign promise made to religious conservatives but one that could inflame tensions across the Middle East.: MORE;

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, forge ahead with moving US Embassy

Or simply google the key words ~

This should of happened a long time ago. However our past president, the jello for a spine Obama was too busy grovelling to do the right thing. God is great, everything is falling into place as per bible prophesy and as per God's will.

; {>

I am no expert on American politics, but I think people are surprised that Trump did something he promised and it gives the Israel haters a chance to rant.
As an Israeli and Jerusalemite(when I am there) I am pleased someone has the b*lls to recognise what is happening anyway.
The reality is that he's only moving the embassy and already the threats have started.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It is an interesting development. It will not usher in the return of Jesus, so whatever people think its a decision of statecraft. It means the USA considers Jerusalem to be part of Israel. I think the sooner we can get past the expectation of Jesus flying down and landing barefooted upon Mt. Olives the better.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
However our past president, the jello for a spine Obama was too busy grovelling to do the right thing.
However our past president, the jello for a spine Bush was too busy grovelling to do the right thing.
Correct?

By the time Obama was elected, the Bush administration had already set most of the region on fire.
Tom

MrMrdevincamus

I am no expert on American politics, but I think people are surprised that Trump did something he promised and it gives the Israel haters a chance to rant.
As an Israeli and Jerusalemite(when I am there) I am pleased someone has the b*lls to recognise what is happening anyway.
The reality is that he's only moving the embassy and already the threats have started.

I was (happily) surprised to see a positive response to my thread! I so envy you, a natural citizen of Israel. I pray nightly that God will see fit too allow me the funds to visit the holy land. Yes, the enemies of democracy, truth and freedom ie the USAs bigoted news media were spewing their filth the minuet Trump stopped talking. I am truly fed up on the leftist PC jerks that have attempted to put a negative spin on every positive thing Trump has accomplished, this embassy move was no exception. Of course its easier to shine a bad light on something like this than the stock market sitting records and other pure positives that are trumps 'fault'! Thanks for your reply....

; {>

MrMrdevincamus

However our past president, the jello for a spine Bush was too busy grovelling to do the right thing.
Correct?

By the time Obama was elected, the Bush administration had already set most of the region on fire.
Tom

Yes bush and the rest was no better. Regan was a little less of a turn coat as other past presidents. I don't vote the party(ies) because members of the GOP, the Dems the Independents seem so similar. We all know politicians would change anything, do anything, say anything to make their job a forever job. So knowing they are all kind of rotten, I try to vote for someone that will accomplish a few things near and dear to my heart, and hope they dont to anything to muck things up before they get out of office. There is nothing more dear to my heart than Israel, the land the people and the history.....

; {>

MrMrdevincamus

It is an interesting development. It will not usher in the return of Jesus, so whatever people think its a decision of statecraft. It means the USA considers Jerusalem to be part of Israel. I think the sooner we can get past the expectation of Jesus flying down and landing barefooted upon Mt. Olives the better.

Opinions concerning religious belief are many and varied. I am a spiritual person but I do not believe prophesy can be altered by mans free will. However you can be sure one reason Trump is cozying up to Israel because he knows it's like winning the Mega Millions Christian vote lottery, good for him. I believe Israel and the Jewish race is bound by a covenant with God. Maybe Trump is securing his afterlife insurance policy too. Of course the bad thing about doing the right thing is the bad people will use Trumps outstanding statesmanship to do evil things. But its not just this Jerusalem thing that has the Arab world up in arms. Just as in prewar Europe the worldwide antisemitic stage has and is being set by both world and other worldly powers that be. The world is aligning itself against Israel and even desensitizing the world population against the Jewish people. By making Jerusalem the center (capital;) of Israel as per bible prophesy its making things easier to begin construction on the last temple and the rest will be (the end of?) history. However, as the good book says Armageddon may be tonite or ten thousand years from tonight, so no worries ..... kind of, I say kind of because the strife, the killings and the bombings etc that will result from bad people showing their hate of Israel may be the beginnings of what was called the birth pangs.

; Revelation 3:3 Remember, then, what you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know the hour when I will come upon you.

; {>

MrMrdevincamus

Too bad so many Christians are willing to kill and die for a tiny piece of real estate.
Tom

There is nothing strange or bad about protecting ones home homeland etc. Unless its the Jewish people, they are expected to give their land home and culture away.
swu-land.jpg

; {>

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
There is nothing strange or bad about protecting ones home homeland etc. Unless its the Jewish people, they are expected to give their land home and culture away.
swu-land.jpg

; {>
I notice that you left out a little event in 105CE.
It's not been the Jewish homeland for nearly 2000 years, far longer than the Jews ever controlled it. The last 1500 years or so of Muslim control was the longest and most peaceful period in it's history.

It isn't that I think it's Muslim either. It's a piece of real estate with a very long history and it needs to be shared by the current inhabitants. Not people fighting over which ancient Scripture qualifies as a title deed from God.
Tom

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Opinions concerning religious belief are many and varied. I am a spiritual person but I do not believe prophesy can be altered by mans free will. However you can be sure one reason Trump is cozying up to Israel because he knows it's like winning the Mega Millions Christian vote lottery, good for him. I believe Israel and the Jewish race is bound by a covenant with God. Maybe Trump is securing his afterlife insurance policy too. Of course the bad thing about doing the right thing is the bad people will use Trumps outstanding statesmanship to do evil things. But its not just this Jerusalem thing that has the Arab world up in arms. Just as in prewar Europe the worldwide antisemitic stage has and is being set by both world and other worldly powers that be. The world is aligning itself against Israel and even desensitizing the world population against the Jewish people. By making Jerusalem the center (capital;) of Israel as per bible prophesy its making things easier to begin construction on the last temple and the rest will be (the end of?) history. However, as the good book says Armageddon may be tonite or ten thousand years from tonight, so no worries ..... kind of, I say kind of because the strife, the killings and the bombings etc that will result from bad people showing their hate of Israel may be the beginnings of what was called the birth pangs.

; Revelation 3:3 Remember, then, what you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know the hour when I will come upon you.

; {>
I am aware that many authors suggest the world vs. Israel, but this has not happened nor is it happening. What's happening is that its on good relations with most other countries. It is making a show of not massacring its enemies, something which will go down in History as an amazing thing. The longer this whole conflict drags on with people in Gaza teaching their kids to hate Israelis, the bigger the fame Israel gets 100 years from now. Its not going to be just some old country that gets along any old way but the country that takes rocket after rocket and resists revenge. In fact in 50 or 100 years the 'Palestinians' will still be alive and it will be up to them whether to live in peace or not, just as it is now. Israel will have a distinction that no other country has enjoyed, a reputation better than Switzerland's. Its something that has never been done before. No normal country would put up with rockets being fired across its borders year after year without completely decimating the enemy. Israel will have a very powerful legend for its beginning. In the USA we celebrate Thanksgiving, which is a kind of amalgam of ideals but is not really, really based in actual events. Its still a pretty good celebration that brings us together; but its not awe inspiring to other countries. Israel's story will make everyone envious.

Jedster

Perhaps you could then explain how this is advantageous to USA interests. I don't even see how it benefits Israel, although I am sure it's gratifying to the hawks.
In both countries.
Tom

It is a step towards he whole world not being blackmailed by the threat of Islamist anger and the acknowledgement of the simple fact that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

MrMrdevincamus

I notice that you left out a little event in 105CE.

105CE ? Christianity was undergoing some changes with the approval of the Roman Catholic church,....ahhhh'... Oh wait the Chinese invented paper in 105 CE. No?...Letmee guess again....ahhhh'...Islam was created, er founded in the year 7 AD by Muhammad....I give up what event did I forget?

It's not been the Jewish homeland for nearly 2000 years, far longer than the Jews ever controlled it. The last 1500 years or so of Muslim control was the longest and most peaceful period in it's history.

? Are you getting your information from Ahab the Arab (Sheik of the burning sands) or ally-babba or something? The above is all a falsehood! Please vet your claims with a reliable source.

It isn't that I think it's Muslim either. It's a piece of real estate with a very long history and it needs to be shared by the current inhabitants. Not people fighting over which ancient Scripture qualifies as a title deed from God.
Tom

Share your back yard or nation with the world if you believe what you say is true. We live in a world where there are borders and history. Since 1948 Israel has been a sovereign land. I am astonished when average people believe Palestinian and Arab propaganda that is created by those that would rule the world in time . The bible does say Israel is for Issac's bloodline and the Arab lands are Ishmael and his 'descendants'. However as I said modern Israel borders have nothing to do with the bible, she (Israel) won her land in war. Israel us no different than most of Europe and the Americas, who's borders are drawn by conquest or discovery. The half facts and down right falsehoods presented in your reply demonstrate how dangerous revisionist history written by the Arabs (and others) are.

; {>

Last edited:

MrMrdevincamus

I am aware that many authors suggest the world vs. Israel, but this has not happened nor is it happening. What's happening is that its on good relations with most other countries. It is making a show of not massacring its enemies, something which will go down in History as an amazing thing. The longer this whole conflict drags on with people in Gaza teaching their kids to hate Israelis, the bigger the fame Israel gets 100 years from now. Its not going to be just some old country that gets along any old way but the country that takes rocket after rocket and resists revenge. In fact in 50 or 100 years the 'Palestinians' will still be alive and it will be up to them whether to live in peace or not, just as it is now. Israel will have a distinction that no other country has enjoyed, a reputation better than Switzerland's. Its something that has never been done before. No normal country would put up with rockets being fired across its borders year after year without completely decimating the enemy. Israel will have a very powerful legend for its beginning. In the USA we celebrate Thanksgiving, which is a kind of amalgam of ideals but is not really, really based in actual events. Its still a pretty good celebration that brings us together; but its not awe inspiring to other countries. Israel's story will make everyone envious.

Lets hope your vision of Israel comes to fruition, btw I am already somewhat envious of Israel! I may retire there if I can pull some strings together (green strings).

; {>

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That's when the Romans crushed Judea and kicked the Jews out. Like the Chaldeans had a few centuries prior. The Jews have never controlled Jerusalem for 1300 continuous years. Until the Ottoman Empire collapsed after WWI, it had been in Muslim hands since the Islamic Golden Age started.
Tom

MrMrdevincamus

That's when the Romans crushed Judea and kicked the Jews out. Like the Chaldeans had a few centuries prior. The Jews have never controlled Jerusalem for 1300 continuous years. Until the Ottoman Empire collapsed after WWI, it had been in Muslim hands since the Islamic Golden Age started.
Tom

Although I do not agree with your dates I have no quarrel with who has controlled Jerusalem, it has changed hands many times, even the bible predicted that would happen as well as how many times the temple would be built etc. What counts is who has ownership now. Most nations on earth have borders defined by conquering, defending or in the dawn of the age by discovery. None I can think of have forfeited their nation because some poor folks lost it in acts of aggression and wanted it back. Neither I can think of a nation that has the exact same borders for three, two or a thousand years. Btw, hundreds of years of Muslim aggression is what brought the Crusade one and two down upon them, but you will not learn that in western text books. In any case Israel owns Jerusalem today, and that is what the Pals* so irritated, they know that the Trump move legitimatizes Israel even more solid as a ROCK SOLID sovereign nation and every thing inside her borders as hers. This move has helped squash the idea that Israel will ever be delegitimized as a nation, which is the true goal of the Pal and other anti-Semite activists, including the UN. It means the only ways to get rid of Israel will be to go to war with her and the USA and her allies. If that happens it will not be the fault of Trump or the Israelis, it will be the fault of the evil men and their groupies that have wanted to destroy the Jewish race since biblical times.

*(The Jordanian refugees who call them selves Palestinians really have ZERO history of a homeland)

; {>

MrMrdevincamus

I live in the USA. We have been doing that for a long time. It's one of our strong suits.
At least, it used to be.
Tom

Used to maybe, somewhat...well a tiny little bit....but I was talking about giving your back yard to some one that claims its theirs, not yours!

; {>