• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to Withdraw from Iran Nuclear Deal

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump apologizing for something... ?
The second coming of Jesus Christ sounds less far-fetched and I am an atheist as you know.
I too think it unlikely.
If anyone could'a done it, I think Gary Johnson
or Bernie Sanders would've been the ones.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I'm sure those 20 Iranian missiles fired into Israel tonight were part of the gift Obama gave Iran in cash payments.

We are/were suckers. The centrifuges will continue to spin and ballistic missiles made. As Iran showed within hours, the American flags have always been there to burn. Hidden, just like their intentions.
Just repeat what all the RW performance entertainers tell you. Obama didn't give a single American dollar to Iran.

Underhill

I do not think Russia was the best nation to give the supply to because of it's existing relationship and trade deals with Iran. I see it in similar light as the failed policy of letting Russian handle Assad for the world.

Iran would call the US that regardless of the deal. It might as well be the national motto.

Nations which are adversaries of Iran will still align with the US as they already have. More so a small regional coalition could form from the improved relationships between Egypt, KSA, Jordan and Israel. A relationship which in part is formed due to Iranian proxy wars. I have little worries about major players flipping sides.

Well Europe is pissed at us over Trumps tariffs, now the US broke a deal that benefits Europe. Flip sides? Probably not. But if they can continue the deal with Iran without us, I have no doubt they will. Germany is loving their new role as global leader.

I doubt it will lose as much influence as you think.

This deal was made with other nations involved. So in the end all you have done is concede those other nations are not only powerless but a useless addition to the deal.

It isn't the USA's job to please other nations.

You have a skewed view of how international relations work. No, it isn't about pleasing other nations. But breaking agreements is serious business that has lasting impacts.

If we break the deal we become powerless when it comes to Iran. I don't see how us pulling out shows them to be powerless.

esmith

Veteran Member
Actually not very much, but what you don't seem to understand is that when I taught, I taught "political science", not my opinions. It's called "professionalism", esmith.

But I can understand your inability to understand that because, after all, you blindly support a president that probably doesn't even know how to spell the word, let alone act like like one who actually cares for anyone but himself. Bigotry, stereotyping others, uncaring for the poor, name-calling, committing adultery, constant lying, bragging about his penis size and Ivanka's breast size, etc., are just what he and so many of his supporters are about-- iow, basic morality not being important.
Have it your way. I just don't care for your political and social views. So, guess I will have it my way too.

Underhill

Your sources are laughable and manipulates the public.

Carter as per Article 10 of the Mutual Defense Treaty Between the United States and the Republic of China; December 2, 1954. The ratification process agreed with giving him the authority to do so.

Avalon Project - Mutual Defense Treaty Between the United States and the Republic of China; December 2, 1954

Bush, like Carter, used a clause in the agreement giving him the authority to do so as per Article XV, paragraph 2.

Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (ABM Treaty)

And that is when I stopped taking your source seriously and doing any further research.

Yet not in the way you thought......

Virtually every treaty ever made makes such concessions. Which is the point...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually not very much, but what you don't seem to understand is that when I taught, I taught "political science", not my opinions. It's called "professionalism", esmith.
Being a teacher doesn't make one any more objective than non-teachers.
One teaches one's own opinions, & the chosen opinions of others.
Thus we observe teachers opining with at least much bias & prejudice
as the rest of us.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Have it your way. I just don't care for your political and social views. So, guess I will have it my way too.
Name one political view and/or social view you disagree with. I'll guarantee you're in the minority with your views.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm sure those 20 Iranian missiles fired into Israel tonight were part of the gift Obama gave Iran in cash payments.

We are/were suckers. The centrifuges will continue to spin and ballistic missiles made. As Iran showed within hours, the American flags have always been there to burn. Hidden, just like their intentions.
As opposed to whose?
I clearly recall, several years ago when the civil war in Syria was just starting to get violent, a group of USA leaders wanted to arm some rebels with surface to air missiles. That was because one of Assads biggest advantages was the Syrian air force. It didn't happen. But not too long afterwards, it turned out that the group John McCain wanted to give the missiles to was a faction of ISIS.

We could have wound up with USA and Israeli fighter jets being shot down with our own missiles had the hawks on Capitol Hill gotten their way.

I vote that we just GTFO. Stop meddling in the middle east altogether.
Tom

Phantasman

As opposed to whose?
I clearly recall, several years ago when the civil war in Syria was just starting to get violent, a group of USA leaders wanted to arm some rebels with surface to air missiles. That was because one of Assads biggest advantages was the Syrian air force. It didn't happen. But not too long afterwards, it turned out that the group John McCain wanted to give the missiles to was a faction of ISIS.

We could have wound up with USA and Israeli fighter jets being shot down with our own missiles had the hawks on Capitol Hill gotten their way.

I vote that we just GTFO. Stop meddling in the middle east altogether.
Tom
I couldn't agree more with the last line. Who came to the rescue of OUR civil war?

Let the people decide their own future (government). Not us.

But also on that same note, don't expect the US to be a place to run to as well (like San Salvador). Fight to win or die, just as we did. No refugee's.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Who came to the rescue of OUR civil war?
The USA didn't really have a civil war, the history books written by the victors notwithstanding.
The Southerners took the same attitude that the colonies had a few decades previously:
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which theLaws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."
That's from the Declaration of Independence, for those less familiar with USA history.
Northerners didn't like that, so they invaded the Confederate States and laid waste. But it's known as "The War of Northern Aggression" to a lot of people because the Southerners didn't attack the Northerners.
That's a fact.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But also on that same note, don't expect the US to be a place to run to as well (like San Salvador). Fight to win or die, just as we did. No refugee's.
Really?
You think that the Statue of Liberty is obsolete?

I don't. I like it. What it says and especially what it stands for.
:mad:
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The USA didn't really have a civil war, the history books written by the victors notwithstanding.
The Southerners took the same attitude that the colonies had a few decades previously:

That's from the Declaration of Independence, for those less familiar with USA history.
Northerners didn't like that, so they invaded the Confederate States and laid waste. But it's known as "The War of Northern Aggression" to a lot of people because the Southerners didn't attack the Northerners.
That's a fact.
Tom
You remind me of.....

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And you actually believe that's "Christian" in any way? Are you even vaguely aware that the early Christians risked their lives to help others, such as those with leprosy?

Underhill

I'm sure glad you aren't running the country. Trump has verified information that comes from the dozens of CIA agents that went to Israel last week to check the "facts". The MSM pundits don't. It's a choice who you want to listen to. And MSM has a bad record, IMO. It's never about "facts". It's always about hating Trump.

Yeah sure. Just like Bush had all of his CIA experts telling him Iraq had weapons that didn't exist.

I have no doubt that Iran hasn't given up on all their nuclear ambitions. But to claim that we are better off without a deal that allows inspectors and allows closer monitoring is silly.

But here is the clincher. If Israel had concrete evidence of Iran not following the tenets of the deal, why haven't they presented them to the UN? If Iran were found to be breaking the terms, then the entire deal would be called off, and all of the former embargoes would be reinstated. That tells me the 'evidence' is not conclusive.

Phantasman

That's a fact.
Tom
I know now the type of person I'm dealing with. Rewrite history to see it as you want. Fort Sumter wasn't an attack? See it as you like.

Don't even answer. I learned American history over sixty years ago. Before the liberals rewrote it.

Phantasman

Really?
You think that the Statue of Liberty is obsolete?

I don't. I like it. What it says and especially what it stands for.
:mad:
Tom
Putting words in my mouth about refugee's compared to immigrants, are you?

Our conversing is over. I don't need to use an ignore program. I just bypass condescension when I read it.

Not bothered nor mad. Just a waste of my time.

Peace.

Phantasman

And you actually believe that's "Christian" in any way? Are you even vaguely aware that the early Christians risked their lives to help others, such as those with leprosy?
And where is Christ glorified in such actions? Saving the flesh?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It was a terrible deal from the get go and if the new/old information from Israel recently is accurate the Iranians were not honest to begin with and lied about the depth of their work to acquire nuclear weapons. In effect, the Iranians voided the deal from day one due to their dishonesty with the other negotiating parties. I don't fault Obama too much, he just chose to believe their lies all the while fully expecting that they would not honor their part of the bargain. Deals don't get much worse than this one.
Any, you know, citations for these claims?